Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

They are circumventions of a board policy we have in "is this spirit real?" services that are bought & paid for by collectors for others to "read" their vessels. And spirit reading services are something we don't promote or advocate at all.

These kinds of threads are the kinds of threads that come off as authenticating another seller's work. Which is not okay. We've already stated time and time again that practitioners do not reveal their methods and there could be cloaking spells on the bindings like we do. In that case the people reading for you (whether its forum members or a paid service) could be reading an unbound spirit or another spirit, and you are just going to have a confusing, messed up situation! Relationships between spirits & their Keepers have been destroyed with these kinds of situations because you are putting a LOT of trust that they are reading the right thing.

These types of threads are, in future, are not welcome here. If you want to discuss them on other forums, that's up to you guys, but frankly, as an owner of the board I don't want the liability of the sellers of these vessels & bindings seeing these threads and thinking that CH is trying to be judge & jury of other seller's works. We don't need that kind of trouble. I can only imagine how angry they can get reading that members are evaluating their work.

If you don't know what kind of spirit is in your vessel:

1. Contact the ORIGINAL seller and ask them for the details, this is the best & most accurate solution
2. If you were given the information but you doubt what they say, then you should spend some time bonding & doing what you need to do to get into contact with the spirit
3. Absolutely nothing is going to replace you developing your own skills in interacting with spirits, NOTHING. If you plan to be a Keeper who lets other people read your vessels & tell you what is going on with your journey then you can expect to get a lot of different, conflicting answers, and end up being frustrated by the results from all the different spirit readers. I've personally seen this play out to epic proportions in 2009, which caused multiple people to leave Spirit Keeping because of it. I wouldn't let anyone rob me of something I want, and I hate to see you guys being robbed of being a Spirit Keeper because you let your responsibilities fall to someone else/others.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

On 3 , Well to be fair, there are some people that are actually capable of giving accurate readings on spirit, despite the cloaking or perceptions that filter, and can greatly assist one in communication via medium. This may be different from directly bonding with the spirit which I see nothing wrong with if a person has a strong reason to take the information being received for more then a grain. I have always gotten super accurate spirit readings.

Otherwise I agree with the rest on liability..

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

On 3 , Well to be fair, there are some people that are actually capable of giving accurate readings on spirit, despite the cloaking or perceptions that filter, and can greatly assist one in communication via medium.
I respectfully disagree. Perhaps this is because I know some background material on how spirit readers in 2009 were utilizing the forum, seller's listings (on their sites & on eBay), questions asked in this forum & other social groups, to glean a pretty darn good picture of what the spirit was like, how it was described, and what the Keeper was like from their posts, and gave an accurate reading because they were smart enough to do the research before answering. ;) There's some psychic readers who do this too, it's very clever. Sometimes there's more than what you think to a situation, and we don't speak publicly on everything we know because there's no reason for it, but a reader isn't going to read through ANY cloaking WITHOUT the spirit's permission, and not all spirits are going to give permission. Could a spirit come through & talk to the reader? Absolutely, but you can't guarantee it's going to happen every time. That's the point. It's all up to the spirit to decide who they want to talk to and if they don't want prying eyes then they aren't going to respond. And you can't guarantee an unbound isn't responding.

This may be different from directly bonding with the spirit which I see nothing wrong with if a person has a strong reason to take the information being received for more then a grain. I have always gotten super accurate spirit readings.
Spirit Keepers need to take responsibility for themselves. It doesn't mean everyone is going to have the ability right away, and that's okay, that is what communities like this are for, to help others develop their abilities. Before the internet came along Spirit Keepers had to figure it out with others in a much, much smaller group who communicated via paper & telephone (and this was back when long distance was paid by the minute).

When you decide to become a Spirit Keeper the spirit is responding to YOU, not to third parties. They want to be with YOU. That means you are accepting the companionship and relationship to be together. A spirit is WELL aware of what you're capabilities are when they decide to be with you. They aren't going to be surprised. They make themselves known as often as they can and in ways they believe you will acknowledge & recognize.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

That is a great thread for reference to this :thumbup:

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

I have to say I agree with Magnolia on this one.

It was one thing when people would post for the fun of it BUT rules are in place for a reason.
A very good reason.

No one can replace you the keeper when it comes to reading. do you honestly want to rely on someone else telling you whats going on in your life or do you want to grow and learn and take care of your own business?

I mean it is fun to guess whats in a vessel sometimes but people take it WAY to seriously.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
souloffire
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 8
If I could be anything, I would be...: demi-god
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sio
Zodiac:

This is exactly why I want to develop my communication skills.I don't want to rely on anyone to tell me.This has caused me some frustrations as I've been told certain things I've gotten are likely empty or certain sellers sell duds but who's policing the police if you know what I mean.So instead I am going to take certain things as a grain of salt and hope that I progress to the point that I can myself decipher what's going on.No offense to anyone but lately I've been struggling with this myself.

Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 115
Spelled Number: 150
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grimmy!!
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mesa Hema
Zodiac:

I agree.
While sometimes we feel the need to rush things, our Spirits have a deeper knowledge of the best time/place/situation to manifest to us.
I think we just need to relax & enjoy the bonding experience. Waiting for them & the right time instead of blowing them up with a spotlight before we're ready. Sooner or later... it's worth it.

Here's my experience: I got a Custom Vampire a long while back. I felt nothing. I tried to bond, but nothing. So I paid a small fee to have the vessel "read" and that came back as "I sense nothing is there." BUT! I still spent time with it. I just couldn't believe I bought an empty vessel from this seller. After a few months I finally had a manifestation (and a few more since) so... they aren't always accurate. Especially if the seller uses protection on the vessel or the Spirit just doesn't want to be seen.

And for those who want to have someone else "read" our Spirits/vessels/etc. there are others in the Marketplace that do this for a fee. Although, I don't recommend it - best advice is to deal with a REPUTABLE seller so there's no reservations. As far as "read my vessel" threads, I don't have this gift so they are not something I regularly participate in. I believe the best person to know what's there is the one that holds it (seller & keeper).

~Ivy Onyx East (aka: dollybil)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Most of the time, vessel readings are entertaining but I've had headaches with people hounding me about whether what they've bought is spirited and what it is and why it's there and so on. Sometimes, I thought of just tossing out a random spirit type and moving on, but that would be devious of me... but really! It's not like they don't have what it takes to do the reading themselves.

Then there's the thing about people picking up a ring from an antique store and asking whether or not anything's inside. Even that's a bit in the gray area because, like Magnolia said, not every spirit will be willing to speak with just ANYONE. Then there's the thing about the piece of jewelry just having nothing. It could be residual energy from the previous wearer or you just thinking that there's energy because it looks pretty.

Anyway, I am fully behind the thing about what goes on between keeper and spirit is between keeper and spirit. Frankly sometimes I glance at a vessel and I can just feel the brushoff, regardless of what spirit or spelled item it is, because I don't want to know what's going on. Most people doing vessel readings expect positive readings like "Oh she/he's very happy with you" or "Oh, how handsome!" and so on, what do you do when to happen to pick up something negative? You don't wanna tell that person because you don't want to hurt their feelings, besides, you could be wrong, and it's not your place to tell the keeper that their spirit wants to leave them.

I've rambled enough. Blegh.
I've had my fun with vessel readings... and frankly I do feel a bit self-conscious baring my kiddos' vessels to other people. Feels like I'm just throwing out my energy and saying, "Have a bite!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

I know for a fact that most of my spirits and entities will not show themselves to anyone else, unless someone is being really nasty towards me, and that has happened awhile back, actually a couple of years back, and of all things it was a very peved courtwind who showed herself to this person in a dream, and the said person retired a few months later!!! So I can only imagine what my black dragon, a few of my vampires, and my pedula dragon not to mention some youkais and tengue, and kistune would do!!!! :ohcrap: Not to mention a few others like wraith, volkhs, werewolves, hell hounds, basilisks, naga, sabertooth, and a few others, like my harpy, gezzz....would not want to be that person!!!!

A lot of our spirits will not talk or show themselves to anyone but their keeper, and they know how to do it so we know it is them!!!!! That is why I always say keep track of your dreams and to pay attention to the little things going on around you!!!! ;) Also your thoughts as well!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
StarsmacK
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire.
My magical/paranormal name...: Akacia
Zodiac:

Killarican wrote:On 3 , Well to be fair, there are some people that are actually capable of giving accurate readings on spirit, despite the cloaking or perceptions that filter, and can greatly assist one in communication via medium. This may be different from directly bonding with the spirit which I see nothing wrong with if a person has a strong reason to take the information being received for more then a grain. I have always gotten super accurate spirit readings.

Otherwise I agree with the rest on liability..
I agree with you.

Discretion should be used when choosing someone to do spirit readings, but discretion should be used in almost all situations in life. There's no guarantee that the spirit will talk to the reader, of course, but that doesn't mean it can't happen. Some readers have psychic gifts that allow them to read spirits naturally. If there's someone on this forum that isn't open to that as a possible fact, I'd say they're in the wrong place. This is a paranormal community after all, we should all be open-minded.

§†år § m å ¢K ☆

Return to “Dark Arts”