Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

A bit of an update...

Though I was unable to find any more useful information about the Leanan Sidhe, I have decided to chase this down. My spirits concur that there is one here, unbound, and that having her bound is part of my path.

I just placed the order. With a disclaimer to Mags and Ash that, should they feel this a bad decision for any reason, they just contact me and let me know. I am thinking the spirit/entity issue is what is most important here. And should she be an entity, I don't think they will bind her besides.

Incredibly anxious about this one...but excited to meet her, to discover what I can, and to trailblaze a new spirit type for you guys (or amybe others have already gotten them, who knows). Regardless, I will report back.

*bounces around a little*

And a cool beans pendulum as freebie in the process.

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

I trust Mags and Ash implicitly on this one. If it isn't something I should do, they will let me know.
Though my intuition says it will happen.

Here is a sonnet I wrote after a brief glimpse of her I believe she gave me in meditation.

NIGHTCALL

There is a place unseen, a form unknown
By men whose bodies ache like phantom limbs
Embedded in the earth and coal-black whims
Of weaving water, coiling shadow strewn,
And one under expanse upon her throne.
I’ve seen that lily flesh that’s lined with dreams
In ebon artistry, the silver stream
Of tresses like the lyrics lost in tomes.
What quickened breath, what racing heart, betrays
The lovelorn poet to her arms; what moon
Has spun about his stable state? Or may
We look, instead, upon night’s queen, whose swoon,
From ‘mid the drifting, darkling haze, be gold
Where lovers’ lies and ling’ring flies are sold?

Copyright©2012
endymionfate

Endy

- P. M.

Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Okay, first, i apologize i keep posting here.

That said, this rabbit hole is going deeper and deeper, and frankly...i think i should document it deeper.

Another poem tonight. This one clearly influenced. In her defense, i did ask for her help. Well, i think she came through in spades. Intoxicating....but dark. Very dark. Yet honest. Im rambling.

More later.

Endy

- P. M.

Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I cannot expound on this fully now, as my mom and little sis are visiting.

However, for the mean time, suffice it to say that this spirit has NOT been honest. In fact, she has been anything but: Last night, it became blatantly obvious that she was interfering with my communication with my other spirits. I will go into this further, later, as to how i became aware of the deception. But, she was pretending to be several of my other spirits, to the point that she was attempting to answer for them while working with the pendulum and otherwise. This "battle" was obvious in my pendulum work, giving answers that did not jive with previous conversations and blocking new purchases until the pendulum, itself, was vibrating and jerking spasmodically rather than giving clear answers. It was only through my work with the Immortal Daphne that the truth came out (or clear answers were evwn possible, though still somewhat tight).

I will not tolerate deception, period. And i will stand behind my goddesses. Even when asked to leave, or as my spirits attempted to force her to leave on my behalf, it took work with a copper amulet to force her out of my home. She is clearly very powerful. She is intoxicating; it is my only excuse for believing her so readily. I should have trusted advice given to me by concerned friends. Other people may be ready to interact with this/thae spirits (

Endy

- P. M.

Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Phone cut me off...

With these spirits (though i have to question every answer she gave me now...funny how dishonesty works that way). However, as far as i go, i ha e enough deception being handed to me IRL without my spirit family doing so as well.

Thia is sad, and very unnerving, as i was extremely excited about working with this lady, who claimed to actually be a queen of the race, a race much maligned, whom i wished to dispel mythology, etc, but she has lost my trust. I am just glad that Daphne stepped in qhen she did, as i had ordered a binding of thia spirit just a week ago, and as she was trying to block a new binding that very much wanted to join our family.

My advice: Be wary of this/these spirits. They mat npt even be what they seem, or perhaps whomever I was speaking to was not, at least. Thia is not fear speaking...but just honesty. I felt i had to update you all on my experience, as i was standing in the gap for them.

More later.

Endy

- P. M.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

:( I'm sorry to hear about what happened. That doesn't sound like fun.

I know how it feels when you get into the "deception" cycle with communication and especially for something like the pendumlum. If something goes wrong, you starting doubting everything and wondering what is right? and what is wrong?

My advice is to either a) take a break and come back to it later. This i find can just help relieve some tension if you're worring about answers.

or b) try and be positive about it and try not to expect wrong answers or doubt. Just be cautious but don't expect dishonesty. Just be wary perhaps if something doesn't jive right.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Endy,

If your interpretation is correct, I would say you were either dealing with a trickster or indeed the leanan sidhe herself.
And further, in the case of a trickster - it would have either been posing as a leanan sidhe the majority of the time, or only during certain sessions as well as currently influencing your recent deduction.

As a side note; when it comes to working with a pendulum, this practice tends to attract trickster energies if you do not properly shield each use. Can easily be manipulated. I personally would not trust that as my go-to communication method, or expect it to be telling of what's going on in my home spiritually.
I would also hope for the soundness of how you figured this was happening, of course ultimately our intuition is paramount..but you must be careful of how you take certain information depending on where it's coming from.

