Andy89
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: no fave so far!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Were-Bear
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: A. D. Valentine
Zodiac:

Bump? Would love to hear more on this.

My path has never been walked, my life is endless of opportunities.

Spirits: Werewolf, Familiar, 10 Zombies, Psy Vamp
Entity: Boobrie.

Spelled objects: Quite a few!
WhiteLight
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 3
If I could be anything, I would be...: All things at once.
My magical/paranormal name...: White Light
Zodiac:

Humans are eternal Spiritual Beings and will all receive eternal life, like it or not. You are only using your body or container for a brief experience on earth. The Spirit world (your real home) is like a lucid dream and a hundred times better than earth life. Earth is a prison planet and nobody in their right mind would or should want to live there for a lengthy period of time.

Love and Light
Namaste

Netheran
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Netheran

I was reading the Nakia story and looking at how it seems most immortals have no issue dealing out extremely cruel punishments that it actually makes me want to return the portals and bindings I have of them. I just feel like I could not in good conscience entrust my spirit and soul to beings who would do such terrible things.

Andy89
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I understand where everybody is coming from, but I still don't believe it is completely a curse.

In no way, am I belittling anyone's opinion, since this is just my own opinion. Honestly, I don't feel tied down in this life, nor do I really have those moments to where it's so much on my soul to be here on this plane of existence.

To me, I still have a lot to learn about living, about how to make good and moral decisions, a lot to learn about love, hate, greed, hunger, etc. Yes, I could learn all of this in another life, but what exactly is wrong with the one I'm living now? Why exactly would I want to experience death when I still have plenty of other things that have yet to be added to my pallet?

1 lifetime isn't near enough to learn everything I want to learn, and some things I can get a deeper understanding of if I have learned more about it before, and can remember it. But that's just one man's opinion.

I guess what sums this up is... :

If I could get it to where I just lived and learned, it wouldn't be so bad, maybe like a condition to where only unnatural causes could break the immortality, like Longevity, as has been discussed.

But, who knows.

Andy89
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Bump? ^£^

Clockwick Jeeves
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, Dark Lords
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

A fascinating discussion.

“One sticks to an opinion because he prides himself on having come to it on his own, and another because he has taken great pains to learn it and is proud to have grasped it: and so both do so out of vanity.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Andy89
new here
new here
Zodiac:

:U
I completely agree!

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

To me, I still have a lot to learn about living, about how to make good and moral decisions, a lot to learn about love, hate, greed, hunger, etc. Yes, I could learn all of this in another life, but what exactly is wrong with the one I'm living now? Why exactly would I want to experience death when I still have plenty of other things that have yet to be added to my pallet?

1 lifetime isn't near enough to learn everything I want to learn, and some things I can get a deeper understanding of if I have learned more about it before, and can remember it. But that's just one man's opinion.

I guess what sums this up is... :

If I could get it to where I just lived and learned, it wouldn't be so bad, maybe like a condition to where only unnatural causes could break the immortality, like Longevity, as has been discussed.

But, who knows.
I HEAR YA, BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'VE BEEN ALIVE 1,000 YEARS & YOU ARE SO MIND-NUMBINGLY BORED BECAUSE HUMANS REALLY DON'T CHANGE MUCH & HISTORY JUST REPEATS ITSELF N SPITE OF EVERYONE & EVERYTHING. YOU'D GO THROUGH A PERIOD OF EXCITMENT, THEN BEING SICK OF IT ALL, TO BEING ANGRY, TO FINALLY JUST BEING NUMB.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Ferocious Harmony wrote:My question would be about the mechanics behind immortality, but I feel like that's not really a simple question :P

How does something like this get bestowed?

What type of conditions could there be for immortality?

This is extremely interesting to me. Thanks for bringing this up.

Do go on! :D
I believed immortality was bestowed upon me. Because while I was bending reality in the astral state and heard it. I wasn't given any conditions so I cannot tell if it is a curse or blessing. Nor am I going to stand in front of a moving car to find out. I still get short colds and indigestion and the occasional break out. LOL. I still watch my diet and exercise because the physical body does still abide by physical laws. Why be a fat immortal when you can be a hot one? LOL. But generally healthy than most. I look younger than my youngest sibling who is 11 years younger than me.

I believe if you are immortal, your body isn't. I honestly don't want to commit to this look for the rest of my life as I prefer to be like a chameleon. And since you can control your environment to an extent, why not create a reality where murderers don't find you and the law doesn't hassle you? I recall the story about witches of salem. I mean if they were good witches, why did they get killed? As an immortal you can create an environment where danger never finds you if you want. Prevention is key to longevity. Sucks to be a one armed immortal.

There was one of 4 ways it could have came to me.

1: I started intuitively knowing I could call on the rain. At first it was a fun trick. But then a yearning grew inside of me to help the town and it grew to state. I suppose there is a mechanism that rewards you for using your magic to help others without asking for anything in return. Because it is the right thing to do. If you can do this, it proves you can become benevolent God, if you're not already. Gods don't get a pay check. Nor do they get rewards. They just do what they do to keep things right or in balance to continue creation.

2. Someone put a death curse on me, but was intercepted because someone felt it was wrong. So another reason to be blessed/cursed with immortality.

3. I had a past life with someone who felt guilty for getting me killed who later became a vampire and then spirit and bestowed it upon me as protection or payback.

4. I accidentally stumbled upon an ancient rite, where I visualized my sacral chakra blue energy until it exploded filling my body with blue light because I was engaging with the vampire.

So am I really an immortal or someone with a vivid imagination? Who knows. I certainly didn't ask for it. These things happen. Just keep an open mind. I suppose if I still look like I am 25 when I am 50, you all should be suspicious. RIght now I'm 37 but look (maybe exaggerated) 19-25.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

ash-mda wrote: I HEAR YA, BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'VE BEEN ALIVE 1,000 YEARS & YOU ARE SO MIND-NUMBINGLY BORED BECAUSE HUMANS REALLY DON'T CHANGE MUCH & HISTORY JUST REPEATS ITSELF N SPITE OF EVERYONE & EVERYTHING. YOU'D GO THROUGH A PERIOD OF EXCITMENT, THEN BEING SICK OF IT ALL, TO BEING ANGRY, TO FINALLY JUST BEING NUMB.
You could still astral project, obe and travel the universe, couldn't you? Or is every immortal bound to his body unable to leave it? How would long lived beings survive if what you said is the case, they would become bored and numb too, right? :U

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh

Return to “Magnolia”