Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

As always, eloquent, thoughtful, informative, and I am going to sticky this... :thumbup:

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Falicea272 -

First I must say, some of the points you've addressed were actually made by Adelphia. So I will let her respond to them if so inclined.

Falicea272 wrote:Another point I don't agree with is when you say that polarity does not exist in demonics.

As for polarity, not sure if this is alluding to my comments but this is definitely not a statement I made.
What I did say was that duality does not apply to BA itself. Duality is DA. The Black Arts are called as they are, separate from DA, for a reason.
Of course you may have a different interpretation of what makes something DA or BA.

BA is not adversarial or opposed to the light. BA entities know that one cannot exist without the other. Is one of their most basic tenents and even the dumbest demon knows and accepts this even though they may act differently as per the reason given above already.

I am really being very technical.
BA is in fact adversarial and in opposition to the light in that it is the other end of the spectrum. BA signifies that a being or force is inherently black, and their embodiment is naturally an opposition to the WA.
Never did I say BA does not recognize the duality of existence, or recognize the significance of this.

We are not evil fiends waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting and we are no less intelligent than those who walk the RHP and although there are those who are new to the LHP that make mistakes the same can also be said of the RHP. We all make mistakes and we all have the ability to make intelligent decisions and the immesuarble ability to learn and grow... see how much in common we already have?

Lol.
You say "we" as if I am not of the LHP. If that implication is so, how would you know?
I write this from experience and as someone who does work within the Left Hand Path; though I hold unique views and do not limit myself.

Thanks for your input.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:As always, eloquent, thoughtful, informative, and I am going to sticky this... :thumbup:
Thank you Magnolia, and everyone who has commented.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:As always, eloquent, thoughtful, informative, and I am going to sticky this... :thumbup:
::nice:: Very informative, as always. Much respect to Noc and Adelphia. :D

hanabushi
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 26
Your favorite spirit to work with: Undecided!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Youkai
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Kinjou
Zodiac:

First off, epic mad props to Noc and Adelphia for broaching this subject in a sane and sober manner. (I'm sure you can imagine how many times this discussion has rapidly degenerated into horrible free for alls >.<)

You got me to thinking that this is not just a problem in Spirit Keeping/Paranormal circles, but in general metaphysical practice as well--too many people don't see any gradients in practice, and others are too quick to jump to a extremely polarized dualistic view that's neither practical nor evident in any way shape or form in Nature. Case in point, there being quite a few folks out there who would collectively crap their pants at the very thought of Spirit Keeping to begin with and regard it as "Demonic" and "Evil"--and they wouldn't just be the stereotypical Right Wing Evangelistic Christian either. The loudest head-explosions I've personally encountered have been from diehard Wiccans, but of course one's mileage is going to vary. (NOTE: I have nothing against Christians, Wiccans, Pastafarians, or any other path)

What I think is at the root of this is the real willingness to REALLY learn and observe (or, as with some, not) with as much real objectivity as the Human animal can muster. That's a challenge in all walks of life.

You have left me with much food for thought, thank you. :)

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

I as well give this discussion 2 :thumbup: :thumbup: . yet some people cannot get this stuck in their tiny brains. ::facepalm::
even when people do such a good discussion like this one! (the tiny brains part has nothing to do with anyone who has commented in this post, fwiw) :lol:

Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Very good topic and in time, since I read some worrying comments in another topic. I do think the biggest problem is that people still have different opinion of what is BA and DA, so this keep going in a loop. And because some people still have this idea that all demons are BA, another loop. I do agree what both Noctem and Adelphia said and have even read a comment in another forum where someone think their Ifrit is a demon. I do think anyone that would think in using BA to cause harm should not be teached or deal with BA being, but this is asking too much.

souloffire
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 8
If I could be anything, I would be...: demi-god
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sio
Zodiac:

I am always open to learning and appreciate the points here.Don't know if this is in regards to that remark i made on the genie wishing post but anyways I am a responsible adult.I know what a demon is, I read up and did my research.I am not asking them to do anything destructive or get in the way of anyone's free will.I am simply NOT that type of person.That said I know true BA is different.They're plenty of people on other forums who can attest to keeping demons and they are fine.If you choose not to keep them fine.I am not some BA advocate & I believe everyone must find their path.I also believe you get back what you release into the universe.I understand the "nature of the beast".I have strict house rules in place.I understand the whole if you keep a pet tiger and put a collar around it's neck it can still turn around and eat you and you cannot blame it.It's the nature of the beast.So I will be ever vigilant.Now I am not as proficient at expressing myself as other members here and it's not the best of days (mind fog) so that's all.I wish everyone much love & light. :peace:

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

^ I was not directing this towards any one person, if I was I would have stated that. No need to be defensive.
Your post in that thread was very mild compared to the typical expression of that conveyance.

This has been building, and I've said several of these things before.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Noc, both you and Adelphia have done a wonderful job here!!!!! I like to learn about both sides, as I think a person should have a working knowlegde about WA, DA, and BA!!!!! I like to know so I can have better protection and when someone needs help, I might be better able to help!!!!

I hope that makes some kind of sense!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Black Arts”