Interesting thing happened with one of my humans:)

angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 236
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All OF THEM!!!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Healer/Psychic
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have a LOT of human spirits. 35 to be exact. Really love human spirits. One in particular stands out. Must be because we share the same birthday. Anyway. He loved horses, trained his pet horse to do tricks when he was a boy and taught his sister to ride. I signed up to volunteer at the shelter in Gettysburg. I filled out an application to work with the 6 horses they rescued. Never been around horses and have no experience with them. Never thought I'd be accepted. But yesterday I got an e-mail saying that I was approved to work with the horses and when can I come in for orientation. I said I can come tonight. So last night I went and met some really sweet horses Sneaky 'Pete', Sophie, Jenny, Henry, Noel and Sadie (who may be put down. She's 24, blind in one eye and has health problems) The whole time I was there taking care of the horses I kept thinking of my spirit and the happy feeling I got from him. Got home and was holding his family's vessel (It was in my pocket while I was working with the horses.) It got really warm and then it slid across the palm of my hand. This never happened before. The horses I help care for (Sadie's not listed since she's not up for adoption right now because of her health) http://meyersshelter.org/Other.html

Funny the day before I had another expereince with the same spirit. I went to the 149th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address (Big deal every year in Gettysburg) I was sitting on the grond watching Steven Spielberg make his speech and I heard snickering and ridicule in my head. I had all I could do to keep from laughing since I knew he didn't approve of all the Lincoln honors. I had to put my head down so people wouldn't see the stupid grin on my face ;) Funny though he in the audience at Lincoln's 2nd inauguration and I kept thinking I'm feeling what he felt then. Bet he was snickering and say things then too! Maybe his vessel shouldn’t have been in my pocket at the time. Just strange that he's so active and his sister Asia too, I pick up on her ‘feelings' alot. But they were really close! All my other spirits (non human also) have been for the most part really quiet.

A hundred years from now it will not matter what sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was or what car I drove...but the world may be a better place because I was important to the lives of animals and 'creatures' of this earth.
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

Wow! I wonder if they had a low opinion of Lincoln? I always loved Lincoln history and it would be really interesting to have spirits that were around at that time!

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

RaeNebula wrote:Wow! I wonder if they had a low opinion of Lincoln? I always loved Lincoln history and it would be really interesting to have spirits that were around at that time!
Yep, I'd agree since he shot Lincoln. I have Wilkes, his entire family AND I have Lincoln's spirit too ( He's quiet mostly ) I keep hearing from Wilkes that he regrets what he did (It didn't change anything.) The reconstruction after the war was just as brutal and violent as the actual war, but people don't talk much about it. There was the birth of KKK, lynching, land feuds, etc. Wilkes also regrets that his family who he was really close too suffered for his actions especially his sister Asia who he loved dearly. Also keep getting that he didn't die at the barn. (That's a loooong story!!!) But besides the 8 members of the Booth family & Lincoln I also have a lot of civil war era spirits: President Jefferson Davis, Maj. Henry Wirtz (Commandant of Andersonville Prison) Gen. John Reynolds, Gen. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, Union Pvt. George Adams, Confederate Pvts Abel Bowman, Thomas Atkinson, Jennie Wade (Gettysburg civilian who was killed) and a surprise me spirit named Alice who was the wife of a confederate solider. Want to get Lee, Stonewall Jackson and a bunch more soldiers, people from that time. I'm neutral I don’t chose between the North or the South, I have spirits from both side. Different perspectives of the same conflict.

A hundred years from now it will not matter what sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was or what car I drove...but the world may be a better place because I was important to the lives of animals and 'creatures' of this earth.
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

