How can I help my family (severe physical pain)?

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
adrbourgeois
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Ariadne Thorne

I'm very bad with getting straight to the point, so please excuse this wordy post. :oops:

I've been browsing the forum for a couple months, and with the 50% sale, I was finally ready to buy my first spirit. I had a long talk with my mom about it, and much too my surprise she was very open-minded, supportive, and actually very interested in the paranormal. She used to be (or at least act) very religious (of the close-minded breed), but actually she told me in her home country, there were a lot of very open Spiritualists, and she'd always been a believer, just not a supporter. She told me she wasn't getting the answers she wanted/needed from her old mindset and lifestyle, and so now her and I are on this journey together. :D Well, this morning, my mom was complaining about her body aches, and it hit my that I could probably help her with all of her daily struggle with her body (or rather look for metaphysical means to)! And my dad! ::facepalm:: My parents both have a lot of physical issues that seriously affect their lives, and for some reason it never occurred to me before, so the idea that there are all new possibilities just makes me so dang happy.

So here's some of my mother's problems: among the strictly physical issues is arthritis, fibromyalgia, rheumatism, horrible knees from years of playing soccer, uneven hips, a bone in her shoulder that's about an inch longer than it's supposed to be, extremely swollen nerves (not sure if this is a result of everything else or a problem on its own, but she has to take prescription anti-inflammatory pills everyday). then there are they slightly mental issues, and i'm not sure if these might be treated in a more spiritual sense or something like that, but I'm going to list them anyway just in case: ADHD (very severe, i might be wrong but i think she has extreme hypertension), depression (she wasn't medicated for this aside from postpartum until after her mother died, but it is clinical, not just a result of environment). Those are the things I can think of, there might be more (she works a lot, so I haven't had the time to sit down and ask her to list everything). Now my father is disabled, and even though he does get a disability check, my mother has to work full time, and rarely can take extra days off. For personal reasons, my mom wasn't able to renew her teaching degree when she moved to the states, so she has to work as a waitress. Her hands are one of the most painful areas, second to her knees I believe, and waitressing involves heavy trays and lots of walking, so you can imagine the kind of pain my mom is in. And we live in a very humid state to top it off. My mom's nerve doctor tells her it's an act of God that she even gets out of bed everyday. I love her so much, and I know she's only pushing her body to make sure I can live as comfortably as possible, and I will do anything in my power (how ever little that may be) to help her. ::bleh::

My dad doesn't have as many issues as mom, but the ones he does have are doozies. He has degenerative disk disease (the disks in his back are slowly degenerating, leading to collapse and rupture). He was diagnosed with leukemia about 11 years ago, it was caught early on, so treatment only lasted about a year. But in that year, the hours upon hours of doing nothing but lying in a hospital bed caused a disk to rupture. I am almost positive he only has one disk that's ruptured, and I think he might have a few other with damage. There is also a pinched nerve in his back. His job was very physical, so he's retired on disability now, which means he doesn't move around much, which means he doesn't exercise often and keep his back muscles strong, WHICH MEANS it's getting worse. He can do yard work and be sore for a few days afterwards, but not in crippling pain. But then he can do something like reach for a bag of cotton balls on a shelf, and throw his back out to the point of being bedridden for a week. It can get so bad that he will call me from another room just to hand him the remote because he doesn't want to risk moving. Realistically speaking, there's a good chance he could end up in a wheelchair later in life if we don't do something. There is the option of surgery, but it's expensive, and it has to be done from the front to get to the place they need to work, which means moving around his vital organs. It also involves a lot of spine work. And it might not even make much of a difference. He used to be very laid back and relaxed (my mom tells me he was like me, and if that's true, it was near impossible to get him angry, but i was too young to remember him like this). But now he has anger management issues and can be very cold and mean. I mean if he was like my mom says, his attitude has gone from one end of the scale to the other. He's told me it's not because he's angry at us, he's just angry because the constant pain in his back is holding him back so much. All he does anymore is watch TV. Maybe relief of the pain will help, but is it possible that he needs more spiritual healing than physical? I know he needs both, but I don't know which one is priority. Kind of a dumb question, I doubt any of you can answer that from a text post. *sigh* He's been in remission for about 10 years, so the leukemia is not anything to worry about (or at least I really hope not). He also has a lot of skin issues, he's been to the dermatologists, and they can't figure out what it is. He breaks out in rashes. He has very sensitive skin, so for instance, even though he wears 100% cotton shirts, the polyester thread on the seam of the sleeves and collar will break him out. But he still breaks out in places where we can't seem to think of any way it's an allergic reaction. He can't even wear his seaman's cross that he wore everyday for almost 17 years, and sometimes he has to take off his wedding ring for weeks at a time, because his skin is just too irritated. :(

My mom is open to anything, she has all sorts of medication she takes everyday, but she still is in pain. She's had a few surgeries that have helped, but surgery is expensive, and we can't afford for her to take the time off to recover (i know that sounds beyond horrible, but PTO for waitresses is hardly anything and most of her money comes from tips, and recovery from the kind of surgeries she'd need would take no less than a month. please believe we don't use my mom as a workhorse on purpose. :( ), so honestly even the most experimental remedies would be appreciated. But money is an issue. But don't hesitate to suggest, if it's something that would really, really help, we can find a way. I've already suggested an Amphisbaena, and I think we're going to try that. My dad on the other hand, I'm almost positive does not believe in the paranormal. I haven't spoken to him about it, but I'm afraid if he knows that me and my mother are spending money on something he thinks is a scam, he'd get really upset and make us stop. So how could I help him indirectly? I was thinking that we could get a higher class Amphisbaena, so that his/her healing could affect everyone around (including my dad). I think Class V would suffice, am I right?

