new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I was sleeping one night a few months back when i "wake up" (honestly i do not know if i was awake or dreaming it was very real) I see this thing. It was about 7ft tall had white eyes and had these three long (prob. About a foot) finger like or claw like hands. I was not afraid at the beginning but when the entity noticed i saw him.......oooooh boyyy. :ohcrap: It like got me with some kind of energy that like brought fear out of my heart and paralyzed me. So the only option i had then was telling it to leave and when i said it my voice and vocal chords had a li thum-like vibration about it. The shadow persons eyes then turned red a mouth opened up that had fangs that looked like the aliens from the movie alien and it had a shriek similar to that also, maybe a banshee (ive never heard one those). Well it showed its teeth shrieked (that made my spine shiver) then dissipated into the wall..... ::jawdrop:: . I googled it and i found out its a common occurance.....

So does anyone have any input or anything on these Shadow folk???? I have not seen my "friend" since. :fingercross:

Long days and pleasant nights
Eleyne
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 13
If I could be anything, I would be...: Psi Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Eleyne
Zodiac:

I have no clue but your description sent sivers down my spine. Hopefully someone here can help you with answers.

Eleyne

Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Were you experiencing sleep paralysis at the time?

ImageImageImageImageImage
defiantway
new here
new here
Zodiac:

yes ruby i was, I was unable to move in the slightest very freaky... i am surprised i didnt have a heart attack lol

Long days and pleasant nights
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Yea, that is common with sleep paralysis. I know a friend who has that from time to time and even I do as well. Honestly, it's hard to say whether or not that's related to the paranormal because with sleep paralysis - your mind wakes up before your body so what might be happening is that your brain is interpreting the being unable to move as being in danger.

I've experimented with sleep paralysis for a while now - pretty much all you do is lie there until your body falls asleep and you just slip into it and found that the best way, for me anyways, to not be afraid of all those things is to take deep breaths and slowly get yourself out of sleep paralysis. The other option is to close your eyes and go back to sleep, but that's not always easy after you've just seen something weird, right?

ImageImageImageImageImage
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
Zodiac:

Shadow People usually are all black, have something covering their face/head, Cloaks with Hoods, Hats, Hoodies etc. Hooded Men. You usually don't see their faces.

Sometimes they can look like the Ringwraiths from Lord of the Rings. Or I think I have heard of some wearing Trench Coats and Fedora Hats, Or the modern Hoodie etc.

What ever it was, it seemed startled by you. That was a scary experience! ::jawdrop:: I would have Smudged and done a Banishing Ritual on the Whole House if that Happened to me.

Image Image

defiantway
new here
new here
Zodiac:

I read that also but the one i saw didnt have any kind of hood or any covering over its head... very weird the smudge might be a good idea but for some reason i dont think it will be back. :fingercross: but my question is does anyone know why shadow people come around? I have not heard anything concrete really i would love to know what their goal is :wtf:

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

If we're talking actual Shadow People... they eat ghosts. They're hunters... like tigers.

But first let's be clear about ghosts. When someone passes on, sometimes they leave a piece of themselves behind. The majority of their spirit, and obviously all of their soul, crosses over, but sometimes fear of death, or the desire to remain behind for other reasons, can be so strong, that not all of your bits make it across.

So... the piece of you that gets left behind becomes a ghost. But since it's not the whole you, over time, the waves of energy from all the different currents, sun, moon, people, mass experiences/mass emotions, Jupiter, people wandering through you, living in the space you're attached to... they slowly wear you away.

Eventually, you become a mindless revenant. You're stuck on a loop. Not to be confused with an emotional loop/stain that's left a scar on a location, though... those are created by massive traumatic emotions... think murder, lynching, war... those things leave stains, scars on the earth... if they're traumatic enough and there's enough emotion behind them, those replay, but on a schedule... say, every 3 am, or every second wednesday, or every 700 years, or whatever.