angelpaws wrote:
RaeNebula wrote:Wow! I wonder if they had a low opinion of Lincoln? I always loved Lincoln history and it would be really interesting to have spirits that were around at that time!
Yep, I'd agree since he shot Lincoln. I have Wilkes, his entire family AND I have Lincoln's spirit too ( He's quiet mostly ) I keep hearing from Wilkes that he regrets what he did (It didn't change anything.) The reconstruction after the war was just as brutal and violent as the actual war, but people don't talk much about it. There was the birth of KKK, lynching, land feuds, etc. Wilkes also regrets that his family who he was really close too suffered for his actions especially his sister Asia who he loved dearly. Also keep getting that he didn't die at the barn. (That's a loooong story!!!) But besides the 8 members of the Booth family & Lincoln I also have a lot of civil war era spirits: President Jefferson Davis, Maj. Henry Wirtz (Commandant of Andersonville Prison) Gen. John Reynolds, Gen. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, Union Pvt. George Adams, Confederate Pvts Abel Bowman, Thomas Atkinson, Jennie Wade (Gettysburg civilian who was killed) and a surprise me spirit named Alice who was the wife of a confederate solider. Want to get Lee, Stonewall Jackson and a bunch more soldiers, people from that time. I'm neutral I don’t chose between the North or the South, I have spirits from both side. Different perspectives of the same conflict.
Extraordinary! That really does sound like a wonderful way to get to know the REAL history. If you feel up for it at any point I would just love for you to tell us anything you can! Long story or not! Thank you for sharing your stories so far, and a really good point about the reconstruction. That is a shame that one can hope for something so much that they would take the most serious action, only to have it work out incorrectly :(

angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I’ve done a lot of research into the Civil War, John Wilkes Booth, Lincoln and how American history is only telling one side of that story. Especially Lincoln. I’m sure he was s decent enough guy (I feel he was) but he was a politician and no matter if it was in the 1860 or today politicians are all about power and reinventing the government to suit THEIR beliefs. I’ll list things that Lincoln did during his time in the White House…

1. Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus throughout the nation. He assumed the power to close newspapers and in fact closed hundreds of them in the North which dared criticize his policies. He arrested elected officials, including former members of Congress, who opposed him.35

2. Lincoln was an atheist. His wife Mary Todd had séances in the White House. There’s nothing wrong with that I’m all for it. But don’t pass off being a Christian when you are not JUST TO GET VOTES!

3. He was the 1st president to enact a draft. Leading to the Draft Riots in NYC which led to several deaths. John Wilkes Booth was there at the time visiting his mother at his brother Edwin’s house. (More about that when I get to Wilkes.)

4. Created Federal income tax to pay for the war. Very unpopular.

5. Prior to his taking office every state has it’s own currency and for the most part ran itself with the president in a lesser role. The government ran efficiently until Washington the Lincoln administration gained too much control. How can Washington DC and the Senate and Congress decide what is right for states they do not reside in. Example how can Senator from Maine vote about say a National environmental issues when Florida or say Arizona has no bearing on the social or economic of the state of Maine. 3 different region with 3 different environmental need. In the 1860 Virginia would take of Virginia, New York would take of New York, etc. Sure they all voted on national issues but Senators and Congressmen took care of their state 1st and foremost. Look at Robert E. Lee. Perfect example. Lincoln asked him to lead the Army of the Potomac. Lee declined stating his heart and patriotism lies with Virginia and that he is a Virginia 1st. He resigned from the US Army and became leader of the Army of Northern Virginia. So taking power awy from the states it changed the whole dynamic of the country (and not for the better I might add!)

6. What really PISSED me off is near the end of the war when Sherman made his famous march to the sea. He depleted all the food, livestock and medicine along the way so there was little food or medicine. This not only effected the civilians but the soldiers and NOT only just Confederate soldiers, but Union soldiers in prison camps. In Andersonville (Visited it twice before moving to PA) there were little food , no meds and the water was contaminated. Maj. Henry Wirtz who a German immigrant (His name was actually Henrich) was the commandant. He was a decent honorable man who actually felt sympathy for the prisoners. He wrote to southern president Jefferson Davis and told them that prisoners are starving to death and dying of disease ( Common things today like diarrhea would kill a soldier during the Civil War.) Could he contact President Lincoln and ask for food and medicine for the Union prisoners be sent down. Since they couldn’t feed or care for them. Lincoln refused. Oh, I forgot to mention that they use to have prisoner exchanges but Lincoln, Grant & Sherman stopped it. There were more Union soldiers than Confederate since the North was more populated. Keeping the Rebs in jail would mean less opposition when Sherman made his march to the Sea. (The North didn’t treat Confederate prisoners well, but they had a better chance of getting food and meds than the Union prisoners at Andersonville, but just as many died up North, I think with the Union it was just neglect and spite.) So Wirtz sent a few guards with some prisoners to Washington so they can see the condition of the Union prisoners. They were turned away and the guards were told to take them back to prison. After the war. The North tried Wirtz for War Crimes. They said they’d let him go if he’d lay the blame for the prisoners deaths on Jefferson Davis. He refused since he was a honorable man and it was not Davis’ fault. Even former Union prisoners came to Wirtz’s defense, but they hanged him for war crimes. There was no need for those soldiers to suffer and there was no need to try him for war crimes. Though the trial took place after Lincoln’s death, Lincoln and his government could have helped their own soldiers who fought for them.

