sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: I hate guys!

Postby Likes2Read » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Idun wrote:What's so bad about soccer moms?

I'm sure they run the gamut from super-supportive and a blessing to the kids and their teams, down to obnoxious and the reason why children's sporting events post signs reminding parents of things like "they're just kids, let them have fun" and "referees and umpires are human, too". The parents trying to live vicariously through their kids are no help, either, but I suspect that both dads and moms can be found doing that.

Years ago, at the Flyers Wives Carnival, both the Flyers players and the players from their minor-league farm team for which I was a season ticket holder, were signing autographs. The minor-league guys were stationed at various game booths. Most of them had their wives or girlfriends with them, but one guy's fiancée was a nurse who had to work that day. Therefore, he brought his mother. I made a point of telling her, "THANK YOU! Because without you, driving to practices and tournaments at crazy hours, we wouldn't have him!" So I count her as one of the GOOD sports moms. :)

Visit The Lightworker's Sphere on Etsy for my handmade wands, metaphysical gemstone jewelry, and meditation binaural/isochronic audio files.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra

Postby Ashino Tsume roshi » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:30 pm

Idun wrote:"Now then, who are you?"

I am that which began
Out of me the years roll
Out of me, god and man,
I am equal and whole.
God changes and man
and the forms of the bodily.
I am the soul.

Swinburne, Hertha

Let me straighten out what you have posted.
First of all, I have read all of Algernon Swinburne and in fact republished a collection of his work. He was talking about the first type of humanity which was Hermaphroditic and please note that is what Swinburne believed he was, and I am sure that he was for 2 reasons: (1.) He wasn't a liar but worked on the edge of trying to show that we need to understand sexuality much more better than even we do at this date, today. (2) Second of all, the birth rate for Hermaphroditic birth has climbed, thus breasts and a penis or breasts, a penis, and a vagina.

Also, if that is not enough there is one (of many organizations that are perfectly harmless, but there is one out there that isn't...I saw the publication around the date of approx a printed "flyer-magazene about an organization that worships Lilith and the idea was to recruit women to basically take over men by enslaving them, and interestingly enough it was shown to by "Lady M" who was a friend of mine and a no-client very personal non-S&M friend of hers, she showed me this thing and as a dominatrix she disagreed and said

"I have to know what's happening always, but this s*** is disgusting and incredibly stupid, apparently they want to be me, but that's the last thing I want.

We've both read deSade and ASacher-Masoch, and of course there is wisdom, fascination, nonsense, and extremes of many truths in the SM/BD groups, but this is probably just a bunch of ruined girls who want revenge, but never face the actual bad man or bas woman that actually turned them around....and I like my clients, and as you know you have met them and known d*** well that they are brilliant and often famous men that want to play hard, and I cannot say what ammount of money they make....Well, lets have another vodka martini and discuss what new things you have learned about non-blood rites and why they are more powerful......the we can go back to my place."

And the night moved on.

PS. Also, most cult, try to invade such places as this, and "turn them" (women as "controlled nuns/servants, and slowly take over the place. These thought are from Cults 101 A and it gets more complicated. Its basically the dark side of Jesus-Freaks and Street Krishnas trying to convert people.

Creepy Hollows is a Friendly Intellectual and Helpful Forum that is Attached to Legitimate MAterials and Such.

At the top of this post, I believe but am not sure, the little pcture on the masthead is the same pic of Lilith as has been used elsewhere...my personal belief.

You asked: Who am I?" in your own fashion of talking, my answer I will give you here:

Hem Netjertepyen Amun.

Now I am going to look at a real Lady Magician - Catherine van Hessling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPArdwJ7wx0

So long, may you enjoy yourself ,
C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss

Madame Sosostris
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: forest creatures
If I could be anything, I would be...: invincible
My magical/paranormal name...: That's a Secret!

Postby Madame Sosostris » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:40 am

You have an impressive pedigree. It is intriguing.

1. You posted your pedigree as a response to a relatively new person questioned something you said, ending with "Who are you?" A variation of "How dare you question me"? With that kind of pedigree, you know that your knowledge is not for your own self-glorification. You don't owe anyone an explanation but I wonder if you are physically in pain.

