venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

You could still astral project, obe and travel the universe, couldn't you? Or is every immortal bound to his body unable to leave it? How would long lived beings survive if what you said is the case, they would become bored and numb too, right?
TOTALLY DEPENDS ON THE IMMORTALITY CURSE. SOME ARE CURSED TO THE EARTH WHICH MEANS THEY AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF HERE.

IF YOU LIVED FOREVER, AS A HUMAN IMMORTAL, YOU'D BE BORED STIFF WITHIN 1,000 YEARS. IMMORTAL BEINGS WHO WERE CREATED AS IMMORTAL BEINGS ARE NOT HUMAN SO THEY DON'T HAVE THE SAME LIMITATIONS. YOU'RE NOT CURSED WITH IMMORTALITY & THEN SUDDENLY GET ALL THESE COOL, NEW POWERS. YOU'RE STUCK WITH WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU ARE THE REST OF TIME, UNTIL THEY LET YOU OUT, OR UNTIL YOU SATISFY WHATEVER CONDITIONS WERE A PART OF YOUR CURSE.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

ash-mda wrote: TOTALLY DEPENDS ON THE IMMORTALITY CURSE. SOME ARE CURSED TO THE EARTH WHICH MEANS THEY AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF HERE.

IF YOU LIVED FOREVER, AS A HUMAN IMMORTAL, YOU'D BE BORED STIFF WITHIN 1,000 YEARS. IMMORTAL BEINGS WHO WERE CREATED AS IMMORTAL BEINGS ARE NOT HUMAN SO THEY DON'T HAVE THE SAME LIMITATIONS. YOU'RE NOT CURSED WITH IMMORTALITY & THEN SUDDENLY GET ALL THESE COOL, NEW POWERS. YOU'RE STUCK WITH WHO YOU ARE & HOW YOU ARE THE REST OF TIME, UNTIL THEY LET YOU OUT, OR UNTIL YOU SATISFY WHATEVER CONDITIONS WERE A PART OF YOUR CURSE.
Yeah, it would suck if you're damned to stagnate an eternity, being unable to change and evolve, at least spiritually and mentally.
If you could still explore the astral and spiritual realms and evolve, I wouldn't mind.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Aprophis wrote:
ash-mda wrote: TOTALLY DEPENDS ON THE IMMORTALITY CURSE. SOME ARE CURSED TO THE EARTH WHICH MEANS THEY AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF HERE.

Yeah, it would suck if you're damned to stagnate an eternity, being unable to change and evolve, at least spiritually and mentally.
If you could still explore the astral and spiritual realms and evolve, I wouldn't mind.
It's a half full half empty scenario. Like the Telsas and Gates of the world would no doubt benefit humanity with the evolution of technology. Joe the bumb on the other hand would indeed be cursed to 1000 years of bumbhood. So if you are gifted/curse with human immortality, might as well make the best of it. You get to live long enough to see all the patterns and capitalize the opportunity whether for more money or influence or change.

Of course if one lived selfishly and short sighted...then that is his own curse in the making.

While it comes down to what kind of immortal, if it's the one I think I have, you can astral travel to your heart's content.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Samsara wrote: It's a half full half empty scenario. Like the Telsas and Gates of the world would no doubt benefit humanity with the evolution of technology. Joe the bumb on the other hand would indeed be cursed to 1000 years of bumbhood. So if you are gifted/curse with human immortality, might as well make the best of it. You get to live long enough to see all the patterns and capitalize the opportunity whether for more money or influence or change.

Of course if one lived selfishly and short sighted...then that is his own curse in the making.

While it comes down to what kind of immortal, if it's the one I think I have, you can astral travel to your heart's content.
While I get it that it's what you make of it, I can imagine that after thousands of years seeing things happen over and over again it turns mind numbingly predictable. As Stephen King's character in Storm of the Century said: "Hell is repetition" and combined with "Hell is other people" from Satre's No Exit, I can get how after thousands of years it may look more like suffering than anything else especially if you can't evolve or change.
It's the same with omniscience. If you know everything that will happen at any given point of time, you'll probably go insane because there's no surprise, nothing new, not ever.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess

While I get it that it's what you make of it, I can imagine that after thousands of years seeing things happen over and over again it turns mind numbingly predictable.
If you are immortal you can make things unpredictable. Look at the weather. 8Y Of course may be it is why we have wars. Isn't there a god of war? It appears he is easily bored.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I think it takes a specific mind to be able to handle immortality, and it belongs to those who already understand things faaaar beyond our mortal plane and who probably were "born" with that immortality already. Humans just don't work well with it. We're made for short but (potentially) great lives. Things may feel like they're always changing, but humanity will always do the same things with it. To enjoy immortality, I think you'd have to overcome your own humanity, but if you overcame your own humanity, you wouldn't want immortality.

