What do you do when your spiritual journey changes?

blueeyes
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Eden Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sterling Angel

In the last month I have felt that my spiritual journey has been changing. Where I was drawn to different spirits for different reason I now find myself being drawn to certain other spirits and in a completely different direction. The realization has been an amazing process for me. It's like I have finally found where I fit in with spirit keeping. I know there are spirits in my keep that I will not part with no matter what however there are some spirits that will no longer fit with my journey. What do I do from here for them? Do I keep them in my spirit family or is that being selfish where they could be rehomed to someone that really might need them or they might need to be with a new keeper? Some I can talk to and ask but there are some I haven't been able to hear yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thank you so much for your thoughts and assistance.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

There's a lot that I am not comfortable telling you, but... I can definitely say that my spiritual journey has, only very recently, taken a complete turn.

My patrons changed. My astral form changed. Some of the psychic work I do here changed. Many things changed. In essence, what I used to be and do is dead, and what I am now is nothing at all like that person. Not even in personality.

My spirits helped me through the transition, and continue to assist me in slowly accommodating to the changes. I will admit that I only became a spirit keeper shortly before my... metamorphosis, so, on that front, I can't offer any advise, but on the whole "Life Direction Changing Completely" front, I can say this... go with it.

When changes like that come through, you either roll with them, or you drown in them... struggling just makes them take longer and be more uncomfortable. *shrugs*

Change is not necessarily always bad... and the fact that you're going in a different direction doesn't mean that it's the wrong direction for you... and if you're worried about it being a negative, well... talk to some of the older members here - some of them have been down the Dark Road, and found that it was very empowering, and not a detraction or a dangerous, unpleasant journey that ended in disaster.

Whether we can see it in the short term or not... all changes lead upwards, towards growth, towards progress, towards enlightenment or endarkenment, towards wholeness, towards the ultimate responsibility of being ourselves.

Brightest blessings on your new path, and on your journey...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Something I will say, is that it may not be necessary to rehome some of your spirits just yet!!!! See first where this new direction is taking you first and how it will affect you in your life!!! You may have need of them yet!!!! ;)

They led you up to this point for a reason and so you should see where it will take you!!!

If you find that they truly have done all they can do for you, then you can consider to re-home them if they want to be re-homed in the first place!!!!

So wait and see what happens with your new path first!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

My advice is- unless you feel there is a spirit that is pushing you to rehome him/her- to take your time. Even if you feel you're drawn to a new path these spirits may still want to be a part of your life even if you don't devote much time to them. Give it some time before you decide to rehome everyone. Maybe after some time you will realize that some of these spirits still have a place in your life and a role in your journey. Don't rush things. If there are some spirits that you are almost certain you don't see fitting in your new path, then ask each of them to give you a particular sign within a particular time frame to let you know they want to be rehomed and be alert to notice the sign if it appears. If it doesn't appear then keep them for the time being and do the same after a few months. Until then, you may have discovered the reasons some of them had to stay with you even if you couldn't see how they fit in your new path, or they may decide to be rehomed then. I'm saying all this because sometimes a spirit comes into our lives and we don't really see how it fits in the big picture, until much time passes (even years) and something happens and you realise that this was why this particular spirit came to you in the first place. So take your time, explain the situation to them and see where that leads you.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Just because your journey changed doesn't mean they aren't meant to be with you in some way.

Djinns don't just grant wishes, incubi/succubi don't just have sex, etc. Their abilities as spirits are far beyond what their descriptions say about them and when you get to know them individually you find that there are other aspects about them that you might find helpful to you.

You're not selfish for wanting to keep them in your life and yea, I agree that if they have made it known that they wished to be rehomed elsewhere, then that is what happens. If not, don't worry about it.

Your journey changes, and maybe their role with you changes too, whether it is from a guide to a lover or vice versa. Hang in there!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

one of the things that i have always said to my spirits was if you want to go let me know. it would break my heart to lose you but i want you to be happy....so far they have all said no. your spirits came to you for a reason and know you better than you know yourself.

i have spirits that when you look in the encyc. it talks about their aid in magic and such. i for one will never practice magic, yet these spirits came to me of their own free will and asked me to have them bound. so i turn to the forum to see what other abilities they have and how they can help me grow as a spirit keeper. just because your path changes it doesn't mean your spirits won't as well.

as others have stated maybe its those spirits who have directed you to your new found path. just because their description might not be for the path you are about to embark doesn't mean that later down the line they won't play a key element in your decisions in the future. :hug:

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

blueeyes
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 34
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Eden Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sterling Angel

It is a complete turn for me. At first when this started to happen some months ago I didn't listen. I thought I wasn't reading things right in what I was feeling but more and more, I don't know how to say this but I feel like I was starting to be shown who the real me is. I do believe that some but not all of my spirits played a role in this. But yet I can't say exactly who because some of my spirits I can't hear yet. When I tried to ignore all this I don't want to say it was pushed at me because I don't feel it was but I will say it was placed in front of me at every thought I had. At times yes I was overwhelming but it stopped being so once I gave some attention to it and then more things were shown to me. It's hard to talk about and hard to explain. It's like having someone say to you your life as you know it will cease to exist starting now and you are being given this life to live now. You stand at the intersection of two paths. One path is free and clear and you can see how lovely it is and it's your new life. The other path is blocked and there is no way to move forward, you realize it's your current life. It's kind of unappealing however you don't want to leave it because it has always been your life. I don't find this new journey to be dark or anything bad as a matter of fact I find it to beee I can't find the right words but full of light and beauty.
I can feel that all my spirits will not fit in with my new life. I don't want to make any rash decisions for my spirits though. Hopefully in time I guess they will be able to tell me what they want. I already have a djinn that wants to leave. I have to be sure though this is what he really wants. I do feel that I have failed him and it's my fault.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

If you have a Djinn who wishes to leave, this is not a failure on your part, or on his.

Spirits tend to look at things like the passing of a relationship in a much more evolved way than we down here do... May and I were talking about that on the phone last night... How many humans do you know of who, when a relationship has come to an end, cling to the person, cling to the habit, cling to the relationship, even though it's not healthy? Spirits, on the other hand... well, he came into your life, knowing that this moment would come. He worked with you until this time of your evolution. Now, you're on a new path, and you need new things, and he is not part of that path, and he understands and accepts that. He holds no blame in him. He's not petty - he's a spirit. They're beyond such things.

NOT changing your path, but clinging to the old, just so you can guiltily keep him around and continue in a negative space only for him is a bit codependent and very not healthy, and THAT would be a failure more than accepting that it is time for him to move on, for you to move on, to different circumstances, new environments.

That's my own perspective.

I know that there may come a day when a spirit will come to me and say, "You do not need me anymore. It's time for me to go home." Or they might say to me, "Someone else needs me more, it's time for me to go to them." That is not a failure. That is the success of my relationship with them, the culminating moment... I have reached a part of my life where what they do, who they are, is no longer necessary... and that's OK.

I have had many people drift out of my life when it was time... I don't hold onto anyone when it's time. I simply let them go. I feel no guilt. I feel no sense of failure. I simply acknowledge the work we did together that got us both to this point, I'm grateful for who I've become, who they've become, under our influences on each other, and I let go, because in every relationship there comes a point where we no longer serve to help each other, but it's time to move on, or be a hindrance, a crutch. Guilt doesn't serve here... Appreciate and honor what your Djinn brought into your life, the changes, the growth, the experiences. Take a moment to be with him, to look back on all those moments and REALLY be thankful...

And then... just let him go. No guilt. No pain. Just acceptance. It's time, and that's OK.

Brightest blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series

Return to “Spirit Keeping”