active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels and Abchanchu
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

For the last couple of months, I've had a calling from a pre-bound Harpy from CH, and I promised that as soon as I was able to, I would bring her home. She seems to feel that I need protection from something, I think. And, now that I am able to financially bring her home, I find myself not having adequate time to spend with the spirits already in my family. And, also, I was just brought into the Catholic faith, and I'm not sure if bringing another dark spirit into my family would necessarily be a good thing for my faith.

But I keep seeing her everywhere, and she gave me a dream last night of her crying, I think. I don't want deny her if she feels like she needs to be with me, for my protection, or I dunno, but I just don't have time right now to devote to her, nor do I exactly know if I should bring her home due to my faith....

Is this an adequate time to deny a calling? Maybe I can answer it later, or maybe I won't, but I just feel sad...:( Advice?
NARU
~She/Her~

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have never been placed in that position. I know that she would not call if you didn't need her.
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:I have never been placed in that position. I know that she would not call if you didn't need her.
Perhaps your religious preference is not an issue for her and she wants to be with you regardless. ;) You find that unique one every once in awhile,sounds like she found you and she doesn't care. :)

I would not turn her away if she still calls to you. My 2cents

:)
Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

I don't think you should let your faith interfere with your metaphysical decisions - you have enough space in your life for both without conflict. As for that issue of time, yes, if you are feeling rather overwhelmed at the minute and don't have enough time to devote to another spirit companion then it's probably not a good idea to invite her over - although, you don't always need to dedicate immense amounts of time - you could bring her home, and then let her 'do her own thing' - there may be a strong reason for the calling but don't ever be made to feel guilty over your decision. I think ultimately the fact that you are questioning the idea or prospect speaks volumes, if it's meant to happen it will, sometime somehow. Go with your initial gut instinct.
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

As someone who has a tendency to bring home large numbers of spirits when I manage to afford it (I get mine in waves and then have long periods when I can't afford to bring any home), there ARE ways to work around this issue. Most spirits will be understanding and wait their turn. It's also possible to bond with them in groups or to rotate bonding time in shorter intervals. The way I've been doing it is to give each one a week of bonding, then a week for someone else and then start over from the first to give everyone another week of bonding. This way everyone gets adequate bonding time in the long run and no one has to wait forever to start the bonding process.

As far as faith conflicts go...I have to agree with the others that you shouldn't let your new faith interfere with your choices regarding your journey with the paranormal. And if she's calling you, then there is likely a good reason and it probably doesn't matter to her what faith you belong to.
ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

I don't think you should let your religion interfere with this, she probably have a good reason to want to come to you and you religion shouldn't stop your progess on your path.

About time you can work around this, she probably already know you have little time and you can do like people said and rotate groups for bonding and so on.
Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

NaruFoxy wrote:For the last couple of months, I've had a calling from a pre-bound Harpy from CH, and I promised that as soon as I was able to, I would bring her home. She seems to feel that I need protection from something, I think. And, now that I am able to financially bring her home, I find myself not having adequate time to spend with the spirits already in my family. And, also, I was just brought into the Catholic faith, and I'm not sure if bringing another dark spirit into my family would necessarily be a good thing for my faith.

But I keep seeing her everywhere, and she gave me a dream last night of her crying, I think. I don't want deny her if she feels like she needs to be with me, for my protection, or I dunno, but I just don't have time right now to devote to her, nor do I exactly know if I should bring her home due to my faith....

Is this an adequate time to deny a calling? Maybe I can answer it later, or maybe I won't, but I just feel sad...:( Advice?
Narufox, sweetheart,

You are trying to make an ethical decision from your spiritual point of view, which I think is great. You've considered the time factor too which is also great. But, but, but..

this is a decision for your logical mind, you'd be better off using your head rather than your heart. Spirits can see far ahead of us and can sense oncoming danger, if she wants to protect you from someone or something, why ignore it? Is that really wise? Or would you rather you didn't have ample protection?

I have wraiths and several spirits from CH that I haven't had the time to bond with. Infact, I haven't even done their invocations yet but it hasn't stopped them from forming a protective shield over me. Heed the call, put her (and yourself) out of misery. My 2cents xx
Anna
keriix
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

Perhaps the only time I will not heed a calling is when I KNOW I am not yet ready for the responsibility of taking care of the spirit (demon for example) because I am not sure I can control myself really well...

However if you are worried about time for bonding etc .. I say heed that calling :D How I spend bonding with my spirits just are stuff like saying good morning and night to them, spewing out my dirty secrets to them. Stuff like venting to them asking why the heck am I late (literally saying "hey a, b, c and d. WHY ? Why am I always late) etc. Maybe watching a movie and ask them to join me. Laugh and snort and say opps you did not see that.. This is how I bond and so far it works for me (:

Cheers :wave:
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Get her I say, she must see something that you will need protection for, otherwise she wouldn't have mentioned it!!!! Your religion has nothing to do with spirit keeping and the Catholic religion is one of the most mystical religions around, even though they don't share that side of them with the common people, at least that has been some of the experiences that I know about!!!!

I have a harpy and she is a wonderful companion and very protective and will help you on your own path if you want her too!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons:: :kistune:
Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Madie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

You instinct is the deciding factor in the matter. Don't try and rationalize, or explain the calling, or justify not answering it based on religious beliefs. Try and meditate, empty your mind off all doubt and any pre determined factors and once your mind is clear think of her and make your decision based on the first instinct. The first answer that comes in your mind will be the right thing for you.
Hope this helps, please let us know how it turns out. :thumbup:
Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”