Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gargoyles
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Absolutely not telling
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:
Outside monotheism, demons have a long history of interfering in the affairs of the physical world and the lives of people, though not always with the goal of subverting souls. They act as tricksters and create annoying disturbances. More seriously, they cause illnesses, insanity, disasters, and bad luck. Some hold long-standing grudges against humanity. The djinn of Arabian lore, for example, say they were the original inhabitants of Earth and were evicted by God in favor of humans. They want their homeland returned and some of them carry out guerilla warfare and terrorism against humans to that end.
You know, just seeing this, makes me think that this could easily be a reason for why there is an unusually large amount of conflict, terrorism, and human pain out in the Middle East... 2cr Even on a small scale, such as a house, where the spirits are sad and/or angry, they can cause all the people living there and sometimes even the neighbors to be less happy, more angry, more conflict.. ect. If there are angry djinn in the middle east who want their homeland back, that would make an awful lot of sense...

Course, then I immediately wonder why they take it out on humans instead of the god who evicted them... 2an guess we're easier targets...

So hear this, please
And watch as your heart speeds up endlessly,
And look for the stars as the sun goes down,
Each breath that you take has a thunderous sound,
Everything, everything's magic...

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Once again, you ALL are Mediaevalists with some attached to the last couple/3 years of the Dark Ages...

The earliest mention and definition of Demons was the Gnostic-Christian and Neo-Platonist Pseudo-Dionysius the Areopagite, who wrote sometime between 480-532 AD.

Demons were/are any-kind-at-all ANGELS. PERIOD.

The Early Christians had the Gnostic texts, homes that were meeting places, women priests, and leaders, burned, distroyed, and killed. And thus a low-level, psychologically and physically dangerous religion was formed. And thus anything that they didn't like, they demonized (to make a small joke.)

The early Gnostic Groups were quite different from the way most religionists define them...The texts of my relative (SInclair side of family) , Mary Magdeline have never been found. Supposedly, any way.

If you go back to the early Gnosticism, you find some amazing stuff. I am in the work of creating visibility of these texts, that will be online by fall. I'm almost done. Dan Brown is a cool guy, and behind the melodrama, is a lot of the more "easy-to-understand" truth, but each novel goes further.

Again, I will say, "walk out of mediaevalism" and then look around you.

Best wishes,
C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Primarch
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 122
Spelled Number: 43
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Who I have become
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Primarch
Zodiac:

GothamNightingale wrote:
Adelphia wrote:
Outside monotheism, demons have a long history of interfering in the affairs of the physical world and the lives of people, though not always with the goal of subverting souls. They act as tricksters and create annoying disturbances. More seriously, they cause illnesses, insanity, disasters, and bad luck. Some hold long-standing grudges against humanity. The djinn of Arabian lore, for example, say they were the original inhabitants of Earth and were evicted by God in favor of humans. They want their homeland returned and some of them carry out guerilla warfare and terrorism against humans to that end.
You know, just seeing this, makes me think that this could easily be a reason for why there is an unusually large amount of conflict, terrorism, and human pain out in the Middle East... 2cr Even on a small scale, such as a house, where the spirits are sad and/or angry, they can cause all the people living there and sometimes even the neighbors to be less happy, more angry, more conflict.. ect. If there are angry djinn in the middle east who want their homeland back, that would make an awful lot of sense...

Course, then I immediately wonder why they take it out on humans instead of the god who evicted them... 2an guess we're easier targets...
This is interesting because it sort of sounds very similar to the Fallen Angels thing with the djinn, not exactly, but then again nearly every religion in every country had a "Noah's Ark" type of story that, though not always identical, had enough similarities to make you wonder.

I do not have a djinn and it might be a while before I get one. Can someone who has a good connection with one of theirs maybe ask about this and see what they have to say about it?

Okay, I'm going to give up trying to list them. Too many to properly list. Maybe I'll try more generically:

11 Angels | 15 Creatures | 4 Tower Watchers | 8 Lares | 2 Succubus | 4 Unicorns | 6 Dragons | 48 Fae | 8 Gargoyles | 1 Loa | 4 Nymphos | 6 Sprites | 1 Vampire | 4 Werewolves
surest
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Will be back.

Esoteric scientist

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Interestingly enough, the very first definition of "Demones" was what we call "Angels" today. Personally, I think it is one of those fuzzy words that have "Zillions" of specific and/or non-specific definitions, and as such, the whole thing is worthless. The actual name s/b used....and in some areas you have collective spirits...thus a single large group with only a group name and no individual names.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Ruby wrote: Limited, I know, but it's because in the Vietnamese context, the word "ma" means ghost, where as when you add another word to it, "ma gui" means demons. "Gui" by itself doesn't have much of a meaning, but added to the word ghost, it basically means bad ghost. Bad ghost pretty much means anything that's not an angel, "tien," god, "than" (sp?), or human, "nguoi."
This is one of the difficulties in translating the names of the races to other languages which don't have similar concept, or on the other hand, the cultures with similar concept. One example, angel was equated to tennin/tennyo in Japan.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."

Return to “Spirit Research”