Weird and Wonderful Home Remedies?

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

I was just wondering if anyone had any home remedies to share?

I remember swimming at a friend's house (she lived on a river, pier at the back of her house) and getting stung by jellyfish. She ran inside, grabbed a spice bottle and said "Here. Rub this on your legs quickly!" I did as I was told and soon the sting started to fade. I looked at the bottle in my hand: Meat Tenderizer.

I grew up in Texas. One problem I ran into as a kid was chiggers. To Kill them off, through probably not the most sensible way, I painted the area with clear finger nail polish. It really worked!

My mom told me of a way to get rid of heartburn/ acid indigestion oncewhen we had nothing over-the-counter at home : 1/4 tsp baking soda mixed into about an inch of water in a juice glass. Not a method you want to use allthe time,but works incredibly well for one offs until you can get to a store!
Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

apple cider vinegar is one of my new favourite cure all.
it does so many wonderful things lol.
helps with reflux,i drink it when i have a throat infection and the pain is gone amazingly fast....it does so many wonderful things. i have a tbsp a day to help keep me as healthy as i am going to get...
When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Vick's vapo rub on the bottom of your feet then a good pair of socks to help the coughs get down so you can sleep through the night.

Soaking white raisins in a bottle of bourbon and then eating six a night to help with arthritis. (my mother swore by this..didn't know if it actually helped or she just got a buzz and didn't notice the pain for a bit. )

Skim milk for sunburns.
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

1) A mix of a big spoonful of turkish coffee (not prepared to be drunk, just the powder) mixed with lemon juice to help with diarrhea.
2) Rub your feel with pure alcohol and then wear a good pair of socks and get under the blanket to eliminate belly pains when you got a cold.
3) Rosehip tea to cure hemorrhoids (I haven't tried this cause I don't have such a problem but a friend of my father's says it nearly totally cured him and his condition was really bad).
4) Honey or toothpaste on burns to help with healing.
5) Toothpaste for zits to go away.
6) A mix of honey and cinnamon for a few days to cure colds.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.
Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Garlic is a natural antibiotic that viruses and other nasties can't become immune to.
Raw bacon fat or raw potato peels work wonders for spider bites, including the dreaded brown recluse bite.
Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

I think there is a tea for almost everything.... :inlove:
Chamomile and spearmint tea works wonders for upset stomach... :star:
a shot of ginger extract (from a juicer) or ginger tea is great for digestion,
Goji Berry tea is a great "pick me up", (Chai tea is good, too for this)
Tea of fennel seed, licorice root, cinnamon bark, red clover, cardamon seed, ginger root add some orange peel for flavor makes a good detox....
I love tea :heart:
Blessing,
M. :star:
"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

Chewing up plantain weed (or using plantain salve) and applying it to spider bites and other insect bites helps alleviate flare ups and speeds healing. 85% of our yard is plantain weed. I could hook you ALL up! :lol:

I have heard of people applying it to where they had a recluse bite and it helped prevent the flesh rot.
Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I second apple cider vinegar, but it's highly acidic so try not to drink it straight. Dilute it 1-3 with water.. taste is a little nasty but it's a metabolic boost, and prime in maintaining great skin. You can also apply it directly to rashes and they fade rather quickly..

For sore throat or cough, mix honey and lemon with warm water.. it's awesome. It works to extremes as well.. was so ill I was losing my voice, took this and instant healing.

Ginger or peppermint for upset stomach.

Cake for delight..

:mrgreen:
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Thank you Noc for bringing up apple cider vinegar!! :dancing:

Apple cider vinegar never goes out of fashion!

Apple cider vinegar is an indispensable aid in diabetes. Even with high cholesterol levels apple cider vinegar intervenes in regulating these. It also activates the digestive system and the apple cider vinegar helps much to loose weight.

The apple cider vinegar helps in digestion first and foremost by stimulating the production of digestive juices and even improves digestion. Marinate for example some food - whether meat or vegetables - with a cider vinegar - oil and herb marinade , then the court is much more tender and digestible .

Especially the digestion of fats and carbohydrates is enhanced by apple cider vinegar - which is why the apple cider vinegar on numerous slimming diets and detox programs should lead to a so-called fat burner rapid melt away process of the extra pounds.

Frequent high blood sugar levels often also lead to chronic high insulin . A high insulin level inhibits downright the breakdown of fatty tissue. Once excessively high insulin levels will regain the norm, the excess fat can finally melt again .

Apple cider vinegar protects not only the vegetables from spoilage but also those who drink it . So the apple cider vinegar is not only preventative - it can protect against food poisoning and parasites but also show striking effect on bladder infections .

So it is worth clearly to integrate apple cider vinegar as a diligent helper not only in the next detox, but to enjoy it every day as an activating morning draft with many positive health supporting effects.

Apple cider vinegar should be used in the form of natural and unheated . Then it is enzymatically highly active and a living product containing the mentioned numerous health benefits. In the contrast filtered apple cider vinegar - which is already available in a large number is robbed of its valuable ingredients - if pasteurized, so heated, its enormous potential action has long been lost - even if it claims " apple cider vinegar " on the label . Consequently, when buying apple cider vinegar buy the right quality !

- Apple cider vinegar should of course not consist of a mixture of concentrated juice and cheap vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar should come from organic apples grown in your region .
- Apple cider vinegar should not be pasteurized. Only unpasteurized apple cider vinegar provides you with the desired active enzymes.
- Apple cider vinegar should not be filtered, so its naturally cloudy. The sometimes unattractive acting sediments or suspended threads in unfiltered apple cider vinegar were provided by the mother of vinegar. It is a collection of acetic acid bacteria , minerals, nutrients and enzymes.

Apple cider vinegar drink - A recipe

Take a good glass of spring water or filtered tap water (250 ml) and give an unfiltered unpasteurized to two teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar into it. You drink it in the morning on an empty stomach. After 15 minutes breakfast follows. People who would rather have it to be sweet , - traditionally - put half a teaspoon of honey in it. Alternatively agave syrup.

You can drink apple cider vinegar 15 minutes before addition of course also all other main meals of the day.
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

My favorite clear all from my grandmother take a coffee mug fill 3/4 of the way with hot water add 2 tbsp of cider vinegar a pinch of minced garlic and honey to taste. This will clear your sinuses and rid you of phlegm.

Another use of vinegar soak a paper towel in vinegar and place over callouses on your feet for about 15 minutes or so. It will soften the callouses allowing you to remove them safely with out damaging your feet.

And one last use I hate it but it works quite well for sunburn, wet a paper towel with cider vinegar and rub over the sunburn, it stings like hell but after the sunburn will not hurt.
All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”