acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

In my research on deities, I found quite a few of them to prefer luxuries like wine and sweet foods as offerings. It seems my spirits do too! Whenever I have a glass of wine, I toast to them and drink in their honor. It always gets me a little rush of collective warmth (and not just from the wine! ).

In addition, my two new leprechaun spirits are said to like beer, and a certain mixed drink as offering.

So what kind of drinks do your spirits like? Any spirits you have that specifically dislike them?

sapiiii
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

few times i offered a certain rice wine and a special whiskey made of rose and berry from finland.....and someone got drunk for sure.....lol

havent try red wine....

Ask no Questions and You will Hear No Lie

The Happiest People Don't Have The Best Of Everything, They Just Make The Best Of Everything

as above, so below
Zin
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Duojna, Black Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: too many options! :o
Zodiac:

sapiiii wrote:few times i offered a certain rice wine and a special whiskey made of rose and berry from finland.....and someone got drunk for sure.....lol

havent try red wine....
Oooh...what's that whiskey called?

I walk a path I cannot see, but it's the one that's meant for me. <3
There are Powerlines in our Bloodlines
Proud to have many Giants in my Bloodline.
Seeker of Knowledge.
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

i have offered red wine,rum and beer.
but its a special treat for them as this is a non-drinking house lol

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I offer red wine to my vampires. I've tried different types of red wine and they seem to like them all. They really don't like beer though and when I asked them why the answer was "it's not classy".
I've offered beer to the Immortal Nut because I didn't know what else to offer and I remembered that beer was one of the first alcoholic beverages that started being produced in Egypt in really ancient times. I'm going to try offering beer to some of the Norse Immortals as well as my Einherjar when he arrives.
I offer rum to my guardian Zemi spirit that I got last week. It's just bacardi because I didn't have the money for anything better so I got just a one portion bottle of bacardi but I'm going to get a bottle of a better kind of black rum soon.
I occasionally offer whiskey to St Anthony too.
I think that's all regarding spirits for spirits lol! I don't give any other types of alcohol to my spirits, but I give tea and chai to my djinn and my Bannik, coffee to St Anthony and water to my faeries and my water spirits (Nymphs and merman).
Last edited by -arianna- on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

I suppose Leprachauns would enjoy a little beer here and there, what with the Irish connection - perhaps some Baileys and Irish coffee. Or just a a whole load of whiskey instead. I haven't officially offered any alcohol to my spirits - don't know why - I'm always around it when I head out, and they are always around me, so unofficially the alcohol is there for their taking, they just need to help themselves to it! I imagine many of the immortals quite like wine. Don't know what I would associate with the others. Angels and Djinn perhaps have non-alcoholic tendencies.

sapiiii
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Zin wrote:
sapiiii wrote:few times i offered a certain rice wine and a special whiskey made of rose and berry from finland.....and someone got drunk for sure.....lol

havent try red wine....
Oooh...what's that whiskey called?
LAPPONIA...21%

quite sweet and very aromatic smell....

Ask no Questions and You will Hear No Lie

The Happiest People Don't Have The Best Of Everything, They Just Make The Best Of Everything

as above, so below
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

I believe Lapponia is made from cloudberries. I never touch that stuff, but every time I have red wine, I offer it to my vampire and I share my beer with my Norse djinn.

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

Liquid offerings are fairly common in my household. I've given ancestral offerings of Rum, Vodka, Tequila, Baileys, kahlua, and wine. (my husbands ancestors like tequila)

I use beer in a few recipes (i don't care for the taste) and several of my spirits like a nip of that. (einherjar likes Guiness). I buy cheap wine for cooking, and my spirits don't generally care for it, although I got a nice bottle as a gift once and my vamp got most of it as an offering.

Oh, quite a few of the male spirits developed a fondness for spiked eggnog this holiday and encouraged my normally sober husband into packing on several pounds of 'nog related weight.

I make a rum up for Baron Samedi with 21 habanero peppers.
(you never forget which bottle belongs to Him)

We're not much of a boozy household. Most of my spirits prefer fruit juices, hot drinks (coffee, tea, etc), sea water, or fresh water.

Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Well, I sometimes leave liquor out in my garden for my dwarfs. (all unbounds of course). I put it underneath my shrubs and trees. I know they very much love and appreciate it, when I put little glasses filled with liquor/shorts out for them. I hide them underneath the shrubbery.
A friend of mine has an amazing magical garden and she showed me spots and places where she suspects spirit residence in her garden. I sensed it right away. I advised her to offer liquor to her garden entities, such as dwarfs and gnomes. The result was great!

So, I frequently treat my natural garden inhabitants and they very much love it.
Dwarfs just love it! 83

Return to “General Questions”