You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: ---
If I could be anything, I would be...: ---
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ---

Hi, sorry for bombarding this board... :oops:

Can i actually do Ash's protection ritual, and then on top of that go with the LBRP, or is either one sufficient?

What are the pros and cons for either method?

And how does the Rosy Cross fit into all of this, or is it more of a supplementary ritual one can do?

As for candles - if, let's say, a black candle cannot be obtained, is it sufficient to tie a black cloth to that candle? And can any old candle be used, or must they be specially made for ritualistic purposes?

I understand that the room and the materials used should be cleansed, would cleansing them with reiki be sufficient, or should other cleansing methods be used?

Thank you.

In seeking Death I learned to live.
'Walk your own path. Seek your own truth.' -- Azrael
'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'
Madie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

Vanyawen wrote:Hi, sorry for bombarding this board... :oops:

Can i actually do Ash's protection ritual, and then on top of that go with the LBRP, or is either one sufficient?

What are the pros and cons for either method?

And how does the Rosy Cross fit into all of this, or is it more of a supplementary ritual one can do?

As for candles - if, let's say, a black candle cannot be obtained, is it sufficient to tie a black cloth to that candle? And can any old candle be used, or must they be specially made for ritualistic purposes?

I understand that the room and the materials used should be cleansed, would cleansing them with reiki be sufficient, or should other cleansing methods be used?

Thank you.
First of all you can perform as many protection rituals as you wish, a lot of protection is never too much. Saying that, Ash's ritual is very complex and quite suficient but again is up to you. If you feel you want to do all of them then do them, it's not a problem. The R Cross ritual is usually performed(but not only) after LBRP as it further strengthens its effect.

With candles, especially for the protection ritual I would stick with the right colours. When performing magic, everything is about your intent and how strong you can visualise the purpose and end result. Appropriate candle colours are desirable but not an ultimate necessity. Saying that, and I know I'm just contradicting what I just said, for the protection ritual I would get the right colour candles.
Reiki cleansing is great, crystal cleansing also you could use a sage stick or incense to smudge the room.

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: ---
If I could be anything, I would be...: ---
My magical/paranormal name...: ---

Thanks, madie!

Time to go a-hunting for black candles....

In seeking Death I learned to live.
'Walk your own path. Seek your own truth.' -- Azrael
'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'

Return to “Protection”