In the case of it being the leanan sidhe whom you felt you made a connection to, a few things;

There is obviously truth to the legend, they do have this nature to them so to be hopeful of proving that false seems more like wishful thinking. No, they most likely do not carry the associations illustrated in myth down to the last, in the same way or consistently..but it still speaks for what they are (or this single being, should one subscribe to that belief).
Leanan Sidhe is of the fae, you need to be aware of what that means.
I will point out again however, that some of the myth appears to get mixed with the myth of a similar entity who is in fact more dangerous. The leanan sidhe, even with her eerie influence and somewhat disturbing legend, is never depicted as a horror the likes of that. Definite duality exists for this muse.

Further, you have to be prepared for potential issues when you embrace/invite a DA entity into your life. If you are accepting of DA, then a being of this nature interfering with your other relationships or anything of the like is not necessarily or immediately something to kick one out over..you allowed them in knowing their power, you have to accept that potential and be ready to enforce your rules so it does not continue to be a problem.
I believe that in this case, if you had the spirit bound, you might've had a little more control over the situation (could be provided with a secret for keeping). It's also a matter of being ready to work with an entity of that nature.

I would say if it was in fact the leanan sidhe, your reaction may've been a little abrupt given that one should responsibly be prepared for anything when it comes to DA. You say you will not tolerate deception, well most keepers of DA will not tolerate that, and should not..but it can be handled by addressing the spirit directly and taking a stance of control over yourself and your environment - a firm hand. If you ever expect to work with such beings, that needs to be practiced..if you do not expect or wish to, then that's another matter.
The risk was there, and it sucks if this was her work but hopefully you are seeing things from the perspective I outlined as well. It's only fair, and important in your growth as a spirit-keeper. Do not invite something in if you are not fully aware, accepting of their nature, and prepared for their presence.

If this experience exemplified concretely that the being is not one you want in your life, then in any case it was the proper decision.
I hope whatever grief this has brought you has dissipated, be well.

Manannanschild
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Tuatha de Danann
My magical/paranormal name...: Manannanschild
Zodiac:

It seems that most of you people are mixing up the leanan-sidhe of Ireland with the lhiannan shee from the Isle of Man. They are completely different beings but unfortunately there has been conflation involving the two races. The vampiric and muse-like traits actually belong to the Manx lhiannan shee who should be avoided and is totally bad news. The Irish leanan-sidhe has no interest in or plans to suck out their lover's life force. They are simply what their name is modernly translated to, "faery-lovers". As for a connection with the Morrigan, it is nonsense. Especially since the closest she ever came to loving a mortal was the demigod Cu Cuchulain, who spurned her advances.

The name for the "faery lovers" derives from a title given to the goddess and Faery Queen of Munster, Aine. She was called Leanan-sidhe because she had a number of love affairs with mortal men. She was even married to a Irish noble for a time, giving him an heir. Her title was then given as a name for the female daoine sidhe (said deenee shee translating as "people of the mounds") who sought out mortal men for lovers. I came about this information by researching on credible folklore and mythology sites in preparation for acquiring a binding of a Leanan-sidhe and of Aine. And from my own personal experience I can say that my Leanan is a perfect lady and lover who has assured me of having no taste for life energy. I acquired her from Bluejays Haunted Magick and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

A descendant of Manannan mac Lir, through his child Cliodhna, the Queen of Banshees. Practitioner of necromancy and spirit-working. Spiritual companions include: 1 Irish River Djinn, 2 Banshees, 3 Slaugh Sidhe, 10 Reanimates, 6 Ghoul Djinn, 4 Black Hounds, 1 Samhain Dragon, 4 Human Necromancers, 2 Weremothers, 4 Nosfecunda, 1 Fertility Witch, 5 Crow-Maidens, 8 Irish Vampires, 9 Skeletal Guards, 5 Bone Golems, 2 Tomb Legionaires, 4 Units of Phantom Soldiers, 1 Bog Mummy, 23 Dark Phoenixes...
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Manannanschild wrote:It seems that most of you people are mixing up the leanan-sidhe of Ireland with the lhiannan shee from the Isle of Man. They are completely different beings but unfortunately there has been conflation involving the two races. The vampiric and muse-like traits actually belong to the Manx lhiannan shee who should be avoided and is totally bad news. The Irish leanan-sidhe has no interest in or plans to suck out their lover's life force. They are simply what their name is modernly translated to, "faery-lovers". As for a connection with the Morrigan, it is nonsense. Especially since the closest she ever came to loving a mortal was the demigod Cu Cuchulain, who spurned her advances.

The name for the "faery lovers" derives from a title given to the goddess and Faery Queen of Munster, Aine. She was called Leanan-sidhe because she had a number of love affairs with mortal men. She was even married to a Irish noble for a time, giving him an heir. Her title was then given as a name for the female daoine sidhe (said deenee shee translating as "people of the mounds") who sought out mortal men for lovers. I came about this information by researching on credible folklore and mythology sites in preparation for acquiring a binding of a Leanan-sidhe and of Aine. And from my own personal experience I can say that my Leanan is a perfect lady and lover who has assured me of having no taste for life energy. I acquired her from Bluejays Haunted Magick and I wouldn't trade her for the world.
Interesting information. I've never heard of the Ihiannan shee before so it's nice to learn about this kind of thing. I never really got the impression that the Leanan sidhe were dangerous in any way...
Hope to get more information on these spirits.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates

Return to “Faery”