There’s a lot more things that will shock people about Lincoln, but I’m not going to type it all out. But there is a good site that has quotes that Lincoln made that makes people see him in a whole new light. http://www.realabelincoln.com

I’ll put all the stuff I know about Wilkes in another e-mail but he was actually sweet, loving & funny (but he did have a dark obsessive side and I suspect he had ADD) He was way misunderstood. But I keep hearing in my head that “People today can not fathom what life was like in the 1860’s. Families torn apart, a country divided. It was a country that destroyed itself by power, greed and violence. In 4 years the veil of justice and security I felt as a child was pulled away in favor of a tyrant whose self importance and complete control would forever change the nation that I loved. With his election in 1861 he would destroy hundreds of thousands of lives to preserve a Union that he destroyed and I'm forever villified for killing one man.”

I keep hearing things like that in my head. I don’t think he should have killed Lincoln (I don’t think anyone should kill another human or even an animal!) But he’s a very deep man and dare I even say patriotic. He loved his country. Actually his actions in the war saved countless lives. He took the money he received from acting and spending it on medicine and smuggle it to the South. Who knows how many soliders that medicine saved. History fail to mention that. Even even saved a black boy and a Union officer during th draft riots in NYC. But more about him later. Wrtiting way too much right now.

Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That is really amazing. I'm a bit sad, but honestly you can expect any historic figure to be painted more positively or negatively than they actually were. Thank you for sharing, and it would be good to read more so don't hold back! (I would have replied sooner but I think something is wrong with my email notifications.)

Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

angelpaws wrote:
I love reading about the Civil War Era and just recently started reading some historical fiction based on the Civil War. You have a great collection of spirits. My questions are: What year did Wilkes die? Was he killed as they said?

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

I have to run to Frederick, MD but when I get I'll write out all I know about Wilkes. Now I do get things that pop in my head but all I get is a No when I ask did he die in the barn. Plus there's so much evidence to show he didn't die there. Even family said he didn't die. I was reading where his mother said that she met him in California a year after Lincoln's death. He told her what happened and she was so excited to tell he family he was alive. His descendants today wanted to have 'his' body in the family plot exhumed and compare the DNA with his brother Edwin whose buried in Mass. The Maryland courts refused. Why not if the family pays for everything? It would put it all t rest. I think the courts don't want to find out 149 years of history has been a lie. It wouldn't look good for the Government of Pres. Johnson or his reputation to declare Wilkes was dead when he wasn't and go to such lengths to cover it up, yet hang Mary Surratt who may have own the boarding house and knew of Lincoln's kidnapping, but the plot to kill Lincoln was so last minute that she didn't know. Just death by association. More about her and Wilkes later too.

Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

angelpaws wrote:I have to run to Frederick, MD but when I get I'll write out all I know about Wilkes. Now I do get things that pop in my head but all I get is a No when I ask did he die in the barn. Plus there's so much evidence to show he didn't die there. Even family said he didn't die. I was reading where his mother said that she met him in California a year after Lincoln's death. He told her what happened and she was so excited to tell he family he was alive. His descendants today wanted to have 'his' body in the family plot exhumed and compare the DNA with his brother Edwin whose buried in Mass. The Maryland courts refused. Why not if the family pays for everything? It would put it all t rest. I think the courts don't want to find out 149 years of history has been a lie. It wouldn't look good for the Government of Pres. Johnson or his reputation to declare Wilkes was dead when he wasn't and go to such lengths to cover it up, yet hang Mary Surratt who may have own the boarding house and knew of Lincoln's kidnapping, but the plot to kill Lincoln was so last minute that she didn't know. Just death by association. More about her and Wilkes later too.
I don't believe he died in the barn. I think he actually lived for awhile after Lincoln's death. Great information!

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe
KatThanatos
neophyte
neophyte
My magical/paranormal name...: Phantasma
Zodiac:

Thought I would just inform you that I trained one of the horses that came from that shelter, I don't know if you were there or not but his name was "Mickey". Later he was renamed Soldier and was my aunts horse. He was sold to another girl because my aunt wanted a riding horse and now he is still in her care being trained :) Her other horse that she had got from there had complications and had to be put down...Anyway, I go up there every other week normally when the weather is okay to help my aunt with her new horse.

Return to “Human”