venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hehe Sorry for ALMOST Derailing! XD

Well I've read some posts around that "True Vampirism" is merely an "Energy Deficiency" one is born with. Or just Human hematophagy.

Then their are some that claim to sell "Living" vampires on the net that are somewhat stereotypical, that is living vampiric entitys from astral plane.. Then I think of the physical ones..Any similarity really to the astral ones and the physical ones?

It just gets all confusing when people mix terminology.

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
Zodiac:

Also, how can vampires be bound while alive anyways? Every now and then someone claims to have a "Sleeper" vampire. A vampire in Hibernation while there spirit is bound. Forgot to add.

So yeah, Between Living Physical Vampires, Living Astral Vampires, And then "sleeper" vampires.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I agree, there really is not any kind of uniformity outside of living Vampires on Earth. And technically, it's attributed to the generality of the word Vampire. There are lots of entities that are Vampires by definition of being a feeder of blood or energy. It encompasses a vast range outside of the humanoid Vampires that the populous envisions when they hear the word "Vampire".

From what I know from the threads here about Astral Vampires, outside of the internet there is no documentation, therefore there is little to be discovered.

I think, like the word "Demon" there should be far better descriptions & definitions of what a "Vampire" is when it is not in reference to what is already documented & known. Is someone calling it a "Vampire" because it feeds on blood? Because it feeds on energy? Because it is sexual & dark? What are the criteria for defining a non-standard species as a Vampire?

None of that is going to happen unless the collectors demand it. Otherwise, the circulation of little information will continue.

As for Sleeper Vampires, you're getting into more of the sub-sect of Vampire beliefs. Not all in the Vampire communities believe in Sleepers. Some argue the necessity for the bloodline to continue, some argue the impracticality of it. On the side of pro-Sleeper beliefs you have those who believe the Sleeping started because of the need to ensure there was always a Vampire from the pure source to continue a bloodline, that sounds reasonable enough, however, Sleeping wasn't always a part of Vampiric history, therefore it wasn't an ability they always had, therefore the newly established ability had to come from somewhere... a witch? a sorcerer? an Immortal? There is little information pre-internet that discusses the origin of the ability to Sleep. And, the Sleeping was thought to occur as the bloodlines were being diluted and other races were burgeoning on population explosions and threatening their own species.

For the buried group... the larger Clans and the larger Alliances that were documented (non-public) were in populous areas, not remote sections of the jungle. In their populous areas the development was what you think of in terms of ancient ruins today. There was some architectural buildings and such, but not in the volume there is today. If a Sleeper was buried in a location that was developed over they would be out of luck. A Vampire couldn't bust through concrete, marble, and other building materials to break free. Likewise, if an area is so overgrown with foliage that hundreds of years of roots have taken hold they are also going to be out of luck.

For the mausoleum group... even if the Vampire awakens from the mausoleum and had a pre-planned way out, once in society they would have to have somewhere to live, currency, a car or bus pass, and a way to get back to any remaining Clan members or surrogate Clan agreements pre-made which would mean you really hope the Clans still exist, and someone from the bloodline still exists, otherwise the whole Sleeper thing is moot.

For the parasite group... those who believe that a Vampire aspect is living inside a human bloodline and will "awaken" inside a human being at some pre-set time in a bloodline and then take over the human's body... well, there's a lot of flaws with that theory that it's almost non-existent in the Vampire community at this point.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Here is my understanding, pretty straight forward-

There are vampires, and vampiric entities/beings.
Vampires hail from the physical realm, whereas vampiric entities can originate from the astral or physical.

It is possible that there are beings of the astral realm similar to physically originating vamps..
HOWEVER; One thing that can be very EASILY mistaken for an astral-dwelling vamp, are physical realm vamps simply traversing the astral plane (dead or alive). I believe that more commonly this is the case, vampires one encounters astrally will in fact be physical (or once-physical) beings.
Vampires can have a rather potent ability with astral travel and dreamwalking, if they can go about this with ease then you could get the idea they spend a lot of time on the astral plane. Maybe they do, but it doesn't mean their original form is astral.

As for Vampire Stasis (what has been alluded to as "sleeper vampires")...
My thought is that, one of two situations would have to be going on:

1.) This is a vampire who has been granted a supernatural ability, perhaps inherited or otherwise directly..ritually/magickally attained, to lay their physical form to rest and preservation as they continue on another plane of existence or in a purgatorial state until a much later time; in which they will "awaken" physically once again.

2.) This is a vampire who ritually, physically dies..their body is done for (unpreserved), and though incorporeal will likely not go through or complete a typical afterlife process. For they are not truly, spiritually dead. This and a planned return must again be supernaturally/magickally granted.
When they return, they return to some other body but with power and memory of previous physical existence intact. This imitates immortality; and is not necessarily reincarnational as they may take over or merge with any age of body. (Though, admittedly I see it working more effectively through a newborn).

In both instances they would have the control to put themselves to some semblance of death (stasis) whenever they choose, and relative control over revival --though this may be conditional.
It's really a pretty necromantic practice. So, in most potent necromancy merged with vampire power and/or any sources that could supernaturally impact this (such as the touch of a certain god or goddess), I absolutely see how it works.

And that is all.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

::nice::

Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: ---
If I could be anything, I would be...: ---
My magical/paranormal name...: ---

::included::

Much to think about, especially the definitions of 'vampire'.

Would a person who unconsciously 'drains' energy from people, whether or not they need it to feel healthy, be considered a living psychic vampire? What about energy parasites then? This has always been nagging at me.

In seeking Death I learned to live.
'Walk your own path. Seek your own truth.' -- Azrael
'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'
Kharma
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

::nice::

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

LiVe YoUr LiFe ThRu YoUr OwN EyEs

“Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death”
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Lionox wrote:A person is only considered a true living Psychic Vampire when they must energy feed, or risk becoming very ill, moody, and weak. For real living Psychic Vampires, energy feeding is not a choice.

Actually this is true for any entity that feeds on any type of energy... the incubus MUST feed on Pranic energy through sex, the Psychic Vampire MUST feed on energy in the way that they feed. Faeries MUST feed on moonlight, stardust, and the mist above the grass. All things feed. All things must eat to live. The difference in catagory is simply what they eat.
I know some entities who consider my eating flesh to be barbaric. Flesh of a carrot, flesh of a cow.. doesn't matter, it's repulsive to them. lol The fact that I must sustain my physical body in this way, irregardless of my spiritual body's needs, does not change their feelings about what I have to do to maintain it. They think I should just stick to sex and starlight. lol

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Lycan
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels, Gargoyles
If I could be anything, I would be...: sleeping