You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

I got a rainbow chaos dragon from Lydia aka seller dragonsandorishas. His specialty is unearthing hidden things! I don't know how to work with him, but I'd LIKE, intuitively, to work with him toward my goal of building a banked track! So, say, I create a sigil based out of the words "banked track":

"bndtrc"

Is this my sigil? How do I arrange this into something? Can I charge this and put this under a candle? is it a bad idea to mix magickal systems? Like, if I'm using a hoodoo-based spell with hoodoo herbs for succeeding in my business venture, can I still throw in some chaos magick too?

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:Can I charge this and put this under a candle? is it a bad idea to mix magickal systems? Like, if I'm using a hoodoo-based spell with hoodoo herbs for succeeding in my business venture, can I still throw in some chaos magick too?
Yeah, that'd work.
Well I think the beauty of chaos magick is that it sort of assimilates to anything, by the very nature of the practice. So if you're cool with it and hoodoo respectively, mixing things up a bit shouldn't be a problem.
I think it should be very effective. I've found that following your instincts while working magick always is. There are those who'd be horrified at that prospect, maybe that's what is felt by some about chaos magick itself..but every system, every ritual had to start somewhere.

"bndtrc"

Is this my sigil? How do I arrange this into something?

Basically, but forgot the 'K'! So "bnkd trc"
Let's see..I'll crudely draw up sigil examples on Paint program lol, something nice for the forum because whomever looks will be investing a little in it..but just to show you how it could look. You want to be creative with it, there's no right or wrong arrangement.

'Awesome Life'

WSM LF -

sigil1.png
sigil2.png
May you all have awesomeness. Cheers~[/color]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Wow.... my third eye is throbbing.

Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

Thank you NOC. Sigils have been something I've wanted to learn for a while. The step by step makes it much simpler. The information ive been able to find seem to assume a prior knowledge so it was difficult for me to get my ADD addled brain around it lol NOW the light has clicked! Very much appreciated :thumbup:

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

^ No problem.
It's a really effective ideology, and sigils a versatile tool or vessel of magick.

Syri
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

I wish to extend a Thank You to Noc for sharing this and breaking it down for beginners. I love the idea of this and I plan to use it as I explore and venture out into my Wiccan journey.

::thanx::

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I have a question, if you don't mind, Noc.
I've been having a play with Sigils, just practicing the designs, theory behind them etc.

When doing a sigil , which is better- being specific for ex: "I want to HEAR my spirits better "
Or doing one for "spirit communication" ?

And with regards to using them for healing "health for so and so" or something like "so and so be free of blah blah illness?". Just as an example
And if you do a sigil for someone else, do you give/send it to them?

I'm just trying to learn the most effective way of wording them and using them in the case of if it's for someone.

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
Michael34786
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: too many to list
Zodiac:

Cheese, if it was me, I would put down. "I hear my spirits clearly" OR better yet, " I see and hear my spirits clearly" I would keep away from certain words that can cause problems too, like the phase "Loud and clear", you might feel that they are shouting at you, and keep in "My spirits" unless you want to be totally open to all spirits.

SWWSB
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: watcher
If I could be anything, I would be...: watcher
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Spirit Walker With Sky Bear

Noctifera wrote:
Terror Misu wrote:Can I charge this and put this under a candle? is it a bad idea to mix magickal systems? Like, if I'm using a hoodoo-based spell with hoodoo herbs for succeeding in my business venture, can I still throw in some chaos magick too?
Yeah, that'd work.
Well I think the beauty of chaos magick is that it sort of assimilates to anything, by the very nature of the practice. So if you're cool with it and hoodoo respectively, mixing things up a bit shouldn't be a problem.
I think it should be very effective. I've found that following your instincts while working magick always is. There are those who'd be horrified at that prospect, maybe that's what is felt by some about chaos magick itself..but every system, every ritual had to start somewhere.

"bndtrc"

Is this my sigil? How do I arrange this into something?

These sigils are awesome, but I still don't understand how you came up with the patterns for the letters does each letter represent a line? Can you explain this more I probably sound really dumb but are sigils something that are worked from the magical squares like in The Golden Dawn?

Basically, but forgot the 'K'! So "bnkd trc"
Let's see..I'll crudely draw up sigil examples on Paint program lol, something nice for the forum because whomever looks will be investing a little in it..but just to show you how it could look. You want to be creative with it, there's no right or wrong arrangement.

'Awesome Life'

WSM LF -

sigil1.png
sigil2.png
May you all have awesomeness. Cheers~[/color]

Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Michael34786 wrote:Cheese, if it was me, I would put down. "I hear my spirits clearly" OR better yet, " I see and hear my spirits clearly" I would keep away from certain words that can cause problems too, like the phase "Loud and clear", you might feel that they are shouting at you, and keep in "My spirits" unless you want to be totally open to all spirits.
Thank you Michael :)that's made it clearer...and I only want to be open to my own at this point though one day I may decide to change that so excellent point taken! (btw, nice to see you! I've missed your posts )

Return to “EXPLANATIONS”