2. Just because you're smart doesn't mean the rest of the world is stupid. 19th century British and American literature are my areas of expertise. Therefore, little or no need to instruct. Nice that the reference was not wasted on you, although the sexuality aspect is tangential to my, and I think Swinburne's, intent in that poem.

3. As gently as I can put it, you are not approachable. And that's the sweetest spin, I can put on it. Maybe you don't want to be.

At the bottom of this, I'll quote the Grateful Dead Are you kind? 'Uh oh, what I want to know is: Are you kind?"

The Eight Tenets of Ritual Magick

1. Expect the unexpected;
2. Magic has no morality;
3. As above, so below;
4. There are no coincidences;
5. There is a choice that is no choice;
6. Change is the only constant;
7. Seize the day and there is a price to pay;
8. A true magician must transcend himself.

Vey Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby Vey Nightshard » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:19 pm

0_o
What the f have I walked into?

I'm just throwing this out there, as honestly it feels like there are some, things that should be considered.

How I deal with things (no, not saying anyone has to, duh, but it is a idea no one here has suggested yet, from what I could see, thumbing through 23 pages)

Is to treat it on a individual basis.

This whole "I hate *insertwordhere*" has led to some of the more controversial and problematic issues. Racism, feminism, homosexuality, equality, etc etc etc.

Why not, instead of lumping a bunch of people into the same category so you don't need to deal with the lot of them, to treat it on a person to person basis? Like seriously, one bad apple spoils the barrel apparently with some people.

I don't tend to argue, but I do know strongly how it feels to be lumped with people that I am definitely not like.

"White trash family" sort of idea. Or other things.

Yet, the people lumping me in with this "label" are wrong, because they don't take time to look beneath the surface and actually see the person for who they are.

So to say "I hate blacks!" Or "I hate guys!" Or "I hate girls!" Blah blah blah.

It's just a unnecessary argument that leads everyone to being miserable. Sure, you are allowed to have your own opinion, but that is what your brain is for. Keeping those thoughts private, seeing as how it doesn't positively do anything to say it.

Don't hate on a general term, just because someone is bad, that could fall into that term.

Anyways that's my 2cents although I wouldn't be surprised if the... passionately aggressive conversations here either ignored this post, or decided to take offence, and rant back at me. Bleh, I'm used to it. Already asked for CH to come around (or one of the admins) to see if they can help prevent this situation from becoming a bigger argument.

Ironically it wasn't the first few people on here that it concerns. No idea where they went actually. *scratches my head*

Anyways, I'm just gonna depart now, find a happier thread to relax in. Sheesh. *closes door*

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

*boom*
DAGames - Build Our Machine
Linkin' Park - Somewhere I Belong
TØP - Forest
Jem - Once in Every Lifetime

Madame Sosostris
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Madame Sosostris » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:55 pm

I'm sorry, darksbane. I have to claim responsibility for some of that.

I made a joke about men having broken chromosomes and it was not taken as funny in the way that I intended. Things did seem to go a bit more solid after that.

The written word is humor challenged sometimes. Even more so when English is not the native language for everyone.

Please forgive.

3. As above, so below;

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra

Postby Ashino Tsume roshi » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:17 pm

Idun wrote:You have an impressive pedigree. It is intriguing.

1. You posted your pedigree as a response to a relatively new person questioned something you said, ending with "Who are you?" A variation of "How dare you question me"? With that kind of pedigree, you know that your knowledge is not for your own self-glorification. You don't owe anyone an explanation but I wonder if you are physically in pain.

2. Just because you're smart doesn't mean the rest of the world is stupid. 19th century British and American literature are my areas of expertise. Therefore, little or no need to instruct. Nice that the reference was not wasted on you, although the sexuality aspect is tangential to my, and I think Swinburne's, intent in that poem.

3. As gently as I can put it, you are not approachable. And that's the sweetest spin, I can put on it. Maybe you don't want to be.

At the bottom of this, I'll quote the Grateful Dead Are you kind? 'Uh oh, what I want to know is: Are you kind?"

Answers inside of qu0tation block: CAS

Idun wrote:You have an impressive pedigree. It is intriguing.

Answer: You are a very good writer. This current post of yours show it well (hows that for a sentence from Dr Samuel John's English? Just having a sort of fun with language. I do that often with everywhichone (Chauce ist page is used such. Not making fun of you just having fun as you most probably know these things...

