ADVERTISING ON CH? TACKY? NOT TACKY? HELPFUL AT ALL?

Seller Advertising Banners on CH? Tacky, Not Tacky?

Sure, why not
22%
Doesn't matter to me either way
20%
No way, tacky
57%

Total votes: 54
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

As you already know we strive to give any seller or metaphysical site exposure by having the Seller Announcements area, promotion on the forum, the Marketplace, etc. However, we've been getting an unexpected amount of requests for banner advertisements and other advertisement outlets on the site.

Until now we've never had any sort of advertisements on the site, we've always been ad-free, for several reasons. It's not that we are opposed to the idea, it would have to implemented in the right way if we were going to do it.

Since I consider this site as community unto us all, I wanted to ask you guys since you would be the ones being advertised to, what you think about it?

Please feel free to post comments & suggestions, and please respond to the poll (it's anonymous, we won't know your vote ;) )

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

To me doesn't matter..As long as my computer can handle the ads..meh why not :silly:

EDIT: muahaha first comment :D

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
1ncredible
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

creepyhollows wrote:As you already know we strive to give any seller or metaphysical site exposure by having the Seller Announcements area, promotion on the forum, the Marketplace, etc. However, we've been getting an unexpected amount of requests for banner advertisements and other advertisement outlets on the site.

Until now we've never had any sort of advertisements on the site, we've always been ad-free, for several reasons. It's not that we are opposed to the idea, it would have to implemented in the right way if we were going to do it.

Since I consider this site as community unto us all, I wanted to ask you guys since you would be the ones being advertised to, what you think about it?

Please feel free to post comments & suggestions, and please respond to the poll (it's anonymous, we won't know your vote ;) )

Hi Magnolia,
I would rather purchase from any sellers that you and Ash recommend personally.

“One is only limited by one's imagination!!!”

“One should not dismiss anything without studying the subject profoundly!!!”
(1nfinite)
Midnight Healing Garden
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I research my sellers, and if you guys give Kudos all the better. I also go on the recommendations of the other members on the board.

TheWatcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
My magical/paranormal name...: Do i need one ?

Would prefer metaphysical or artifact selling seller or at least sellers with we can relate (and people would be interested)
Or steampunk or you get the picture =p
Sellers that are aproved by you or

OR make a page with banners of people who want to come and you aprove or not =p(with not saying that you neither parove nor disaprove)

Frankly tho i can see how it could spell trouble for non trustworthy ads =p or something
But hey its your choise either way so i cnat say what to do
Only voice opinion and list cons pros(leaving those to someone else =p)

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000

Eh, that brings up a good point, and that is why IF we did do it, there would have to be a nominal fee charged so it can't be said we are giving out preferential treatment. Any advertiser would have to be on a level playing field; the same criteria for everyone.

Ash & I, in no way, shape, or form, desire to get involved in the arena of collective, public thought that if we put our "seal" on someone because they're on our site it means we are giving them any kind of guarantee, acknowledgement of service, or other implied nod. That flawed thinking is why I had to post the "Verification" post a few days ago. We are responsible for our own work, and we can't make any kind of guarantee or promise that the people who advertise on here are anything other than also involved in the paranormal community.

Anyone who advertises would be doing so because they are doing so of their own device to reach you guys to advertise their wares, services, sites, etc.

I value all of your opinions because they aren't wanting to advertise to us, they are wanting to advertise to all of you. Ash & I aren't their target audience :lol:

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
TheWatcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
My magical/paranormal name...: Do i need one ?

creepyhollows wrote:Eh, that brings up a good point, and that is why IF we did do it, there would have to be a nominal fee charged so it can't be said we are giving out preferential treatment. Any advertiser would have to be on a level playing field; the same criteria for everyone.

Ash & I, in no way, shape, or form, desire to get involved in the arena of collective, public thought that if we put our "seal" on someone because they're on our site it means we are giving them any kind of guarantee, acknowledgement of service, or other implied nod. That flawed thinking is why I had to post the "Verification" post a few days ago. We are responsible for our own work, and we can't make any kind of guarantee or promise that the people who advertise on here are anything other than also involved in the paranormal community.

Anyone who advertises would be doing so because they are doing so of their own device to reach you guys to advertise their wares, services, sites, etc.
Okay dokey
Then il say it (baaaneeerr page =p (and maybe jsut maybe categories in it)
Less space will propably be needed and less messier than needing flash and what not to see it (or get weird spamming sites )
Unless it will target specirfic interests of the audience i say nayyy to having adverts on the forum (still say yayy on the banner list tho =p)

creepyhollows wrote: I value all of your opinions because they aren't wanting to advertise to us, they are wanting to advertise to all of you. Ash & I aren't their target audience :lol:
LMAO :lol:

THo it all seems like trouble and you already got much in yourh and somebody says to me =p so instead focus one thing at a time finished XD (giving advice to those older wiser and smarter(maybeh) than me=priceless)

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I have one question though, the adds wouldn't be in the forum itself would it?

I can see adds on the main page, but to me it would be a distraction, if the adds were in the forum itself!!!! Not to mention about putting a hard time on a already old computer!!!! Just wondering is all, for you guys will have to do what you feel best since this is your site!!!! :thumbup:

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

isn't it enough that we are bombarded with advertisements EVERYWHERE? i remember going to the movies BEFORE they allowed other companies to sell their cars, toothpaste, etc. it now has come to a point that i record all of my shows just so i can avoid this overload of advertisement bs. its the reason i leave my house 5 minutes before the show starts so i can enjoy the movie. if i want to buy something from someone i'll buy it. but i really don't need them telling me that they sell it. i can figure that out all on my own by going to the seller announcements. and like someone stated is this going to slow down run time on my comp because of this person's sparkly 1000 pixel ad?

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

I voted "no way, tacky".

I'm picturing pop-up ads. No one ever pays attention to banners on the internet... most people practice selective attention on the net since we're inundated with ads.

I think most ads are tacky.

Not to mention, despite your post about you and Ash not endorsing sellers on here, people will still see banners on the site and think CH somehow endorses those businesses...

Return to “Messages & Updates”