Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

ALL OF WHAT is being said here does not yet mention the need of independency from the various selling sources that work very much like a yard sale. There are selling patterns that have been used for many decades and ways to place actual energy force into advertising...but I have yet to come across almost anyone who simply doesn't want to spend the time doing some actual studying and reading...

Then we have the bigger issue is how to handle incoming Cr*p thru new thinking and bold strategies. This issue (Metaphysical Selling) has come up in different forms (periodically) from ca. 1850 - 1870s - 1912 - 1923 - late 1930s - 1960s - 1970s ....and the a full attack from Christian Fascism.

In the 1950s and 1960s there wer people who could step out onto the street and literally change society....all these people were murdered (JFK) or died (Burroughs, LEary, Ginsberg, Warhol)...

It is easier to change-grow-expand human perception than it is to beg for your slice of the pie from people, who at best have no interest in your success at anything and at any time

The metaphysical market is self-defined through several subgroups defined by function not by sellers. What are they? Look and try to find out

The metaphysical market is stabilized by its own growth......and efforts to create this stabilization have been weak and puny compared to what the garment industry did about 100 years ago.

In the past, I have mentioned a bunch of ways this sort of thing (Expansion of a market into stabilization) and even listed books.... absolutely no takers - my mistake was thinking that the "push" to recreate an entire culture (born in the 1950s and put into action in the 1960s and early 1970s) had returend...but clearrly this is not true - ene now when THE Energy has returned - this "Possible Change" is still in a cryo lab...with an I.D. tage on it......its time for creative thinking in this area...so do your own research or wait for the new form of book-burning and destruction of learning...instead of physical fire...the dying culture has discovered microwave addiction... as a way to destroy creative thinking on an advanced level....Because in this realm, people are now afraid to ever feel silence or long forms of continuity....ongoing 7 second interruption via microwave etc....is it.

There is no point in buying a sword or a wand
made of cold fire, unless you know how to use it...

ASk yourself: Am I satisfied with my own learning curve?
And assuming that the answer is yes, if the answer lasts
more than 3 days, then it means you are out of the game.

Lawsuits? Surely you jest .....3 years of delays...with side issues will bankrupt the person doing this and its free advertising for
the company or organization..

Very BEst Wishes as this is hard stuff...but it is real stuff...

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Regarding the religious stuff, if they ban paranormal spirited items, they would have to also ban Catholic holy relics and blessed items such as medals and rosaries, etc. Can't ban one without banning the other and if they dare to do that, that is when there is grounds for a lawsuit. Maybe some of the legal minds on the forum can weigh in on this. Because one thing is for sure, Ebay will not be banning Catholic religious paraphernalia in this proposed change that we are hearing about.
Scordra already said what I was thinking... they are targeting listings where the item's value isn't for what it actually is, it's for the binding you cannot see or verify is there. eBay deals with a vast amount of chargebacks because of the number of sellers that claim absolutely outrageous things in their auctions & listings. And the fraudulent sellers will run multiple IDs at a time. They have been looking into this issue as well, which effect eBay as a whole, but even moreso the metaphysical category independently.

Let's also not forget the sites that have blatantly said they were going to post fake, metaphysical listings for "pizza money". I still have all those screenshots from that forum. Multiple members on that site were going to post fake listings just to see what they could get, and if they sold a few items you know they likely didn't stop, and that means that if they each opened multiple IDs that alone would account for 10-20 accounts (depending on how many IDs they opened, assuming 2 or 3).

EBay is a private company, it is to their sole discretion who they allow to sell & who they don't. In some cases all it takes is a few rotten apples to spoil the entire barrel, and this is what is happening.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Spitfire
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 35
Zodiac:

When this does happen, would it be logical to assume that since so many fought to have this open and available that like minded individuals would do something about it?
Such as creating their own web site to sell things of this nature, exactly like CH did.

It's really terrible to let something as life changing as this go to waste because of a few people...

A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Then keep fighting.
It's already being done, but, the responses are blanket, pre-drafted responses, and proclamations of upholding eBay policy to their discretion. That is the key, right now, they are doing this at their discretion. Which means they haven't made the site-wide changes, yet.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Another point in fact: I have been ripped off by electronics sellers in ebay more than metaphysical sellers. I have ordered phones that didn't work, and the seller did not honor their money back policy, phones that were never shipped, and other things as well.

It is not just the paranormal community that has frauds.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:Another point in fact: I have been ripped off by electronics sellers in ebay more than metaphysical sellers. I have ordered phones that didn't work, and the seller did not honor their money back policy, phones that were never shipped, and other things as well.

