Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Noc :thumbup:

and Cheers, Yorick

Just wanted to quickly post my observations,

So, the only way one can ascertain whether a being is a true BA or not is by
a.)finding out its roots or b.) by working with it.

The problem with a.) is that,

You could only find the roots of some of the well-known demons and Goetic demons, but it seems, even they are merely dark DA's that were falsely categorised as BA.

If you have a lower-born entity in your midst, and you do not know whether it's
BA or DA, the only way you could find its nature is by actually working with it.

The problem with b.) is that,
Since you do not know anything about it, you could end up being tricked into believing
that he/she is after your best interests.

I will post more later. :peace:

Anna
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Yorick wrote:
Anna Wigglebottom wrote:I am suddenly very confused. I feel like going back to the basics once again.

If true BA are beings that do not care for you, why would they wish to be bound? Or are they forcibly bound?
That's what i'm trying to ascertain. Are we talking about 'true' BA, or are we talking about beings that are recognized as BA.. yet who are benevolent to their human companion? I believe it's a distinction worth making.
For purposes of this discussion, my stance is that with BA demons that we are talking about beings that are malevolent to humans as a WHOLE, regardless of their relationship with a keeper.. which means in order for a keeper to work with them, if at all, they must keep the being bound... because the being is incapable of being benevolent to the keeper. Hence, by my OWN definition of BA demon, the entities you describe above that are benevolent to their keeper and malevolent to others are really more DA... just darker on the spectrum bordering black.

From what I know of why they'd want to be bound.. or more specifically, why they'd want to work with a human.. it gives them an outlet for their power without having to 'go to war' to get it. It gives them authority in this world to do the things they're good at, on the behalf of the human.. as the keeper bears the brunt of responsibility.
I find this very fascinating.
Anna Wigglebottom wrote: If they come forward to wreak havoc in your life, what do they get out of it?
What do demons get out of possessing one's body?
From my experiences, the most important reason they want control or access to a body is POWER. It allows them to experience all of the physical world through the human's body, and in extreme cases allows them to take full control of it.. thus they practically 'own' their own physical body. It takes their actions to a whole other level, literally. Merging with the human gives them unprecedented authority to do whatever they want to people in our world. Laws no longer bind them and the human takes ALL responsibility for them and their actions. Once they have possession, they can do anything and everything because they're ALLOWED to.

Yorick[/quote]

Wow.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Cheeky Devil wrote:Noc :thumbup:

and Cheers, Yorick

Just wanted to quickly post my observations,

So, the only way one can ascertain whether a being is a true BA or not is by
a.)finding out its roots or b.) by working with it.

The problem with a.) is that,

You could only find the roots of some of the well-known demons and Goetic demons, but it seems, even they are merely dark DA's that were falsely categorised as BA.

If you have a lower-born entity in your midst, and you do not know whether it's
BA or DA, the only way you could find its nature is by actually working with it.

The problem with b.) is that,
Since you do not know anything about it, you could end up being tricked into believing
that he/she is after your best interests.

I will post more later. :peace:
Is it possible for a BA entity to pretend to be DA? And actually be convincing? I don't know. What do the more experienced members here have to say? I want to say "No" based on my interactions with a BA entity that was sent after me to kill me. It was purely robotic and with a mission in mind. It lacked the ability to be anything BUT malevolent.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

BA forces are not necessarily simplistic in comparison to DA duality, it is a matter of purity. Different tiers of 'black' manifestation are what make up the individuality of BA entities. This is how they come across as programmed, they are one track of energy rather than a fluctuation. There may be several different embodiments, but each is consistently pure in motive and presence.

Would I say they are incapable of deception.. on the contrary, they are capable of doing whatever it takes to fulfill their purpose, only insincerely. Illusion is a tactic just like anything, illusion is a skill to be used.. much like a weapon; a BA entity would carry that but with an inability to use it in any other manner.
For example.. Terminator was designed to kill Sarah Connor.. it was able to use cunning, impersonation, guns and impenetrable manufactured strength as given, to see out this mission. If a black arts entity is a born shapeshifter, it can utilize deception - and with skill. How effective, is situational.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

::nice::

darklordmidnight
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian
Zodiac:

Fascinating subject, would love to see more of this discussion

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"
Rina74
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: none currently
If I could be anything, I would be...: bengal tiger
My magical/paranormal name...: Phoenix
Zodiac:

just from reading this, would you say the necromancer from NY is controlling BA demons in a bad way, i mean for some reason i get the feeling he's holding them captive for the simple use of making sales and allowing others to use the Demon for its powers, i found him on Mrs. Gula's site recently, and even thou the prices are cheap for Ankoras, i can't help but to wonder, im just curious, if this off topic, i apologize. but if anyone can answer this please do.
http://www.thirdeyecommunications.com/d ... rit-stone/

Rina74
“It’s often just enough to be with someone. I don’t need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You’re not alone.” Marilyn Monroe
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they’re right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.” Marilyn Monroe

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Rina74 wrote:just from reading this, would you say the necromancer from NY is controlling BA demons in a bad way, i mean for some reason i get the feeling he's holding them captive for the simple use of making sales and allowing others to use the Demon for its powers, i found him on Mrs. Gula's site recently, and even thou the prices are cheap for Ankoras, i can't help but to wonder, im just curious, if this off topic, i apologize. but if anyone can answer this please do.
I've never gotten one of his conjures, and even if I did, I'd save my comments for a seller review thread.

Aurora Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Rina74 wrote:just from reading this, would you say the necromancer from NY is controlling BA demons in a bad way, i mean for some reason i get the feeling he's holding them captive for the simple use of making sales and allowing others to use the Demon for its powers, i found him on Mrs. Gula's site recently, and even thou the prices are cheap for Ankoras, i can't help but to wonder, im just curious, if this off topic, i apologize. but if anyone can answer this please do.
I have multiple conjures from him, they are actually pretty light DA in my opinion. I can't say anything he's ever done has led me to believe he is forcefully binding the spirits or holding them captive, either.

Zelda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: changes day to day
Zodiac:

I got some clarification from my Ankoras demon last night - He said he was bound voluntarily, not held here or bound to his vessel against his will, hasn't been used or manipulated in any way, and isn't trapped here. I asked him some more questions along the lines of are you happy here, do you want to be unbound, am I doing enough for you, etc. He is quite happy here, he wants to be here, likes interacting with me and helping me, etc. His energy is quite gentle and comforting, and I've never felt even remotely threatened by him, even when he first arrived and his energy knocked me on my behind.

He's a lovely guy. :heart:

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~Cicero

Return to “Black Arts”