1. You posted your pedigree as a response to a relatively new person questioned something you said, ending with "Who are you?"

The "Who are You?" phrase comes from a translation of Nitjandhara Aboriginal ...it is the question of wisdom, when you say it to yourself, it will promote wisdom in the mind of the sayer. or if some says it to the other person, it can be if not "mentally pushed away" be a gift of knowledge coming from the ultimate form of knowledge..I got these forms of wisdom by living and traveling in the Outback for 5 months back in 1979.

A variation of "How dare you question me"? With that kind of pedigree, you know that your knowledge is not for your own self-glorification. You don't owe anyone an explanation but I wonder if you are physically in pain.

I believe all knowledge given to all persons is a glorification and we should all walk in the glorifications (plural deliberate) as "Community" instead of the number of attacks and "freeze-outs" that are currently happening in many places and most certainly here.

Very perceptive to a point: Long ago, I survived being dead. Oddly enough one of my cousins did so also, but the "set and setting" of these 2 similiar events were for different reasons.

Obviously you are well educated and so am I The World is not stupid, but there is a mental plague that is destroying language in English for sure.....Somehow France, Russia, China, and Japan are "holding on" to their languages.. I am against the "Dumming Down" of the USA...And most currently, it has hit the Occult World which depends upon a great deal of subtlety to survive and be used And since, I respect you and your statements, I would say that I am not made at the world but to some degree, I am an acolyte to William Blake, especially, his Book of Uriizen and The Marriage of Heaven & Hell, Swinburne is amazing, my personal god is Charles Baudelaire, and as for early and 19th century novels, plays, my favorites are Clarissa, Poe, Stephan Crane, Marie Corelli, & 20th century Franz Kafka, Herman Hesse, and Samuel Beckett (who for a while mentored me and used one of my poems as a baseline for a short novel.

I am approachable, I have just approached you here.

Good quote. Kindness? Depends on what you think it is. When much younger before I went into Rock and Roll and {on December 31st 1970 ] really got so angry about the destruction of peoples lives, the destruction of my own life by me, and all the rest, I smashed a mental chair against the wall of one of the practice rooms in Elektra Records, walked out, turned my unknown place to all living in Chinatown (I love the Chinese), wenr to Sibyl Burton's "club" and played with old friend Jesse Collin Young and others, drove thru a blizzard from NYC to Lambertville NJ, and became a person who took care of a loot of animals....and what was so weird is we all wound up in New Hope PA...Myself, Jesse for a short time, and then out of the scene going to North Carolina, and [names witheld] A guy that was Jimi Hendryx's road manager from the UK, and A Guy who walked off the stage of Blood Sweat & Tears...Its also funny-odd that all of our musical "manners" changed at different points in the future from that time. Dylan has now wandered into classic songs as Sinatra would sing, Another guy went to be a church choir master, the Drummer and musical genius in ".Miych Ryder and the Dteroit Wheels" ran a gas station, and another Guy became a policeman,,,

Why??? All of this ........."We te People" need to protect language and all else. Well that enough talk for now
Good Wishes, Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss

Vey Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member

Postby Vey Nightshard » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:54 pm

Idun wrote:I'm sorry, darksbane. I have to claim responsibility for some of that.

I made a joke about men having broken chromosomes and it was not taken as funny in the way that I intended. Things did seem to go a bit more solid after that.

The written word is humor challenged sometimes. Even more so when English is not the native language for everyone.

Please forgive.

I understand the language barrier, had some reverse situations myself, and I was not taking offence. Just saying I hoped that any conversations that ensued did not go to slandering one another.

Cheers! :)

Also, as for the OP, why, would you hate on all guys? That makes zero sense to me. That's like hating on all, I dunno, blondes, thinking that since one was dumb, they are all dumb. Which, while the Internet jokes about that, is far from true.

Judge by a individual basis. Don't hate one a general term, like gay, blonde, working class, emo, etc, just because of one person. Or heck, a few people. As not all people in that category are like the rest. Or heck, like each other.

We are all our own individuals. So we should all be treated as such.

:peace:

*boom*
TØP - Forest

Madame Sosostris
neophyte
neophyte

Postby Madame Sosostris » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:14 pm

Upset people generalize. Really upset people generalize *a lot*.

"Why do you *always* leave dirty dishes in the sink so I have to wash them before I start dinner?" But he doesn't *always*. Just more often than I'd like.

