acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

Princess:LadyRedStar wrote:I am not directing this to any ONE individual, but, yes, this is a very weird thread. And I to can't help but hear alarm bells! It could be just the wording saj1985 used, but intentional or not it threw up red flags for me.

There are a few people I have meet online that I would love to meet, but I have known them for a few years online and talked with them extensively and got to know them. It could easily be highly dangerous physically for especially a woman to rush out to meet a man or another woman when they have no idea anything about them. I believe Magnolia may have warned against this before a long way back.

When one sees potential for a friend of acquaintance online to be walking into trouble, they really should warn them. And at the moment on here, unless you have their email addy the only way is through the thread itself. That is what I see happening here and a good thing to do.

By all means ask questions. All questions are welcomed. But people, please don't set yourselves up or walk into a potentially dangerous situation. For all we know saj1985 is completely honest and naive and wants to learn but could also be potentially dangerous meet for him/her as well. Get to know people first.
EXACTLY! And I'm not shouting I am just delighted how eloquently Lady Red Star addressed this. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

AltarCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons/Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
Zodiac:

Honestly.... in the OP I don't see anything to set off alarms... :/

I do see a lot of people not taking into consideration that this person may just be COMPLETELY new to spirit keeping and may not understand the dynamics of people touching other spirited vessels.

He may also be skeptical. It took me a week of conversing with smoeone through email before I made the decision to get a djinn. I didn't want to fork out $30 only to realize that 'nothings happening' (Which is a lot of money to some people and yes it was from CH- there was an error in the system and I had to spend over 25$ to get free shipping or pay $15 for express) because I, too believed that spirits were an instant manifestation type of thing.

Do I see some responses that could have been toned down? You bet.
Do I think people meant to be so harsh? No.

~*Dua Anpu*~
My Tarot/Conjure Reviews: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39614
Conjurer/Witch/Tarot Reader of: Treeleafe Tarot | AltarCat Emporium | The Crystal Moon
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

AngelDust wrote:Same story, different day. Hahaha.

OP what do you mean by seeing it in person? You want to meet up with someone in London? Meta collectors are generally private and paranoid. LOL. But there are offline sellers. You might want to join groups, befriend a muslim person and ask about it. They are pretty open about it. And it might lead you to an offline conjurer. Online is better because you can at least see a review. As I
hear even within offline communities there are fakes.

You probably won't feel anything when you touch the ring in the day time, unless the ring was meant for you and you are expecting a feeling. It's a glowing sensation. Like the feeling of the smoke from dry ice in water, but not as wet or cold. Usually after some time lighting candles and bonding with it, just telling it you believe, it will do stuff like touch you, give you an unusal sensation like a pressence of wind with intelligence. Try not to goof around and just be in the moment and depending on the power, don't freak out.

*putting on kevlar helmet and camouflage, face paint and bullet proof vest, ducking under radar to the tune of mission impossible*

You said you probably wouldn't feel anything in the daytime, if you get a chance could you please elaborate on this for me? And is this the same for all spirits or just djinn?

*ducking and rolling back to safe distance in the bushes* :lol:

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote:
AngelDust wrote:Same story, different day. Hahaha.

OP what do you mean by seeing it in person? You want to meet up with someone in London? Meta collectors are generally private and paranoid. LOL. But there are offline sellers. You might want to join groups, befriend a muslim person and ask about it. They are pretty open about it. And it might lead you to an offline conjurer. Online is better because you can at least see a review. As I
hear even within offline communities there are fakes.

You probably won't feel anything when you touch the ring in the day time, unless the ring was meant for you and you are expecting a feeling. It's a glowing sensation. Like the feeling of the smoke from dry ice in water, but not as wet or cold. Usually after some time lighting candles and bonding with it, just telling it you believe, it will do stuff like touch you, give you an unusal sensation like a pressence of wind with intelligence. Try not to goof around and just be in the moment and depending on the power, don't freak out.

*putting on kevlar helmet and camouflage, face paint and bullet proof vest, ducking under radar to the tune of mission impossible*

You said you probably wouldn't feel anything in the daytime, if you get a chance could you please elaborate on this for me? And is this the same for all spirits or just djinn?

Honestly there's no wrong way of experiencing a spirited vessel or a tried and true way that will dictate your experience touching any spirited vessel... just as an FYI.

And uh, paranoia aside, I don't think anyone here said "Hey, let's all get together and hang out offline even though I've only posted maybe five times here." Can we all just move on now? It's the internet, I'm just as guilty as the next person for misconstruing tonality in a sentence... it's good that we all recognize where we screwed up and give the newb a chance. No patroling needs to happen unless a violation of the rules takes place.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

I love you Cheese Sandwich. :lol:
It's like this, you have a lot of things competing for your attentions during the day. So it's hard to feel. Like you have the sound and feeling of the wind, traffic, keys, neighbors, so you probably won't feel anything unless you were super sensitive to begin with.

