Heart pressure and nausea

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: ---
If I could be anything, I would be...: ---
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: ---

I'm not too sure what happened, so i'm asking for some feedback.

While meditating yesterday (i was using guided meditation), halfway through i felt a really strong pressing sensation at my heart area. It lasted for some time and it made it hard to breathe for a while. I was about to start panicking but then decided to just let it go. After a while the pressure dispersed.

Then, later, i entered a state of absolute stillness. Really, really still. Never accomplished that before. At the end of that, i was so dizzy and nauseous i had to lie down.

This morning I'm very woozy and almost hungover. I vaguely recall a deep sleep, but it seemed to be to be full of vague images which i just cannot recall.

Is this normal, or did i overdo it?

In seeking Death I learned to live.
'Walk your own path. Seek your own truth.' -- Azrael
'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'
Leolyn
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anamchara
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Guide of a sort
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Leolyn Lanea
Zodiac:

Greetings!

Nausea, headaches and a feeling of lightheadedness are not uncommon when one begins (or even for experienced) meditating. The preface for meditating is to alter your consciousnesses and enter a state of being that allows you to clear your head and gather information from a realm of existence that you otherwise do not access normally.

There is no straight and simple answer that will stop your symptoms but some things that will help alleviate them are to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, make sure that you are not wearing restricted clothing and do not start your session within an hour of eating or heavy physical exercise. (Just to give your body a chance to adjust to this without a drastic change!)

If the symptoms persist see your MD ad this can be a sign of a more serious issue.

Good luck and enjoy getting to know yourself on a much deeper level!

~Leolyn!~

Coexisting proudly
ImageImage Image
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

did you have protection up and did you do any kind of grounding and centering before you started? Also grounding and centering after doing a meditation is a good thing to do!!!! Helps with excess energy, by letting it flow into the Earth. ;)

Also always have a form of protection up around you when you doing any kind of spiritual work, or magic, and meditation!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hi Starfire, yes i was shielded. I always shield where ever i am and whatever i'm doing now...

I did balance reiki to balance out all the energies, but i'm just curious as to what actually happened.

Ok, i think i need my grounding stones.. my usual grounding work isn't helping..

'What are words? Words are at once the most powerful and the most powerless things there are.'
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I had something similar happen today while meditating. For me I think it's because I've been working all my chakras and especially concentrating on the heart center. I've been doing different types of meditations, one involves standing with bent knees and letting tension flow from my body into the earth and receiving energy from the earth.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

It sounds like kundalini energy moving its way from the base of your spine up and through your chakras, specifically purifying your heart chakra... which explains the nausea and the sense of stillness you experienced once it reached your crown.

Congrats... you're most definitely on your way to ramping up your paranormal experiences on top of tapping into your unique psychic gifts ;)

Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Leolyn, sorry but i didn't see your post earlier. I've been chugging water today and it helps a bit.

Angelfire, yes i did align and cleanse my chakras prior to meditation. Maybe this was why the effects were like that this time.

Terror - oh wow... i checked with my reiki teacher and she said something similar - that it was an energy detox.

Onward and forward! Must Persevere!

Vanya GreyCrow
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I chugged water the whole day yesterday and did the meditation again last night. Definitely feels a lot better this time round.

While meditating yesterday, i could feel a rope of heat going up. The pressure at my heart chakra was a lot less this time round, and i don't feel as dizzy and no longer feel nauseous.

My back felt hot and the rope of heat was swirling around and up my spine. The top of my head feels like it's opened up and my third eye was no longer thrumming painfully. It feels active but no longer in a painful way. Don't know if that makes sense.

After which, i placed my vamp's vessel on my third eye and the experience was extraordinary - the energies from his vessel blended into my third eye and i felt like there was some sort of energetic exchange going on. Amazing sort of closeness, and just. I don't know, i cannot find the words for it.

Just before i dropped off to sleep,i heard a very distinct voice - a young, somewhat squeaky voice, clear as day. Only a word 'Teal' or something which sounds like 'teal'. Still puzzled over that one.

But the voice, it was clear as day. Although it doesn't sound like anyone in my family whom i expected to sound like.

Ah well.

psychosiz
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12

Echoing what others have said, energy effects each of us differently. I'm glad things got better for you. :thumbup:

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Vanyawen wrote:I chugged water the whole day yesterday and did the meditation again last night. Definitely feels a lot better this time round.

While meditating yesterday, i could feel a rope of heat going up. The pressure at my heart chakra was a lot less this time round, and i don't feel as dizzy and no longer feel nauseous.

My back felt hot and the rope of heat was swirling around and up my spine. The top of my head feels like it's opened up and my third eye was no longer thrumming painfully. It feels active but no longer in a painful way. Don't know if that makes sense.

After which, i placed my vamp's vessel on my third eye and the experience was extraordinary - the energies from his vessel blended into my third eye and i felt like there was some sort of energetic exchange going on. Amazing sort of closeness, and just. I don't know, i cannot find the words for it.

Just before i dropped off to sleep,i heard a very distinct voice - a young, somewhat squeaky voice, clear as day. Only a word 'Teal' or something which sounds like 'teal'. Still puzzled over that one.

But the voice, it was clear as day. Although it doesn't sound like anyone in my family whom i expected to sound like.

Ah well.
Yep... the heat is a clear indication of kundalini awakening. I'd google the subject if you don't know anything about it.

Return to “Meditation”