Great Grandmother used to be a healer..

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
Natasha
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^_^
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Midnight
Zodiac:

(I didn't know where to put this topic). I was speaking to my mother earlier, and she was telling me how my Great Grandmother was a healer. That whenever my mother got hurt, let's say she fell on her wrist and hurt it, my grandmother would grab her wrist, massage it, and speak in some sort of tongue lowly. The pain would immediately go away. When my mother asked her if she could teach her how to do that, my grandmother responded with "I can't do that." She passed away a couple of years ago being 97 years old. Now knowing she was very wise, I want to get in contact with her. I would like to speak to her and know more about her previous ways, but don't know what to do. Any advice?

My Current growing family, [1] Werewolf, [1] Sterling Angel, [1] Hellhound, [2] Sang Vamp, [1] Silver Dragon, [1] Spider Vamp, [1] Suscitatio Vamp, [1] Psy Vamp! :heart:
must.have.more.
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Natasha wrote:(I didn't know where to put this topic). I was speaking to my mother earlier, and she was telling me how my Great Grandmother was a healer. That whenever my mother got hurt, let's say she fell on her wrist and hurt it, my grandmother would grab her wrist, massage it, and speak in some sort of tongue lowly. The pain would immediately go away. When my mother asked her if she could teach her how to do that, my grandmother responded with "I can't do that." She passed away a couple of years ago being 97 years old. Now knowing she was very wise, I want to get in contact with her. I would like to speak to her and know more about her previous ways, but don't know what to do. Any advice?
That's really beautiful! I wonder why she couldn't pass it on... maybe it was an innate talent and she was at a loss as to how to teach it?

You could light candles to your ancestors, and specifically to her. You could look up spells for speaking with the dead, you could try connecting with her telepathically, through automatic writing, or various means, or you could find a reputable medium - perhaps a spiritualist church or group near you may be able to help you contact her if you are unable to do so yourself.

Then there is also CH's ancestral bindings. They do something like an open conjuration to see which of your ancestors would like to be bound... although this is for ancestors more distant in time, perhaps you could ask for a custom and see if they could contact her specifically. She may or may not want to be bound, but even if she does not want to be bound, it could still help bring her closer to you.

There is also this CH magickal to help you connect with your ancestors:
http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... 100&page=1

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
Leolyn
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anamchara
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Guide of a sort
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Leolyn Lanea
Zodiac:

Have you thought of asking to have her conjured? Or perhaps you can hold a seance?

~Leolyn!~

Coexisting proudly
ImageImage Image
Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

She may still be around, even as a spirit guide, so look out for signs. These items may boost your connection:

http://shop.creepyhollows.com/search.ph ... rch&page=1

You could also request her as a custom human spirit binding.

Good luck!

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Unless you have the healing gift, I cannot teach you healing. If you cannot see, and cannot manipulate energy in THIS SPECIFIC WAY, I cannot teach you. That is what your grandmother meant to say to your mother... Your mother is not a healer. She doesn't have the gift. Sometimes it skips generations. Sometimes it doesn't. I got my healing hands from my father, but I couldn't teach someone who doesn't also have the gift of healing how to do what I do. I really, truly, literally, couldn't do that.
However, that was your mother. You might try to find someone who can read Gifts to see if you, yourself have this gift... if you do, your grandmother may show up on her own to teach you. My father's father showed up to teach me, when it was time. I also had an angel, several guides, another healer on this plane, and a few Gods involved.
Hope this makes more sense...
Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Natasha
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^_^
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Midnight
Zodiac:

That's what I am curious about. To see if it skipped a generation and the gift was given to me. My grandmother named me too, I feel as if she had a connection with me before she passed, but I was merely 4 years old.

My Current growing family, [1] Werewolf, [1] Sterling Angel, [1] Hellhound, [2] Sang Vamp, [1] Silver Dragon, [1] Spider Vamp, [1] Suscitatio Vamp, [1] Psy Vamp! :heart:
must.have.more.
phnxlvr87
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nymphos
If I could be anything, I would be...: Woodland Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

In my family it skips two generations before manifesting again, so I have to rely on notes written in Spanish (I don't read Spanish). While my grandmother doesn't have any healing gifts, she can translate and when I get stuck I do get visits from my great grandmother about how to approach a situation.

luctor et emergo

Image image by Corey Ford

2 Phoenix, 3 Elves, 5 Fae, 5 Dragons, 2 Psy Vampires, 3 Nymphos, 2 Gargoyles, 2 Gregori. 1 each: Duojna, Fylgia, Volkh, Amphisbaenia, Caladrius, Aesclepius, Gryphon, Gnome, Dosojin, Galen, Sylvan, Freya, Thor, Aphrodite, Shaman, Boobrie, Cambion, Astral Djinn, Fortuna, mystery spirit.
pathtosirius
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: None

You can try to "reconnect" with her specifically. My grandfather who is a shaman and healing master was my spirit guide for this life. He moved on, as I helped on with his and my ancestor's journey, as it is time for mine. My soul has done healing for most of it's journey, and i do have the "ability".

From what I feel, it is possible she is with you. You can start to work on any healing modalities you feel drawn to, such as Reiki or others. Gradually, if you have that natural gift, it will grow with time.

Why I felt that she might be with you is because even though have never met my grandfather, I had that "connection" with him ever since I was young. You can "call out" to her specifically, and try to just talk with her for starters. Most importantly, you will need to tap into your gifts!

Ayris7
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: human
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy
My magical/paranormal name...: Ayri

My grandmother, too, was a healer. To her walked our half-city.

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”