I am hoping that the Amphisbaena will help a great deal, but the poor thing has a lot to tackle. I have no skill in metaphysics, so I can't cast spells or use reiki or anything. I want to try and work on that to try and help, but I'd really like some help now. I've always felt like my home was kind of poisonous, and the emotional environment has made it hard to, well, to do anything. I think a lot of it stems from the defeated attitude of my parents because they're in so much pain everyday, and that makes it very hard to live happily. When a friend introduced me to this community I knew there was an answer for me here, but I was asking the wrong question (how I could help myself, rather than helping my mom and dad, which i guess indirectly is helping myself). I've inherited a lot of my parents problems, but mine were treated earlier on, and I'm young, so for right now, I can deal. But my parents are getting older, and their conditions are getting worse. Something needs to change, and I am desperately hoping I can find some sort of solution here. I feel like I'm finally starting to find a way out of this plateau my family has been stuck in. Lol sorry for gushing, I'm just really happy. Also sorry for asking so much, I've found it very hard to research physical healing because it seems like there are x10 more people selling and giving information about the physical aspect of the paranormal, and I am not experienced enough to know what is real and what is a big sack of bologna. My last apology is for the obnoxiously long and detailed post, I am a woman of (too) many words. :shifty:

"Let our worries wander out like water streaming from a spring, and sing of all the things our heads have failed to ruin yet." Image
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

you might also want to think about a caladrius. these wonderful creatures are often overlooked, but are wonderful for helping ease the pains from such maladies. :hug:

http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... artlang=en

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

adrbourgeois
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 6
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Ariadne Thorne

thank you Dark Abyss :hug:
can i ask you how "high maintenance" keeping a Caladrius is? Because if I were to purchase one, it'd be my mom's spirit, and she is usually very busy and on the go. Also because of her ADHD, I cannot see my mom see my mom sitting down to meditate, even if she did get the time. She is pretty sensitive (at least compared to me), and rather spiritually connected with dreams (she often dreams of passed family members, sometimes they give her advice and even tidbits about the future), so maybe she wouldn't need to meditate. I was leaning towards only getting her a Amphisbaena since they seem very low maintenance, aren't very social, don't care for offerings and things like that. I've never spirit kept before so I don't really know what it's like, but my mom is very impatient and even though I might be wrong, she might have a difficulty with the bonding process. But like I said I could be totally wrong. (also random/noob question, but my mom's first language is spanish, would she be able to communicate with her spirits in spanish?)

"Let our worries wander out like water streaming from a spring, and sing of all the things our heads have failed to ruin yet." Image
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

you're welcome. :hug: cala's aren't high maintenance at all. if she has a hard time meditating, she might want to ask the cala to come to her in dreams. mine did when i first started (because i was HORRIBLE at meditating). mine has shown himself to me in that of a mature older man (think late 50-60), he stood in a 1940's style hospital. i ran up for him and hugged him and he just stood there and smiled (of course then i woke up. grrrr lol).

as far as language goes, that's the wonderful thing about spirit keeping. spirit keeping transcends normal language barriers. i have several spirits who are from all corners of the globe, they understand me, and i understand them. she'll be fine in that department.

good luck on your choice for her (which ever it may be). i'm sure she will love what ever spirit you decide for her. :hug:

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

While my own physical pain stemmed more from metaphysical side effects, and this seems medical, I can tell you I've been getting excellent results combining the Gros Bon Ange, Pattern of Fate, Energy Morphing, and Emotional Resillience all from CreepyHollows.

Since money is tight I reccomend the Energy Morphing. This works for the Keeper, all members of the household, and can work on ambient (environmental) energies as well. You can transform Pain to Healing Light, Frustration to Tranquility, Negativity into Love, or whatever you need. Personally I've found that the more often I use it for the same purpose the faster and more effective the piece becomes at transforming the energy.

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

Dark Abyss wrote:you might also want to think about a caladrius. these wonderful creatures are often overlooked, but are wonderful for helping ease the pains from such maladies. :hug:
http://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/index. ... artlang=en
I was going to suggest the Caladrius also... then saw that Dark had already done so. I have 2 with me... though, one stays with my Mom. They aren't high maintenance whatsoever. What they seem to like above all else is to have a "job"... someone to watch over and care for. They are very soothing beings, very loyal, loving and have a very warm, healing feeling about them. My Mom has mentioned several times after being sick, that she felt "angel wings" wrap around her and make her feel better. She is NOT a believer in metaphysical beings... other than angels, and that comes from her strong religious beliefs.
Another you might try is the Immortal Dian Cecht...
http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... t=0&page=1

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

All what everyone has mentioned is a very good idea!!!!