It is not just the paranormal community that has frauds.
OMG I'm in total agreement here. My son loved Pokemon and a few years back I bought him a Pokemon Edition DS...well, I thought I did. It was suppose to be New In Box too. I'm not too savy on every electronic thing. It had the box, item looked new, the seals looked sealed, etc. Well, a few months later it wouldn't charge so I sent it into Nintendo to get it fixed for free *ahem*...Nintendo writes me back stating it's not even a Nintendo product. So, I got scammed and the seller wasn't even on Ebay anymore...they were selling some kind of Acai cr*p drinks on an external site. Ebay told me buyer protection went past the time I could file...and I was out about $200. Not to mention I had to buy my son a new DS...because it was my fault, not his. What really p'd me off the most? The Ebay rep tells me that I should EBAY the boot legged DS system. REALLY? I was angered by this...I would NEVER do that to someone. I figured if I ever did list it on Ebay, I'd write in the listing that "as per Ebay's customer service rep (I have his name) I'm selling this boot legged NON-Nintendo fake...if anyone wanted it for parts, the case, whatever." I was dumbfounded that I would be told to list it on the site and what, screw someone else???

I know there are other pagan sites that sell tons of metaphysical stuff....but they are less known and you know what though? If Ebay does push such a measure that forbids or makes it extremely difficult to sell metaphysical items, these other sites will just get more of an audience. Change always comes you just have to find a way to seize the advantage. I guess I'm going to start googling "pagan auction sites" and see what pops up....

I seriously hope Ebay takes more of a stance to alter some of their buyer protection policies or seller requirements or something rather than go to some sort of Prohibition level...we are a smart metaphysical community...let's put heads together and come up with something!!

Blessings,
Scordra

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

I added a "Marketplace Link" profile field for those of you who have Marketplace accounts :thumbup:

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

none of this will do any good

UNLESS & SOON

PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT A MARKET IS & HOW IT WORKS, and as I said more politely earlier. thr majority of people in the Metaphysical Community have not reached the level of wanting to know what a market is, particularly a niche MArket called The Metaphysical Market.....

When King Alfred the Great took over England he discovered that destruction of Wood Lots (for fuel, building, & etc) was the biggest crime in Merrie Ole England and that the courts were puting the AXE (that cut down the trees) on trial for doing the deed and for enticing the person to do it....Alfred (who also invented the first public education, consistent measurement (the inch - his thumB; the foot - his foot; and the yard - his arms spread wide apart; and shorter ships with inland waterway turning radius and thus defeated the Vikings).......

We are putting the axe on trial not the villains in the sense of wanting to change our relationship to the axe rather than the market status quo. And the proof of that is that everyone has ignored my post (believe me this is not hurt ego...I am way beyond that cr*p in my life) what it shows is a complete misunderstanding of independent markets and how they can work successfully...the best way to do it is to study the London Corn Guilds 1640s-50s...but there will be a "say What?" and couple of laughs and the mentioned information process is made invisible....

In the Saddharma Pundaricka Sutra there is the Buddhist story of when Shariputra asked Buddha: "Why so often is simple direct truth and useful knowledge ignored?"

And Shapyamuni Buddha replied: "There is a nice house. And inside several intelligent and good children are happy and going about their day playing. But the house is on fire and they do not realize it it. Someone runs in to tell them this, but the children laugh with gentle happiness and good will and say, "We see no fire. Why should we leave?' SO the person who has run in to save them says: ' Outside are wonderful toys waiting for you. They will pique your curiosity; they will show you great and wondrous beauty that is also much fun to enjoy....." And happily, the children leave the building and are saved...although they must now wonder why there are not these toys anywhere to be seen, and they politely ask about this. And the person who saved them said: 'The toys are greater then toys themselves, they are your own welll being, your continued ability to enjoy life, and the wonder of still knowing each other, and knowing that you are safe.' And Shariputra bowed to the Buddha and toddled off to write down this story I have just finished writing here now.

Cheers,
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
moondanceroriginals
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 65
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: faeries, djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: faerie

Thank you Magnolia for posting the Marketplace link in this thread and also to all of you for your thoughts on this whole eBay situation. I won't reiterate what a lot of you have already said, but I HEAR YA! As one of the authentic eBay sellers in the metaphysical category, it has always been a concern of ours having eBay as a primary source to sell our items, so we have opened a Marketplace store here, as well as will be launching our own website soon as well. I am so thankful that we can all talk to freely here, it's nice to be with such like minded people. It's time to get away from eBay, and letting them control our lives with their stupid policies and ever changing rules... Time for us to unite more as a community and this is a great forum for that.

We have been closely watching eBay for a long time now as well, and we are thinking that they may in fact do what some of you mentioned here, and take down a mass number of listings that contain their new "prohibited" sale items... We have been seeing it coming though as well. Not happy about it at all...really think it's unfair. But, as Magnolia mentioned, they can do what they want, legally speaking.

To my other seller friends, did any of you listen into the Town Hall meeting for eBay the other night? All the big guns there to rally support - for one another, not for their buyers or sellers in the least. Just making sure they could cover each others backs. They would cut the phone calls off, not answer the questions, or blatantly act like the question was different than what the seller was asking...It was clear that they don't care about the sellers concerns in the least.

Talk to you all later - it's time for me to hit the sack and stop ranting!

Love and light to you all friends,
Rebecca Moondancer
:peace: :rainbow: :heart:

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I got an email from Jules saying ebay as of Aug.30--NO MORE Magick, Spells, or Spirits on eBay! Right place, right time CH? Ermm...I think so.

"Man is what he sees in other people."

Return to “eBay/Etsy/Bonanaza/Website Auctions & Listings”