Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I was wondering what makes up the best witch or wizard? Which traits are most desirable to strive for? Really interested in getting opinions from those more accomplished than myself. (Mag or Ash?) Sure I have tons of theory to go off of but I'm looking for something that is tried and true. I'm trying to create some good daily affirmations to help with my magickal studies and would greatly appreciate any insight :wizard:

I read these words of my future in the past, and now my lie is true.

There is always a solution, have you the fortitude to seek it.

SpiritualHeart
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Ferocious Harmony wrote:I was wondering what makes up the best witch or wizard? Which traits are most desirable to strive for? Really interested in getting opinions from those more accomplished than myself. (Mag or Ash?) Sure I have tons of theory to go off of but I'm looking for something that is tried and true. I'm trying to create some good daily affirmations to help with my magickal studies and would greatly appreciate any insight :wizard:

Personally, I believe that when working with any magic, any witch or wizard should feel confident in what they may be working towards. Confidence is key, in my opinion. I believe that goes for communicating and working with spirits, as well. For instance, if a witch or wizard is worried about a spell or unsure about a spell they should not cast it; they should look into it more. A spell caster should know what it is they want from the spells they are casting; they should know what they want to happen and what they wish to make of whatever may be the desirable circumstance. I truly believe, fully and completely in my heart and soul, that a witch or wizard (or someone who is striving to be a witch or wizard) should look inside themselves and learn about themselves through the process of learning about magic, and truly know their own intentions and what their actions could bring; a witch or wizard should be prepared for anything. The universe knows you, the spirits know you; they feel you out and the magic feels you out as well, not just the spirits. Magic is ALIVE, it breathes and it is ready to work best for those who appreciate it and treat it with respect; and I'm just telling you, that it will not work best for anyone who is nervous or afraid; spells can go wrong if someone feels worried or upset. Magic can bring many things to those who not only listen and learn, but to those who realize the only kind of magic that can work so successfully for you is the kind you truly believe in and can relate to, AND appreciate. When you learn to appreciate magic, there eventually grows an understanding and likeness between the witch/wizard and the magic they are casting; the magic realizes it CANNOT own YOU.

:D So, in reality, in every reality, there are no better traits that a wizard can have rather than his fellow wizard, nor can there be traits a witch can have that are better than her sister witch...except for these three things one must do always to succeed to their fullest with magic and many other aspects of life: respect, realize, and believe...and then you shall receive. :angel:

Well, I hope this helps! :D This is truly what I believe! PLEASE always believe in yourself; magic and spirits will see that confidence inside of you and trust what you want to make happen to be of a greater and outstanding purpose!!! :D

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

Great question! I hope to see other replies.

The answer will depend on the particular path/tradition. For example, one path might cultivate the willful manipulation of forces, and another might cultivate forces working through the practitioner. One path might cultivate intellect, and another might cultivate emotion. It's all good.

But in my opinion, practitioners of many paths can prosper in having,
1. A sense of balance in what they do,
2. Awareness of the world around them and their actions in the world,
3. Willingness to work/practice even when they don't really want to,
4. Common sense,
5. A firm working knowledge of, and respect for Murphy's Law.
6. A sense of humor.
7. (This one is most certainly my opinion, but IMO it's wise for one to work on their inner world (via healing, mindfulness, etc,) before taking on their outer world, lest they magic their way into a wet paper bag rather than out of one!)

(I still have a lot of work to do on these myself!) 2cents

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
Ferocious Harmony
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
Zodiac:

Spiritual Heart-Quite true I believe that works with anything you have a passion for. Believing in oneself is integral to success.
Lampropeltis- Nice list. Now all I have to do is figure out how to apply it to me.. :think:

Thanks for the responses
Hoping to get more!

I read these words of my future in the past, and now my lie is true.

There is always a solution, have you the fortitude to seek it.

SpiritualHeart
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Ferocious Harmony wrote:Spiritual Heart-Quite true I believe that works with anything you have a passion for. Believing in oneself is integral to success.
Lampropeltis- Nice list. Now all I have to do is figure out how to apply it to me.. :think:

Thanks for the responses
Hoping to get more!

;) You're very welcome; I'll be wishing you much luck on your magical & spiritual journey! :candle:

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”