Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^_^
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Midnight
Zodiac:

How do you use Tarot Cards to talk with your spirits? I have a deck (The Enchanted World of Amy Zerner & Monte Farber) in my hands right now, and I would like to use it in a form of communication. But how? I've done some research on older forums but I still don't get it.

My Current growing family, [1] Werewolf, [1] Sterling Angel, [1] Hellhound, [2] Sang Vamp, [1] Silver Dragon, [1] Spider Vamp, [1] Suscitatio Vamp, [1] Psy Vamp! :heart:
must.have.more.
danaos
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire and Children
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Danaos Augustus Ravenheart
Zodiac:

What I do is shuffle the cards while asking my concerns or question. Then I sit and hold them in a fan spread out. I then feel for the energy of the spirit I am talking to as I hover over the cards. I hold them with one hand and hover with the other hand as I feel for that energy I continue to concentrate on my question. Then when I feel the card I pull it. I lay it face down and continue till I don't feel the energy. From that point I will carefully flip them over and write down the meaning of each one. Then I read the story as it is written. Also as I read , I feel for their energy as it waxes and wanes. As the stronger the energy comes, while reading through the card meaning, I take note of that portion of the meaning. I will write that down as well. From that I can usually glean what it is they are saying to me. Understand that the energy can and is usually subtle. so you need to concentrate on the feel of the energy at first. but as you get better at it then it gets easier.
Me being an empath I feel energy very well. I can usually know when I am being thought of or being contacted by my spirits and friends of other realms as well as this particular plain. My energy radar goes nuts. So now my secret is out. That is how I use my cards to speak to my spirits if I choose to do it that way. I can also do readings for my close friends who I have shared energy with. Actually quite accurate, of what they have told me.
I hope this helps.

I am what I am. I am ever changing, ever growing.

The more I learn, the more I realize I do not know,
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

I use my cards to communicate with my entities and spirits. I do a three card layout,the first card represents my present mindset about the inquiry,the middle card is their advice to me about said inquiry and the last card is how events will turn up if I stay on the right path they are suggesting.

I say their name out loud,say I invite them and them ONLY to speak with,tell them how many cards I am going to lay out and what they represent. I have gotten extremely good results with this method. :thumbup:

I prefer the short,sweet and easy for both ends approach. :)

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Natasha
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^_^
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Midnight
Zodiac:

Thank you both! :thumbup: Would anyone else like to share?

My Current growing family, [1] Werewolf, [1] Sterling Angel, [1] Hellhound, [2] Sang Vamp, [1] Silver Dragon, [1] Spider Vamp, [1] Suscitatio Vamp, [1] Psy Vamp! :heart:
must.have.more.
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

great thread! as I have tarot, have been reading for 24 years. and i didn't know how to use the tarot to communicate with my spirits.
now i think I will practice more. (with the using them for communicating part...) instead of what i have always used them for.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I use the Tarot of the Sidhe deck. I've been reading for 19 years, but even a new reader could use the cards, because each card has a "key word" on it, that basically explains the meaning of the card.

I sit down, shuffle, and I say to whomever I'm speaking with, what would you like to talk about? I then lay out one card. If the word or the images or the meaning of the card is obscure, I check the book - though I've been working with this deck for over a year, some of the meanings for these particular cards are... slightly different to your usual Marsailles-style or RW style decks, so I like to check to make sure I'm on the right page. If I'm still not sure, I ask, "Is what I'm thinking what you mean?" and flip another card. If the card is a positive card, that means yes. If it's a negative card, that means no. If it's one of the few cards that could mean yes and/or no, such as Justice, Temperance, the Wheel, and several of the twos, then I know that I'm not getting the full message, and I need to expand the idea, or they are suggesting I'm on the right track but they want to add to it. Here, I go with my gut... if I feel it's the first, I keep asking yes and no questions until I get the whole meaning of the original card. If I feel it's the second, I lay another card to let them say more. Once I know what they want to talk about, I ask them for a card that tells me what they want to say about the subject. I let them say as much as they need, following the same basic process as above. Occasionally, I'll ask, "Is there more?" or something like that.

The session is over when the answer to "Is there anything else you'd like to say," is a strongly negative card.

My current deck does not have reverses. However, some decks do. In those decks, a reversed negative card may mean yes, or it may mean no, but be lessened in its impact. A reversed positive card may mean no, or it may mean yes, but less so. You will have to read the meanings of your cards in order to discover which interpretation to go with. A good example would be the five of swords. In most decks, upright, the five of swords means an intellectual defeat. Reversed, that card still means an intellectual defeat, but not so severe as to be world-shattering... this card would mean no either way in most decks.

As you see, I mix yes and no interpretations of the cards with the full-fledged meanings to have my conversations. I've had some... startling results, and some VERY deep conversations this way, with both bound and unbound spirits and entities. I've even used this method to get guidance on spell-creation, made decision trees for pathwalking work, and also used this method to write up concepts I wish to teach my students. In other words... I've found this method to be extremely effective in more than just spirit communication - I apply it everywhere.

I hope that helps...
Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Syriana wrote:I use my cards to communicate with my entities and spirits. I do a three card layout,the first card represents my present mindset about the inquiry,the middle card is their advice to me about said inquiry and the last card is how events will turn up if I stay on the right path they are suggesting.

I say their name out loud,say I invite them and them ONLY to speak with,tell them how many cards I am going to lay out and what they represent. I have gotten extremely good results with this method. :thumbup:

I prefer the short,sweet and easy for both ends approach. :)
Syriana, This is pretty close to how I do reading without my spirits or how I did readings. The 3-card method of past, present and future. I may use your method and see how it goes.

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe

Return to “CONNECTING”