Generalizing isn't always a bad thing. It's how we organize experience, but it's full of dangers. Silly example: I hate raw onions. For most of my life, I thought I hated onions. But it has been brought to my attention that grilled onions are sweet and not delightful. *facepalm* I missed some really good meals!

But there's injustice built into it. Pitt bulls aren't bad, just that they're attractive to some jerks who train them to be aggressive. We had the best wolf ever -- wore a tutu and halo on Halloween, let his toenails be painted pink, had his fur cornrowed by the Brownie troop. But some are dangerous and in California now, they have to be kept in a kennel with a concrete slab, chain fencing, and a special license.

I think the generalizations grow narrower the more experiences we have. But are never just "the person in front of me".

We experience, extract generalities from that experience, and refine as we get more experiences.

3. As above, so below;

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: omnomnom
If I could be anything, I would be...: blingbling
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Birch

Postby darkwing dook » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:18 pm

Just some thoughts:
Idun wrote:I made a joke about men having broken chromosomes and it was not taken as funny in the way that I intended. Things did seem to go a bit more solid after that.

The problem is that such remark is used by sexist groups, e.g. female supremacy movement, to insist that the one gender is more superior than the other. Other remarks can be seen here:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Female_supremacy

So the "scientific treatise" is to hopefully provide another perspective, in case there are readers who take such remarks to heart. People are free to believe what they want to believe, though.

The Styx Group wrote:Obviously you are well educated and so am I The World is not stupid, but there is a mental plague that is destroying language in English for sure.....Somehow France, Russia, China, and Japan are "holding on" to their languages.. I am against the "Dumming Down" of the USA...

To prevent destroying English language, I would suggest that people, especially native English speakers, review and check their wordings starting from simple points, e.g. typos and punctuation marks. In certain languages such as Japanese, misspelling a vowel or missing a stop can change the nuance from polite to very rude.

Darksbane wrote:Also, as for the OP, why, would you hate on all guys? That makes zero sense to me. That's like hating on all, I dunno, blondes, thinking that since one was dumb, they are all dumb. Which, while the Internet jokes about that, is far from true.

If you read the thread from beginning, you'd see that the original poster was not referring to all male gender, and there was comparison between guys vs older men. The thread started with lighthearted nuance as well, and was fluctuating from .there .

"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

"Born to party but forced to work."
"Alcohol doesn't solve your problems but neither does milk."
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am."
"I swear to drunk I am not God!"

Vey Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member

Postby Vey Nightshard » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:22 pm

darkwing wrote:Just some thoughts:
Idun wrote:I made a joke about men having broken chromosomes and it was not taken as funny in the way that I intended. Things did seem to go a bit more solid after that.

The problem is that such remark is used by sexist groups, e.g. female supremacy movement, to insist that the one gender is more superior than the other. Other remarks can be seen here:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Female_supremacy

So the "scientific treatise" is to hopefully provide another perspective, in case there are readers who take such remarks to heart. People are free to believe what they want to believe, though.

The Styx Group wrote:Obviously you are well educated and so am I The World is not stupid, but there is a mental plague that is destroying language in English for sure.....Somehow France, Russia, China, and Japan are "holding on" to their languages.. I am against the "Dumming Down" of the USA...

To prevent destroying English language, I would suggest that people, especially native English speakers, review and check their wordings starting from simple points, e.g. typos and punctuation marks. In certain languages such as Japanese, misspelling a vowel or missing a stop can change the nuance from polite to very rude.

Darksbane wrote:Also, as for the OP, why, would you hate on all guys? That makes zero sense to me. That's like hating on all, I dunno, blondes, thinking that since one was dumb, they are all dumb. Which, while the Internet jokes about that, is far from true.

If you read the thread from beginning, you'd see that the original poster was not referring to all male gender, and there was comparison between guys vs older men. The thread started with lighthearted nuance as well, and was fluctuating from .there .

As always, Darkwing makes a lot of sense. I understand what you said to me, and lookin back, I suppose that does make sense. Guess it was my jaded "justice" side coming out, and for that, I apologize. Misunderstood that. Now that I understand, I will quiet. :)

Thanks for posting Darkwing, wise words of wisdom. ^_^

Cheers!

*boom*
TØP - Forest

Return to “What Went Wrong?”