THE R.M.S.TITANIC

Do you know of a charity that needs help?
LilyJadeSphynx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Skinwalker
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lily Jade Sphynx
Zodiac:

Count me it, I will be back to post on the anniversary.

'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Midnight Healing Garden
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I just picked up the National Geographic with Titanic on the cover. The artical is good. I plan to light a candle on April 14th, and let it burn until 2:20am the 15th.

Spiritual_Student
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

CaiyrosArlenLeStrang wrote: I am suggesting that at that period of April 14th & 15th, that everyone on this thread post a 2 sentence statement (or more), a meditation, prayer, or poem. If we all did this - each in our own way - I believe it would be an amazing and earth-shaking experience..
You can count me in as well!

Also, this is relevant to the Titanic which is about a Jesuit by the name of Francis Brown who survived because he was told to get off the ship before it happened:

"Browne travelled to Southampton via Liverpool and London, boarding the Titanic on the afternoon of April 10, 1912 in the company of the Lenox-Coyningham and Odell families. He was booked in cabin no. A24 on the Promenade Deck. Browne took dozens of photographs of life aboard Titanic on that day and the next morning; he shot pictures of the gymnasium, the Marconi room, the first-class dining saloon, his own cabin, and of passengers enjoying walks on the Promenade and Boat decks. He also captured the last known images of many crew and passengers, including Captain Edward J. Smith, gymnasium manager T.W. McCawley, engineer William Parr, Major Archibald Butt, and numerous third-class passengers whose names are unknown.

During his voyage on the Titanic, Browne was befriended by an American millionaire couple who were seated at his table in the liner's first-class dining saloon. They offered to pay his way to New York and back in return for Browne spending the voyage to New York in their company. Browne telegraphed his superior requesting permission, but the reply was an unambiguous "GET OFF THAT SHIP - PROVINCIAL". By a quirk of fate, the denial probably saved his life; as few men in first class survived the sinking.

Browne left the Titanic and returned to Dublin to continue his theological studies. When the news of the ship's sinking reached him, he realized that his photos would be of great interest, and he negotiated their sale to various newspapers and news cartels. They appeared in publications around the world. Browne retained the negatives.

Although his photographs have been described as the Titanic Album of Father Browne and books about the photographs have been published in many languages which describe Browne as a priest, Browne had not yet been ordained at the time he photographed the Titanic."

Citation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Browne

Some of the pictures he took -

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pictur ... 797?page=1

-SS

P.S. I'm glad you made it out alive from that accident.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Spiritual_Student wrote:
CaiyrosArlenLeStrang wrote: I am suggesting that at that period of April 14th & 15th, that everyone on this thread post a 2 sentence statement (or more), a meditation, prayer, or poem. If we all did this - each in our own way - I believe it would be an amazing and earth-shaking experience..

Also, this is relevant to the Titanic which is about a Jesuit by the name of Francis Brown who survived because he was told to get off the ship before it happened:

"Browne travelled to Southampton via Liverpool and London, boarding the Titanic on the afternoon of April 10, 1912 in the company of the Lenox-Coyningham and Odell families. He was booked in cabin no. A24 on the Promenade Deck. Browne took dozens of photographs of life aboard Titanic on that day and the next morning; he shot pictures of the gymnasium, the Marconi room, the first-class dining saloon, his own cabin, and of passengers enjoying walks on the Promenade and Boat decks. He also captured the last known images of many crew and passengers, including Captain Edward J. Smith, gymnasium manager T.W. McCawley, engineer William Parr, Major Archibald Butt, and numerous third-class passengers whose names are unknown.

During his voyage on the Titanic, Browne was befriended by an American millionaire couple who were seated at his table in the liner's first-class dining saloon. They offered to pay his way to New York and back in return for Browne spending the voyage to New York in their company. Browne telegraphed his superior requesting permission, but the reply was an unambiguous "GET OFF THAT SHIP - PROVINCIAL". By a quirk of fate, the denial probably saved his life; as few men in first class survived the sinking.

Browne left the Titanic and returned to Dublin to continue his theological studies. When the news of the ship's sinking reached him, he realized that his photos would be of great interest, and he negotiated their sale to various newspapers and news cartels. They appeared in publications around the world. Browne retained the negatives.

Although his photographs have been described as the Titanic Album of Father Browne and books about the photographs have been published in many languages which describe Browne as a priest, Browne had not yet been ordained at the time he photographed the Titanic."

-SS

Absolutely amazing and fascinating. A good photographer as well. I knew nothing about this until seeing this post. Thank you so much, C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Midnight Healing Garden
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Spiritual_Student wrote:

-SS

I used to have a book of Father Brown's pictures that I received as a gift in the late 90's while I was in Chicago. It has since gone missing, but I am going to check with the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge to see if they are now carrying it.

I have to book about Polar the Titanic Bear and it has the picture of the little boy playing with the top in it. He was the only child ever photographed in the Titanic. :D

Spiritual_Student
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

CaiyrosArlenLeStrang wrote:
Absolutely amazing and fascinating. A good photographer as well. I knew nothing about this until seeing this post. Thank you so much, C-
Your welcome! :)

I just remembered from my reseasrch of the vatican/jesuits from conspiracies revovling them which were interesting.
mcslade1 wrote: I used to have a book of Father Brown's pictures that I received as a gift in the late 90's while I was in Chicago. It has since gone missing, but I am going to check with the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge to see if they are now carrying it.

I have to book about Polar the Titanic Bear and it has the picture of the little boy playing with the top in it. He was the only child ever photographed in the Titanic. :D
Do you remember the name of the book or did you have a chance to see it in the musem in Pigeon Forge? I'm interested in this as well...

Oh and I found something that is relevant to this subject as well...New CGI of how the Titanic sunk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSGeskFzE0s

Midnight Healing Garden
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I actually got to see the museum, and I bought the book and bear set. :-)

Madie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

Just bumping this thread in case there are members that haven't seen it yet and wish to take part.

:candle:

::bump::

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

LilyStarCross wrote:Just bumping this thread in case there are members that haven't seen it yet and wish to take part.

:candle:

::bump::

Another Bump on the thread........
C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Midnight Healing Garden
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Spiritual_Student wrote:
CaiyrosArlenLeStrang wrote:
Your welcome! :)

I just remembered from my reseasrch of the vatican/jesuits from conspiracies revovling them which were interesting.
mcslade1 wrote: I used to have a book of Father Brown's pictures that I received as a gift in the late 90's while I was in Chicago. It has since gone missing, but I am going to check with the Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge to see if they are now carrying it.

Do you remember the name of the book or did you have a chance to see it in the musem in Pigeon Forge? I'm interested in this as well...

Oh and I found something that is relevant to this subject as well...New CGI of how the Titanic sunk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSGeskFzE0s

Here is the Amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Days-Tit ... 635&sr=1-3

Here is an interesting book. Violet Jessop served on Titanic, Britannic, Olympic, and Lusitania. She survived all three sinkings and the Olympic's two accidents.

http://www.amazon.com/Titanic-Survivor- ... -rd_dp_img

Return to “Charities & Causes”