But we're not talking about scars... we're talking revenants. Revenants are mindless. They're the ones who swear to mediums... "If you just do this, I'll be ready to cross over..." and when you do it, they come up with another excuse, and another, and another... because all that's left of them is that core need to STAY... they're not capable of rational thought anymore.

Shadow People are a lot like tigers, in that they hunt these revenants. However, they're not at all like scavengers - no, they don't clean up the mess... they slice piece after piece away... the longer they can make the pain last for the revenant, which has enough sentience left to know what's happening, but not enough power to fight back the better the feeding for the Shadow.

The worst thing is... a spirit that becomes a ghost cannot move on. They get stuck into an inbetween place, waiting for that missing piece, until that piece returns, or is GONE. Whatever your beliefs, whether they're in reincarnation, or not, you know that there are stages to death. A spirit that isn't whole can't go through those stages. So when a part of you becomes a ghost, and begins to wear away to the point that it becomes a victim of a Shadow hunter... well... that makes it very difficult for you to do anything...

There is, though, a solution.

A spirit that this has happened to can do several things, actually...

If two souls decided to cooperate which both have sustained damage to their spirits, they can join their spirits, and, being whole again, try to go forward in this manner. Naturally, this method can present difficulties... and sharing a physical body with each other may require a contract, such as: "I'll take the body for the first 9 years, and then we'll have some kind of accident, and you can have the body for the next however many years," which is an easy explanation of the new age idea of Walk-Ins.

Another solution is for the soul to allow the whole spirit to be recycled, and to create a new one. Which could explain how some people are still being born who are... new. In spite of how old the multiverse is.

Shadows, as far as I know, though frightening and uncomfortable to be around, actually present no danger to living human beings, nor do they present danger to spirits who are NOT revenants. Especially if those spirits have vessels. It's only ghosts who have no ability to leave the physical plane, being not whole spirits, who are in danger... And by the time they're unable to defend themselves, is it really fair to leave them lying around anyway?

Again, this is what I know of the subject... it's based on research and experience, and as always, I could be totally, completely, WAY OFF BASE. You totally have the right to laugh, snort coffee through your nose, and go on with your day, thinking something TOTALLY different. Hey, if I've made you smile, as far as I'm concerned... I freaking rock. :D

I actually hope, though, that I've soothed your fears for yourself and your spirits, even your unbounds. Telling a Shadow that this is YOUR SPACE, and that it may not hunt here is totally the right thing to do. You and your spirits chasing it out means it won't be back, because it IS your space, and you have the right to mark your teritory and say who hunts there and who doesn't... and your spirits will help you back that up with some OOMPH if need be. Even Shadows have their weak points. LIGHT being one of them. Shine a very bright light through them and OH, MY do they scream!

But if it WAS hunting... you might have a revenant... in which case, the kindest thing you can do is cross it over. Don't ask questions. Don't try to solve its problems, don't try to hear its last request, don't try to tell Uncle Petey, who's been dead for 80 years, about the ring under the third brick from the left over the mantlepiece that will save the family fortune... and then try to tell Cousin Adelle about how sorry the revenant is for that one time at band camp, because Cousin Adelle probably went to her own reward 67 years ago, and don't do anything else for the poor creature, either... because remember, it's no longer rational. It's just a base need to REMAIN... without knowing why... it will make stuff up to keep you running around so it doesn't have to leave. Just... open the gate and shove them through. It's really the kindest thing you can do.

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
defiantway
new here
new here
Zodiac:

WOW thank you so much :D you answered all the questions i had! so they are hunters, that makes sense because i have had more than a few spirits hanging around asking for help :/ i feel at ease having a sense knowing what they are. so they are kind of like a grim reaper for spirits trying to hang around.... and yes i do believe it was startled when it had noticed i saw it kinda like "how can this human see me" kinda deal! thank you so much your knowledge on them has helped me immensely. I wont be so freaked the next time i see one because now i know its like spiders eating flies..... well sort of :lol:

Return to “Paranormal Experiences”