I would also like to mention the Medicine Buddha, he is from CH and he could help with all the problems that you have mentioned, and if you have him and all the others, you will have a very good healing team, that can deal with all the problems that you mentioned!!!

Also remember to that nothing happens overnite, so when you do get these spirits, it will take sometime to bond with them and to start seeing things improve, but it will improve to where your mom and dad may start feeling better.

In the meantime, there are some very good healers in this form that could help with sending your family healing energy and even reiki if you want them too, all you have to do is ask ;)

I for one would be happy to send your family reiki if you would like :D

Both my hubby and I have suffered from different health issues as well, and I truly understand how your dad feels since he is not able to do what he would considered to be taking care of the family, and I am sure that weighs on his mind a lot, which in turns makes him feel bad, and of course your mom is carrying a heavy load herself as well, so I do feel for you and your family!!!

All the spirits that have been mention should be a start for you and your family!!! :hug:

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
moongypsy
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark and white
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being me
My magical/paranormal name...: moongypsy

For your dad, you might want to consider custom spirits that are bridged to you but their purpose is for your dad. You would be the one interacting with the spirits and asking them to help your dad, maybe intuitively with what he needs (physically, emotionally, etc.). If you are comfortable with it, then perhaps you might consider healing and cleansing spells bound to his spirit as well.

As for your mom, how wonderful that you and she are both exploring this path togrther. I would say that since she is open and interested in keeping spirits then she can choose her own (I would go with custom) and because she is aware of them, she can interact with them in her own way. Sometimes all they need is for their keeper to trust in them, respect them and appreciate them. Simple but sincere thank you's are always appreciated by my spirits.

There is a thin line between brilliance and insanity
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I get a lot of pain from arthritis as well as metaphysical issues.

My suggestions are in line with everyone else's on the Caladrius, and also believe it or not, but Green Dragons are fantastic healers if you specify that in the notes... but I'd also like to suggest the Shakes Binding and the Hematite bracelet. Both have gone a LONG way towards helping me heal the physical issues I've been suffering under.

Another thing you should try is getting them both Reiki attunements. It took me two attunements to get the arthritis in my hips under control, but I have no pain there anymore at all now.

Copper placed directly on the area with the most pain, and if there's a LOT of damage, magnetized copper or copper with magnets embedded in it, also has a lot of effect towards controlling pain. My best friend's mother has terrible arthritis in her hips... she wears a copper belt against her skin at all times, and has very little trouble moving. It's worked for 30 years. She, herself, has arthritis in her hands, and she wears a copper bracelet. I bought a copper bracelet with topaz in it six months ago... and since then, while I still swell with the heat, I have not had ANY pain in my hands at ALL.

A final suggestion... yoga, Tai Chi, and walking. Start out with 3 30 minute workouts a week, and work them into daily 20 minute workouts. When dealing with arthritis, the BEST solution is to MOVE. The more you move, the less pain you're in.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Selqetkitty wrote:I get a lot of pain from arthritis as well as metaphysical issues.

My suggestions are in line with everyone else's on the Caladrius, and also believe it or not, but Green Dragons are fantastic healers if you specify that in the notes... but I'd also like to suggest the Shakes Binding and the Hematite bracelet. Both have gone a LONG way towards helping me heal the physical issues I've been suffering under.

Another thing you should try is getting them both Reiki attunements. It took me two attunements to get the arthritis in my hips under control, but I have no pain there anymore at all now.

Copper placed directly on the area with the most pain, and if there's a LOT of damage, magnetized copper or copper with magnets embedded in it, also has a lot of effect towards controlling pain. My best friend's mother has terrible arthritis in her hips... she wears a copper belt against her skin at all times, and has very little trouble moving. It's worked for 30 years. She, herself, has arthritis in her hands, and she wears a copper bracelet. I bought a copper bracelet with topaz in it six months ago... and since then, while I still swell with the heat, I have not had ANY pain in my hands at ALL.

A final suggestion... yoga, Tai Chi, and walking. Start out with 3 30 minute workouts a week, and work them into daily 20 minute workouts. When dealing with arthritis, the BEST solution is to MOVE. The more you move, the less pain you're in.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet
What Selqet has said is right on!!!! :thumbup:

I also use copper bracelets and magnetic ones as well and they do work!!!!

Also moving like walking will also work!!! I have the same kind if disk disease that cause a lot of pain, and leads to having migraines.

I use reiki on myself and along with the spirits that have been mentioned and the spell items mentioned all work together to help with having a better life!!!!

I do wish on the best for you and your parents, which I also wanted to say that you are a very loving person for wanting to help your parents :hug:

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”