And then there was a thing, but not any thing, it was a thingy thing.
~~~~~~
Azure Echo, owner of Azure's Immortal Conjures.
https://azures-immortal-conjures.fwscart.com/
Likes2Read
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:
You could still astral project, obe and travel the universe, couldn't you? Or is every immortal bound to his body unable to leave it? How would long lived beings survive if what you said is the case, they would become bored and numb too, right?
TOTALLY DEPENDS ON THE IMMORTALITY CURSE. SOME ARE CURSED TO THE EARTH WHICH MEANS THEY AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF HERE.

Here's the other problem... if you are stuck on Earth forever... what happens when the Sun runs out of fuel, goes all Red Giant and swallows up the first three or four planets? You'd darn well BETTER be able to die then, or life would really become too hideous to contemplate.

Also, the Andromeda galaxy is on a collision course with the Milky Way. The going theory is that while it's unlikely that any stars will actually hit other stars, the gravitiational craziness is likely to fling stars and planets out of their orbits. Let's say the Sun is still around and working fine when the galaxies meet up. (And pass through one another/merge -- the graphic on the Science channel was much more dramatic than I can describe). What if Earth gets flung off to kingdom come and has no more Sun? Who would want to be immortal and living on a sunless planet where no other life can exist, because everything's frozen solid? Geesh, I can't even tolerate the short Winter days without a bout of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I don't think I'd want to have NO Sun at all ever again.

And I don't think I'd want to be IN the Sun, either, should it run out of fuel before the galaxies meet up.

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.
Azure Echo
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Likes2Read wrote:
ash-mda wrote:

Here's the other problem... if you are stuck on Earth forever... what happens when the Sun runs out of fuel, goes all Red Giant and swallows up the first three or four planets? You'd darn well BETTER be able to die then, or life would really become too hideous to contemplate.

Also, the Andromeda galaxy is on a collision course with the Milky Way. The going theory is that while it's unlikely that any stars will actually hit other stars, the gravitiational craziness is likely to fling stars and planets out of their orbits. Let's say the Sun is still around and working fine when the galaxies meet up. (And pass through one another/merge -- the graphic on the Science channel was much more dramatic than I can describe). What if Earth gets flung off to kingdom come and has no more Sun? Who would want to be immortal and living on a sunless planet where no other life can exist, because everything's frozen solid? Geesh, I can't even tolerate the short Winter days without a bout of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I don't think I'd want to have NO Sun at all ever again.

And I don't think I'd want to be IN the Sun, either, should it run out of fuel before the galaxies meet up.
Or what if whoever cursed them took them to whenever the hip new life forms are evolving, but forces them to got through every step of the evolutionary process. Just imagine being the only cognizant microbe on the entire planet for a few million to a billion years. Not that a microbe could support that much energy.... suppose they could also be turned into a rock... I guess if their body is to stay intact, none of this would make sense. :P

And then there was a thing, but not any thing, it was a thingy thing.
~~~~~~
Azure Echo, owner of Azure's Immortal Conjures.
https://azures-immortal-conjures.fwscart.com/
Andy89
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: no fave so far!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Were-Bear
My magical/paranormal name...: A. D. Valentine
Zodiac:

These reasons are why I like the idea of an exit clause. Ended with an unnatural death. Which, can be a number of things, sadly most of them aren't very pretty.

I know I romanticize the idea a lot. And the past has shown that people don't change very much at all. But just over the course of the last 100 years, we have gone from horses to motors, from motors to wings, wings to propellers, propellers to hovercraft.

Imagine what all we could do within the next hundred years. I want to see it with my eyes. I want to see from a point of view that lived in the time where we went from having land-lines to cell phones that you can barely push the buttons because they're so small.

Of course, great civilizations are doomed to fall, as always. What comes after that?

I like the thought of seeing advances in technology. Even if it means seeing that people don't change.

The likelihood that I find a way to become Immortal mortal with longevity is slim/none. But from the way it looks, no immortal mortal has gotten so bored as to destroy the world yet, for it is still here. And it has been here for many years.

My path has never been walked, my life is endless of opportunities.

Spirits: Werewolf, Familiar, 10 Zombies, Psy Vamp
Entity: Boobrie.

Spelled objects: Quite a few!
Netheran
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: incubus
My magical/paranormal name...: Netheran

On the point of boredom setting in. You live a thousand years and then boredom, anger and numbness set in. That seems reasonable to assume, I am bored with life already after only 30 years!

The question is though, how do we escape this when we die and exist in the afterlife? After 1000 years, maybe more, how do we cope? What will change with our mental states when we are spirits that will allow us to avoid this same problem? Maybe nothing changes........

Return to “Magnolia”