Try hearing a pin drop in rave. It's like that. So during the night time you may have more sensitivities, because all you hear is the wind rattling on the windows and wall and maybe your own breathing. So it's easier to pick out unusual sensations like say all the windows being close yet you feel a puff of wind on your face. There is always wind circulating in a room but a spirit wind is nothing like the average areodynamics occuring. You might hear a footstep not from the room next to you or your neighor. You may feel a touch like a real hand massaging your back, tension on the third eye, a vision you didn't make happen. Something grabbing your ankles, some electricity or tingling. I dunno each spirit has it's own signature move I don't know if any kind does a specific thing.

But really that's why you collect to say.....ooooh this one does this, I never felt that before.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote: *putting on kevlar helmet and camouflage, face paint and bullet proof vest, ducking under radar to the tune of mission impossible*

Fav post.

I'm not involving myself in the rest, lol.

It is what it is... if you don't like it then of course you are free to express concern, if you don't see a problem with it you are free to express that - and both stances are 100% valid as they are invalid because all of this depends 100% on perception when there is so little detail to go by.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I can see where the alarm bells would be going off!!!!!

Of course the person like was mentioned before, be completly new and not sure if he believes in spirit keeping or not!!!! However I would have asked the same questions as well, because of not knowing and having a feeling of what does he really want to know!!!!

I will say this, I will not let a person, that I know nothing about at all, to come to my own personal house and see my spirits vessel!!!! If I know this person really well, and I do mean really well, then I would have no problem!!!!

There are some people in here that I wouldn't have a problem in them coming to my house, as I have a real sense of their energy!!!!!

I like to give the benefit of a doubt, but when I feel something not quite right, then I wilkl question it!!!!!

However if he really wants to learn okay, read, search, and ask questions, then buy one if you feel you want to have one!!!!

I will also say one other thing, there are some of my spirited items that I would never let anyone esle touch, because of the nature of the spirits themselves, some do not want others to touch them or handle their vessels!!!!!

So as not to offend anyone here, I can understand the concern as I felt it myself, and asking questions was the thing to do, I feel!!!!

As for the rest, well that is up to saj1985, if saj wants to learn then he will!!!!
Read the newbie section serach, and ask questions, but not questions on meeting others as none of us know you that well, please no offense, it is just wise to be safe first!!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

AngelDust wrote:I love you Cheese Sandwich. :lol:
It's like this, you have a lot of things competing for your attentions during the day. So it's hard to feel. Like you have the sound and feeling of the wind, traffic, keys, neighbors, so you probably won't feel anything unless you were super sensitive to begin with.

Try hearing a pin drop in rave. It's like that. So during the night time you may have more sensitivities, because all you hear is the wind rattling on the windows and wall and maybe your own breathing. So it's easier to pick out unusual sensations like say all the windows being close yet you feel a puff of wind on your face. There is always wind circulating in a room but a spirit wind is nothing like the average areodynamics occuring. You might hear a footstep not from the room next to you or your neighor. You may feel a touch like a real hand massaging your back, tension on the third eye, a vision you didn't make happen. Something grabbing your ankles, some electricity or tingling. I dunno each spirit has it's own signature move I don't know if any kind does a specific thing.

But really that's why you collect to say.....ooooh this one does this, I never felt that before.
*slapping forehead* of course! Because it's quieter...duuuurrr....there i go overthinking things again lol I think I have experienced some of that, especially the footsteps part. Now I think it's just a matter of recognizing when they are communicating. And omygosh thank GOODNESS no one's grabbed me by the ankles, I'd probably wet myself and run down the street screaming haha (too many scary movies as a kid!) :scared: although I wouldn't say no to a back massage.... :lol:

Thank you for taking the time to clear that up for me:)

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
saj1985
new here
new here
You are...: new to this

hey peeps im a muslim,
a believer in the world of djinns,
i just simply asked the questions,
i didnt mean to harm or offend any one, and i apologise if i offended someone.

please can a mod close this thread, thanks.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

saj1985 wrote:hey peeps im a muslim,
a believer in the world of djinns,
i just simply asked the questions,
i didnt mean to harm or offend any one, and i apologise if i offended someone.

please can a mod close this thread, thanks.
Hi Saj,
Please don't be embarrassed someone took what you said and went in the wrong direction with it. I'm sure they are embarrassed about it as well. They are good people who just care a lot and want to make sure everyone is safe. :peace: It's a scarey world out there.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Return to “Djinn / Genie”