You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

IMO what ebay needs to do is create a sub-company for the metaphysical such that they are only a conduit with no liability... the seller needs to be held accountable so that it reduces the profit of the frauds.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:
Morag Rockwind wrote:Then keep fighting. Some of you should sue them.
I agree with this. Where's the fighting spirit? Ebay is where a lot of people throughout the past 7 years have come to discover such spelled and spirited items! If we let them put an end to it then think of all the people it will impact who will possibly now never be introduced to this side of the paranormal?

I don't buy it's a cost issue, because they take such a large chunk, and there are so many sales, some even in the range of thousands of dollars alone. So I do think it is an issue of freedom, perhaps framed in the sense of religious freedom or freedom of beliefs.
I believe it is that and the ones ripping people off as well.

You know when I first saw these kind of things being sold on ebay, the thought did cross my mind on how long the religions would let this go on without causing a stink about it!!! After all it was not for the lay people to know about these kinds of things!!!!

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I think that instead of getting rid of the entire category, they change the rules so that the listing cannot make the fabulous claims that some of them make. We all know that the spirits cannot make all of your problems go away. You must work on them, and they will assist you. There is a saying that says pray for a good harvest, but keep on hoeing.

This is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. They are getting rid of the good sellers along with the frauds. A true keeper can tell the frauds from the genuine because of the wording.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Regarding the religious stuff, if they ban paranormal spirited items, they would have to also ban Catholic holy relics and blessed items such as medals and rosaries, etc. Can't ban one without banning the other and if they dare to do that, that is when there is grounds for a lawsuit. Maybe some of the legal minds on the forum can weigh in on this. Because one thing is for sure, Ebay will not be banning Catholic religious paraphernalia in this proposed change that we are hearing about.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
Zodiac:

People keep saying sue them, but the fact is ebay is a private company and they are not obligated to let anyone use their service if they don't want to.

It sucks but its life. Going on a privately owned website is like going into someone's house. You play by their rules or get kicked out. Unless they are causing harm to you or scamming you or breaking some other law, you can't do squat.

And they don't have to honor all religions- they aren't run by the government.

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Probably some of the different articles online making fun of things offered for sale on eBay may also play a part in the decision http://www.cafemom.com/articles/in_the_ ... _content=0

Bjorg
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Leda Coral
Zodiac:

AngelFire wrote:Probably some of the different articles online making fun of things offered for sale on eBay may also play a part in the decision http://www.cafemom.com/articles/in_the_ ... _content=0
I agree, I have seen a lot of these article lately. Seems the trend to add the metaphysical in these 'bashing' stuff sold on ebay articles. Part of me really believes the article is geared to make fun of the metaphysical/paranormal things, but they just add in the extras for flare.

Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man.
Psy Vampire from paternal side; Woodland Fae, Merfolk from maternal lineage.
Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

Well I can say one thing....when my Ebay PURCHASES says roughly $2800 in the last 60 days...they will lose me as that kind of buyer....and I know there are people out there whose metaphysical purchases top mine by far. Sellers AND buyers in the metaphysical category can bring a lot of money to Ebay. This just furthers the hate part of my relationship with them. Ugh....there are A LOT of great metaphysical sellers out there on Ebay and I don't want to see them go. Guess the masses will need to petition again. They should just amend part of the buyer protection policy that if you buy a "haunted", "spirited", or "enchanted", etc. vessel, you are on your own...UNLESS it is completely demolished enroute, non-delivery, or other normal circumstances needing buyer protection.

Integrity is tough.....
A buyer doesn't want to invest in an empty vessel and a seller doesn't want a spirited vessel returned empty... if you get what I mean.....
Trust has to go both ways and I guess either end is bound to get burned at least once....

<Sigh>
Scordra

Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

Adelphia wrote:Regarding the religious stuff, if they ban paranormal spirited items, they would have to also ban Catholic holy relics and blessed items such as medals and rosaries, etc. Can't ban one without banning the other and if they dare to do that, that is when there is grounds for a lawsuit. Maybe some of the legal minds on the forum can weigh in on this. Because one thing is for sure, Ebay will not be banning Catholic religious paraphernalia in this proposed change that we are hearing about.

Great point but you know they'll get around it by saying those aren't spirited and are used or were used for religious reasons. They'll say there's no problem with a rosary because you're not saying it is enchanted to open a portal to God or remove the pain of losing a loved one.....regardless of what traditional purpose prayer beads, malas, gaus, etc. relics may be used for....it's that you're selling the physical item, not advertising/selling a non-physical item with it....

Ugh....

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I think this is a positive thing. For one I'd like to think spirit collectors are the few in the know. Two, I would love to see your marketplace full of practioners that are well known on CH and get the pay off for respecting CH. Wouldn't that be the best Karma for CH lovers and haters? It can also be an opportunity to start over with broken relationships between metaphysical sellers and CH.

There are also a lot of fake haunted sellers on ebay and it is just too easy too delete your account and create a new one. At least the marketplace has some screening. This forum is a little more transparent as we can observe our member's behavior when under fire. Also, people who sell and trade "souls" just give the metaphysical world a bad name, IMO.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Return to “eBay/Etsy/Bonanaza/Website Auctions & Listings”