essential oils and a clean house!

Which ones do you love to work with? Or, which ones do you have questions about?
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

I am a huge fan of vinegar with a kick of baking soda. My mom likes using bleach. I find that my clothes come out cleaner and brighter. If you add tea tree oil, it makes a great shower spray (to spray on after your shower to keep away mold and mildew. Also, bugs aren't a problem here, but one time, we had some ants make it into the house. I poured vinegar in the spot where they were coming in, and not one has been in since. Essential oils are great for yoga mats too (I use Gardenia)! <Reminds herself that she actually needs to pull out the mat every once in awhile> :frustrated:

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Hana Fuda wrote:I LOVE lavender oil. I mix it with a bit of water in a spray bottle and spray it on my pillow and sheets before I go to bed. I also use it in my skincare routine (1 drop of serum, 2 drops of jojoba oil, 1 drop of lavender oil). Lavender oil has similar antibacterial properties as tea tree oil does, but with less sting.
Great tip Hana Fuda... super sensitive skin here!

I have been wanting to try it on the sheets... I had read something about if you add either cornstarch or baking soda it creates a green version of febreeze (still trying to look up that one)

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Lady Shade
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: :/
If I could be anything, I would be...: Too hard to decide!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Shade

Hey this is a really good idea :) I will be sure to try this!

Random fact- to get rid of the smell of new paint, leave a small dish on vinegar in a corner of the room.

Another random fact- About warts ::jawdrop:: ....best way to get rid of them is to coat them in nail poilish once a day. Clear is best so you don't feel self concious about having to explain some random colourful dot. They will be gone in two weeks max..

*flies away*

Out to the big wide world for the first time..
Hana Fuda
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Gryphonista wrote:
Hana Fuda wrote:I LOVE lavender oil. I mix it with a bit of water in a spray bottle and spray it on my pillow and sheets before I go to bed. I also use it in my skincare routine (1 drop of serum, 2 drops of jojoba oil, 1 drop of lavender oil). Lavender oil has similar antibacterial properties as tea tree oil does, but with less sting.
Great tip Hana Fuda... super sensitive skin here!

I have been wanting to try it on the sheets... I had read something about if you add either cornstarch or baking soda it creates a green version of febreeze (still trying to look up that one)
Oooh, I'm gonna have to try that green febreeze thing! I don't buy ANY products tested on animals, and unfortunately, a lot of (what I call) smelly-good stuff do perform animal testing.

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

New tip for sticker stickiness in the washing machine and laundry!

I scrubbed and scrubbed all night and morning...

But found the secret ingredient - Vegetable oil (with a little vinegar) - it came off with the first wipe

Do a rinse with some detergent, baking soda, and vinegar.

Also, vinegar works as a fabric softener

ImageImage

Return to “Herbs/Minerals/Oils”