Dragon Food!

teabags
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0

BTW Brit,
Spirits feast on the "essence" of food, so there's really no need to buy "special foods" like that. It's up to you though.
I just leave peanut butter or marshmallows on my table overnight for mine, and invite her to enjoy the treats!!
The food is still "physically" there the next day...LOL..

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely." ~ The Land Before Time
Breetastic
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Deity
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Eos Asta
Zodiac:

terence525 wrote:BTW Brit,
Spirits feast on the "essence" of food, so there's really no need to buy "special foods" like that. It's up to you though.
I just leave peanut butter or marshmallows on my table overnight for mine, and invite her to enjoy the treats!!
The food is still "physically" there the next day...LOL..
Oh, okay! That makes more sense.. :thankyou:

Could I also eat it and have them take the energy from me? So I won't attract little mice or whatever into my house? :?

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul." - A. Powell Davies
Just passing through this life until the next one.
Beech
active contributor
active contributor

This isn't exactly food but it is offering related.

I have dragon's blood incense but also, there is a perfume oil shop nearby who makes what has long been one of my favorite scents. It's called Dragon's Breath. They just started making incense too and my green seems to like it alot.

I imagine it's offered elsewhere too, has anyone else had good results with it? They have so many wonderful scents that my spirits seem to love. Oli likes the Renaissance one and the most favorite with my fae is (of all things) Nile Goddess (I always think of Arsine when I use this one)

teabags
neophyte
neophyte

[quote="BritannicaAtlantix"][quote="terence525"]BTW Brit,
The food is still "physically" there the next day...LOL..[/quote]

Oh, okay! That makes more sense.. :thankyou:

Could I also eat it and have them take the energy from me? So I won't attract little mice or whatever into my house? :?[/quote]

Hi Bree,
You could try the energy exercise mentioned by Savari...The more experienced keepers should be able to give you more advanced tips? The best way would be to ask your spirits what way they prefer...everyone's different so just do what you "feel" is right or what your spirits tell you.
Treats are NOT COMPULSORY!! Remember like giving treats to your pets sometimes? Similar idea...if you feel it would boost your connection, by all means do it...It's also nice to offer treats when they've done something for you, granted your wish, etc...as a way of thanking them...

I've binded most of my girls into my triumvirate, so they're sharing my soul energy...still I take time to chat with them, burn incense and occasional treats! There's no strict right or wrong, follow your instincts!
With mice, you could leave the treat on a little plate on your dressing table or somewhere high in your room? Shouldn't be a problem really.
Cheers!

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely." ~ The Land Before Time
teabags
neophyte
neophyte

[quote="brokenbeech"][color=#BFBFBF]This isn't exactly food but it is offering related.

I have dragon's blood incense but also, there is a perfume oil shop nearby who makes what has long been one of my favorite scents. It's called Dragon's Breath. They just started making incense too and my green seems to like it alot.

I imagine it's offered elsewhere too, has anyone else had good results with it? They have so many wonderful scents that my spirits seem to love. Oli likes the Renaissance one and the most favorite with my fae is (of all things) Nile Goddess (I always think of Arsine when I use this one) [/color][/quote]

Hi, I have heard of dragon's breath too. But I got a big box of dragon's blood incense, it's gonna be a while till I go shopping again! LOL.
I use "fairy dreams" incense for my fae...it's got honey and jasmine...smells good!

Mr L.
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male

Actually the link in the opening posts leads only to the CH boards, so here I've got a link about the stuff:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DRAGON-SPIRIT-FOOD- ... 240%3A1318

They also sell Faerie food and the general "spirit food" and when I asked them about it, as they sell so many different ones, this was their answer:

Each of our foods can be used by any kind of spirit, but they all have different flavors and ingredients. Since the dragons seem to love ginger and sweets the dragon food has more of these flavors, but I have found the Spirit food is loved by all spirits, it has a spirit "catnip" effect so to speak. I often, interchange the flavors and give a different one from time to time for variety sake, but there is no rule, the healthy essences are equal in all of them so, it will benefit them no matter which one you use. The dragon food has a distinct aroma that is completely different from the Spirit food, so often it has to be something the keeper enjoys giving as well. If the aromas bother the keeper the fairy food is odor free with flavor intact, so it helps if you are sensitive to scents. You could try either and see what your experiences are with your own beings.

Anyways, I bought some with only the best results :) They really seem to love it.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/images/jack-bobby.png
Minimoon
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: ?
If I could be anything, I would be...: live aslong as i wan
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Katara
Zodiac:

so is eating the leftover food that you gave as an offering like eating an empty carcass shell?

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Minimoon wrote:so is eating the leftover food that you gave as an offering like eating an empty carcass shell?
Maybe not to that degree, but I have noticed that, even after a relatively short period of time, there is a definite difference in flavor

Dragonoake
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 35
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Mr L. wrote:Since the dragons seem to love ginger and sweets the dragon food has more of these flavors, but I have found the Spirit food is loved by all spirits
I've noticed that Odin seems to enjoy ginger-cinnamon mead

AFrog
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Minimoon wrote:so is eating the leftover food that you gave as an offering like eating an empty carcass shell?
Yes and no. It still has all the nutrients your physical body needs, it just doesn't have the spirit enery anymore.
I personally don't think it tastes different, it just "feels" empty. It doesn't tingle in my fingertips, when I touch the food.

Return to “Dragons”