Yrk
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Beyond the theory and speculation of written works, i'd be more interested in hearing what these beings themselves have to say about such claims. Has anyone tried asking Lucifer or Enki directly?

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Good question, yes, fwiw I have. I summoned him as Enki and he said he prefers to be called Lucifer now. After all it has been quite a while since he was widely known as Enki.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
cmichael
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries

I don't know why but I read two lines and started crying. Something about this is very emotional to me.

Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

::bump::

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
brunettehunni
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Queen of Vampires
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:Many people have come to the conclusion that the ancient Sumerian god Enki is the same being who later became known as Lucifer. This thread is to explore that connection.

Here is a bit of info to start it off:

"There are two others in the Sumerian pantheon of extreme interest: Enlil and Enki. They had the same father (Anu), but two different mothers. And guess what? These step-brothers didn't get along!

According to Sumerian texts (as detailed in Genesis of the Grail Kings [1]), Anu made a decision:

“The gods had clasped their hands together,

Had cast lots and had divided.

Anu then went up to heaven.

To Enlil the Earth was made subject.

The seas, enclosed as with a loop,

They had given to Enki, the Prince of Earth.”

Laurence Gardner points out:

“Enki was not happy about his brother’s promotion because, although Enlil was the elder of the two, his mother (Ki) was Anu’s junior sister, whereas Enki’s mother (Antu) was the senior sister. True kingship, claimed Enki, progressed as a matrilineal institution through the female line, and by this right of descent Enki maintained that he was the first born of the royal succession.”

“I am the great brother of the gods.

I am he who has been born as the first son of the divine Anu.”

Thus, through pride and envy Enki was discontent and sought to be "top dog." In this myth, we see a similarity between God being personified as the character of Enlil and Lucifer as Enki. And there is no shortage of interesting information out there depicting who did what amongst the people of earth and when. But what I find most interesting is the fact that Enki is depicted as essentially the "good guy" - the one who both created mankind as well as offered him wisdom and knowledge.

In his book, The Gods of Eden, William Bramley [2] noted,

“We therefore find Ea [Enki] as the reputed culprit who tried to teach early man (Adam) the way to spiritual freedom. This suggests that Ea intended his creation, Homo sapiens, to be suited for Earth labor, but at some point he changed his mind about using spiritual enslavement as a means.”

While Enki is credited for having created Adam and Eve, Enlil is depicted as the one who created Eden. And from a Biblical perspective, it was Enki who was the serpent in the garden offering spiritual enlightenment by offering the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. When they did eat the "forbidden fruit," it was Enlil who drove them out of the Garden. Enki then came to their aide and clothed them. Throughout the Sumerian texts, it is Enlil who is depicted as the stand-offish one who lets his people suffer. He is the one who causes the problems. Enki is depicted as the good guy, the savior, the angel of light. Wikipedia describes him:

Enki was considered a god of life and replenishment, and was often depicted with two streams of water emanating from his shoulders, one the Tigris, the other the Euphrates. Alongside him were trees symbolizing the female and male aspects of nature, each holding the female and male aspects of the 'Life Essence', which he, as apparent alchemist of the gods, would masterfully mix to create several beings that would live upon the face of the earth.

In character Enki is not a jester or trickster god, he is never a cheat, and although fooled, he is not a fool. Enki uses his magic for the good of others when called upon to help either a deity or a human. Enki is always true to his own essence as a masculine nurturer. He is fundamentally a trouble-shooter god, and avoids or disarms those who bring conflict and death to the world. He is the mediator whose compassion and sense of humor breaks and disarms the wrath of his stern half-brother, Enlil, king of the gods."
http://www.babylonrisingblog.com/Godvsgod2.html

This info came from born-again fundamentalist Christian slanted material, which has some good research within it! lol. I have other material but this was open on my desktop already :) Please contribute or share your thoughts.
It is interesting that Enki wants to be known as Lucifer. I know who you are and am pleased with your work Adelphia. I was wrong about a lot of things until I really looked into it. Things have changed. I have as well. Just wanted to tell you I adore your work. :)

Kharma
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

::nice::

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

LiVe YoUr LiFe ThRu YoUr OwN EyEs

“Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death”
Angelite
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

How interesting that this should be bumped up on Forum after more than a year.
And right after I watched 'Ancient Aliens' about cults.
Enki is put across as an ET who seeked to enlighten humans, who were formed as some sort of 'slave race', for the benefit of ETs. The morphed visual depiction of Enki as an alien is uncanny to say the least.
Historical records show Sumeria to be an organized urban civilization with culture, tools, agriculture and a writing system.
The show credits this evolution to the enlightenment provided by Enki. It also draws parallels between Enki and Gods of other cultures and to the Norse trickster God, Loki.

KNOWLEDGE, TRUTH, LOVE & LIGHT.

Bounteous Blessings,
Angelite

ImageImage

LadyAmalthea
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I rather like Joy of Satan. They have a lot of great info. I am not sure about Satan and HIS Demons being ETs but a lot of the other stuff rings true.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Joy of Satan are affiliated with the nazi party and hold generally anti-semitic views. Which they really don't hide and by now is widely recognized.

JoS may or may not say things that make sense, I have no opinion on the ET thing or whatever else. But from what many have deduced they are out to recruit and nothing of more depth.

In any case I would recommend to anyone, form your own opinions outside of organized group-thought - do not adhere to any one thing because that suggests any one thing can get it right, which points to one belief being more right than another.. and that's silly.

4bluefaeries
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 2047
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: love them all
If I could be anything, I would be...: immortal/hybrid
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Just call me Blue!
Zodiac:

Hears my question ,if Enki, is also considered possibly Lucifer, does that mean in the CH shop the binding of Enki, you are really getting Lord Lucifer then? 8Z

Life is what you make of it.fight for what you believe in.never give up
Heaven doesn't want me , hell is afraid i am going to take over!!

Return to “Black Arts”