AROMATHERAPY- essential oils - quick remedies

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
Madie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

Since we are lucky to have this new board addition I thought I create individual topics to make it easier to post and locate information.

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

Absolutely spot on :) not sure how everyone wants to do it but I think it might be of use to list each oil and it's uses separately and herbs as well.
BUT.....I think a quick remedies is just perfect
Here's one of my favorites :

NASAL INHALER FOR SINUSES

Ingredients
Sea salt
I drop eucalyptus oil
1drop peppermint oil
1drop tea tree oil
1 drop Lavender oil

Add seasalt to a small bottle (I use the 10ml empty oil bottles) add essential oils. Shake well.inhale as needed.

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
TheFancifulFox
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 250
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mine
My magical/paranormal name...: Fox
Zodiac:

Thank you so much for posting this, Cheese! My mom actually just came down with a sinus infection.... she teaches 7th grade science :scared: I'm totally going to try to make this for her and see if it helps :thumbup: The only thing I don't happen to have is tea tree oil, but I can try to run out and get some later if it doesn't work without it.

I know in the past we've used a drop of eucalyptus oil ( I think in combination with some others, perhaps) in hot water and inhaled the steam. Works alright, but not practical if you are on the go.

The foolish hurry. The smart wait. The wise go into the garden.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote:Absolutely spot on :) not sure how everyone wants to do it but I think it might be of use to list each oil and it's uses separately and herbs as well.

Ingredients
Sea salt
I drop eucalyptus oil
1drop peppermint oil
1drop tea tree oil
1 drop Lavender oil

Add seasalt to a small bottle (I use the 10ml empty oil bottles) add essential oils. Shake well.inhale as needed.
I like that one, will remember it!!!!!!

Okay for people who have migrianes here is something that will help!!!!

Also I will mention to make sure you look at your oils, before you buy them!!!

The reson being is that the more pure they are the better, 100% pure is best!!!!!

Yes they will cost more, but in the end, you will have better results!!!!!

Okay, when you first feel the migraine coming on do this:

Lavender oil across your forehead on down to your ears, and at the back of your head where the neck meets your head. Also put some under your nose!!!

Peppermint on the back of your head and neck area, do not get peppermint any where near your eyes as it will burn!!!

Wintergreen on the back of your head and neck, if there is any swelling, it will take it down!!!! Again do not get this oil near your eyes as it will burn!!!!

I get my oils from Young's Living Oils, and they are pure oils, but yes on the pricey side!!!! They do have one that is called M-Grain, which is made for migraines and it does help and when you use it with what I stated above as it would be the last oil to use, at the temples, and on the back of your neck, if you get to it in time, it will stop a migraine, if not it time, it will ease the pain and it will not last for three days, may a day or two at most!!!!

I have used these oils for years and yes they do work!!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

TheFancifulFox wrote:Thank you so much for posting this, Cheese! My mom actually just came down with a sinus infection.... she teaches 7th grade science :scared: I'm totally going to try to make this for her and see if it helps :thumbup: The only thing I don't happen to have is tea tree oil, but I can try to run out and get some later if it doesn't work without it.

I know in the past we've used a drop of eucalyptus oil ( I think in combination with some others, perhaps) in hot water and inhaled the steam. Works alright, but not practical if you are on the go.
I would highly suggest getting the tea tree.it's antifungal, antimicrobial, and antiseptic. That said, if you can't get it, I would add an extra drop of the lavender, as I've seen it beat the tar out of sinus infections. She can also put one drop on her finger and swipe it acrosseither side of her nose. Normally I don't advocate the use of oils undiluted, but I find lavender is safe. I've used this method on my kids and it works a treat. Hope this helps :)

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
TheFancifulFox
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 250
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mine
My magical/paranormal name...: Fox
Zodiac:

Cheese Sandwitch wrote: I would highly suggest getting the tea tree.it's antifungal, antimicrobial, and antiseptic. That said, if you can't get it, I would add an extra drop of the lavender, as I've seen it beat the tar out of sinus infections. She can also put one drop on her finger and swipe it acrosseither side of her nose. Normally I don't advocate the use of oils undiluted, but I find lavender is safe. I've used this method on my kids and it works a treat. Hope this helps :)
Thanks! :thumbup: I know tea tree has a lot of benefits, but never considered using lavender on the nose. I made a bit, will add tea tree later when I run out to get some, and added a tab bit of food dye to it. This is purely so she can take it to school and not have to worry about one of the "little angels" accusing her of bringing drugs :/ (I've seen some of her classes and had to tell them off for the way they spoke to her :irked:)

The foolish hurry. The smart wait. The wise go into the garden.

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

Especially in the winter, I like to boil water with a few drops of essential oils. The warm steam scents the house without the chemical smoke of incense and makes the air more pleasant to breathe. Here are a few of my favorite combinations, depending upon the energy I want to permeate my home.

Calming:
Lavender and chamomile are a really pleasant combination, tip in a wee bit of vanilla for sweetness or sage cleansing.

Cleaninsing/Clearing:
Rosemary and Cypress are my personal favorites. A few drops of tea tree can be added for an astringent boost.

Happy Home:
Cinnamon, Clove, Nutmeg. Ginger (just a drop or two) can be addeed for heat/spice. Add vanilla for sweetness. The happy home blend is espcially nice when you want to make guests feel relaxed.

Start with a small - medium pot of salted water. Bring to a low simmer. Start with 1 - 3 drops and adjust to your preference.

LilyJadeSphynx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Skinwalker
My magical/paranormal name...: Lily Jade Sphynx
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:
Cheese Sandwitch wrote:Absolutely spot on :) not sure how everyone wants to do it but I think it might be of use to list each oil and it's uses separately and herbs as well.

Ingredients
Sea salt
I drop eucalyptus oil
1drop peppermint oil
1drop tea tree oil
1 drop Lavender oil

The reson being is that the more pure they are the better, 100% pure is best!!!!!

Lavender oil across your forehead on down to your ears, and at the back of your head where the neck meets your head. Also put some under your nose!!!

Peppermint on the back of your head and neck area, do not get peppermint any where near your eyes as it will burn!!!

Wintergreen on the back of your head and neck, if there is any swelling, it will take it down!!!! Again do not get this oil near your eyes as it will burn!!!!

I get my oils from Young's Living Oils, and they are pure oils, but yes on the pricey side!!!! They do have one that is called M-Grain, which is made for migraines and it does help and when you use it with what I stated above as it would be the last oil to use, at the temples, and on the back of your neck, if you get to it in time, it will stop a migraine, if not it time, it will ease the pain and it will not last for three days, may a day or two at most!!!!

You can also soak your feet in hot water, the blood will leave your head and travel to your feet. (At least that is what my doc told me to do...)

'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

LilyJadeSphynx wrote:
starfire wrote:

Ingredients
Sea salt
I drop eucalyptus oil
1drop peppermint oil
1drop tea tree oil
1 drop Lavender oil

You can also soak your feet in hot water, the blood will leave your head and travel to your feet. (At least that is what my doc told me to do...)
Hey I will try that didn't happen to think about that, sometimes I will just soak in a hot bathtub, with some lavender in it and that is just soooooo....soothing!!!!! :D

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

REMEDIES FOR ATHLETES FOOT

1/2 cup Cornstarch
30-60 drops of tea tree oil

Very simply, add the tea tree oil to the cornstarch and mix it up. Place into an airtight container (one of those plastic tubs with lid is ideal) . Sprinkle into socks daily.

Another good way to combat athlete's foot though it sounds odd and is smelly- crushed raw garlic. I've used my hb as a guinea Pig On this before. Crush two cloves of garlic, spread on affected area. I then put plastic sandwich bags over his feet then put on socks.
Wait for a few hours ( I found this worked best in the evening while watching tv) then wash off. After a few days doing this , it was cleared.

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”