Any Sea Glass OK?

Tips and tricks for connecting with dragons.
RyuKyu
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinns & Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hmm, not sure what that means
Zodiac:

HI, I have a question about sea glasses. I was checking through ebay and found out that genuine sea glasses(ones created by ocean tide and usually very old) are pricey or valued and known to have a healing effect. The other artificial ones are created mechanically and the frosty looks come from the use of acid.

So my question is, when people here say dragon likes sea glass, is it the genuine ones from the sea or ones from the craft store? Will they like it no matter where it came from? If so, what makes a sea glass so special for the dragons if it's not really from the sea? Is there a special spell or ritual that makes the sea glass special to them?

I'm sorry for so many questions. I was originally thinking of just getting the cheapest sea glass but now after searching, things got complicated ::facepalm::

I am thinking of a project to make a nice enchanting home for my black dragon who is coming to me soon. I wanted to add some sea glasses to his home. If there really is a healing property in real sea glasses then I'd wait till I have the money to buy some or till I get to go to a beach on vacation and find some myself.

Can anyone share your thoughts on sea glasses and experience with your dragons please ::poke::

In life there is no such thing as "Bad", just our inability to see the "Good".

True PEACE comes from knowing that good is all that exists.
"
CrankyFish
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 57
If I could be anything, I would be...: MYSELF
My magical/paranormal name...: Mistress Catching Fire Burning Down Houses of Cards Amber Sun Rainbow Aura
Zodiac:

I think it's the thought that counts too :) Sea glass genuine is pricey...They'd understand if you couldn't afford it right now.

I wonder too on a related note...If man made rubies, emeralds, etc have the same healing effect as natural ones?

Dragons aren't picky about sparkly or pretty offerings ... beads, glitter, shiny fabric, marbles.... Can make a lovely eye catching dragon
lair anyone would be proud to horde over. ::dragons:: ::dragons:: ::dragons:: hehe

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

i am glad you posted this. i meant to buy some sea glass for my dragon and forgot. :thumbup:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
RyuKyu
new here
new here
Zodiac:

SolarSiren wrote:Dragons aren't picky about sparkly or pretty offerings ... beads, glitter, shiny fabric, marbles.... Can make a lovely eye catching dragon lair anyone would be proud to horde over. ::dragons:: ::dragons:: ::dragons:: hehe
That great to hear! I have a strong connection to this Black and I want the bonding to be smooth :inlove: . I heard that Black dragon don't like treats so I was thinking of offering him a nice comfy home. It even got me to start posting boxes of old stuff I had in the garage on ebay to get extra income lol I'm a lazy one so that is something. I'll post a thread with images once it's done. I'm so excited. Maybe if the stuff sells for a good price I can afford some nice genuine sea glasses for him.
sadlotus79 wrote:i am glad you posted this. i meant to buy some sea glass for my dragon and forgot. :thumbup:
Your welcome!

"
FiercelyFree
active contributor
active contributor

::wave:: .......... have collected the real stuff and bought an inexpensive bag at craft store Michael's - all my dragons like them all equally :rainbow: .... the little hoarders love any colorful glass (jewel-like LOL)... FF :pumpkin:

It's a beautiful day.... don't let it get taken away !
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Seaglass can get expensive! I've read articles, believe it or not -- it's actually quite the oddball hobby but some people get into trading and hunting seaglass... pricing depends on the rarity of some colors of seaglass...

The stuff you can get at Michaels Arts 'n Crafts or any craftstore SHOULD be the real thing, it's just not priced as high because it's more commonly found than the rarer forms of sea glass.

I really dont know why they love seaglass so much (I just heard a collective shriek of "SEAGLASS!!!!" in my head just now :lol:)... I find it puzzling. A small story: I was walking by a japanese restaurant and instantly felt a strong pull, looked down by the side of building and saw a row of neatly planted bushes along with a layer of what looked like shiny pebbles set to simulate a river... I realized upon closer inspection that these pebbles were in fact probably seaglass due to their flattened shape... I was literally "drooling" over these things and almost picked some up to stuff into my purse when I realized my 30+ dragon spirits were the influencers... much like a recovering drug addict who happens upon a several kilos of illicit powder, I could feel their energies ramping up around my aura... absolutely hilarious!

BTW, I would love to see this enchanting seaglass home of yours once you're done. Please take a photo and share it under "Spirit Crafts"!

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

SolarSiren wrote:I think it's the thought that counts too :) Sea glass genuine is pricey...They'd understand if you couldn't afford it right now.

I wonder too on a related note...If man made rubies, emeralds, etc have the same healing effect as natural ones?
Check out this thread on synthetic vs. natural.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 30&t=17991

RyuKyu
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:A small story: I was walking by a japanese restaurant and instantly felt a strong pull, looked down by the side of building and saw a row of neatly planted bushes along with a layer of what looked like shiny pebbles set to simulate a river... I realized upon closer inspection that these pebbles were in fact probably seaglass due to their flattened shape... I was literally "drooling" over these things and almost picked some up to stuff into my purse when I realized my 30+ dragon spirits were the influencers... much like a recovering drug addict who happens upon a several kilos of illicit powder, I could feel their energies ramping up around my aura... absolutely hilarious!
That is so funny! Because I'm Japanese and I was planning to use the sea glass as a river too lol ::rofl::

"
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Seiko wrote:
Terror Misu wrote:A small story: I was walking by a japanese restaurant and instantly felt a strong pull, looked down by the side of building and saw a row of neatly planted bushes along with a layer of what looked like shiny pebbles set to simulate a river... I realized upon closer inspection that these pebbles were in fact probably seaglass due to their flattened shape... I was literally "drooling" over these things and almost picked some up to stuff into my purse when I realized my 30+ dragon spirits were the influencers... much like a recovering drug addict who happens upon a several kilos of illicit powder, I could feel their energies ramping up around my aura... absolutely hilarious!
That is so funny! Because I'm Japanese and I was planning to use the sea glass as a river too lol ::rofl::
:crazy: :clap: That is just awesome.

sapiiii
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

i don't know genuine sea glass is so expensive in your area.

i got mine 350 grm for 20bucks...and that is alot of sea glass.

somebody suggested to me that i should take a stroll on the beach and keep looking.

and my dragons also like the sea glass.....now i'm thinking of putting the dragon salt on their hoard if the price go down.

Ask no Questions and You will Hear No Lie

The Happiest People Don't Have The Best Of Everything, They Just Make The Best Of Everything

as above, so below

Return to “Connecting With Dragons”