The Other Chakras

Sovereign
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0

When I clicked on the other thread I was actually expecting it to be a discussion on the Other Chakras. The Chakras beyond the traditionally taught 7. So I thought I would open up that discussion myself.

I was first introduced to the idea that there were more than the traditional 7 chakras by the author Cyndi Dale, through her book New Chakra Healing: Activate Your 32 Energy Centers. Yes, 32! And you thought 7 was hard enough to keep balanced, lol.

I admit I'm not an expert on chakras. I was very big into the whole energy healing from 2007 to 2009, when person tragedy struck. As a result I lost interest in a lot of things. But I was reminded about the position that there are more than just the 7 traditional chakras yesterday. I haven't found too much beyond Cyndi Dale's book.

Just this link, which only mentions Twenty-Two Chakras:
http://juliank.com/english/aura-body/fi ... hakras.htm

I believe that the 8th Chakra is sometimes mentioned in passing. But I have to admit I am rusty on the subject. I thought there would be more information about the "Other" chakras, considering how much time has passed since I last looked into it, maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

What does everyone else think?
::Anyone::

Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

It is out there, but you generally have to pay for the information on the higher chakras. The Soul Star and Earth Star are the exceptions. It looks like you have already found Dr. Joshua David Stone. He talks about many more than 22 chakras, but emphasizes that these are the ones of greatest concern in Ascension. I think his theory is that the chakras are generally brought down into the body in groups of 7. So you have anchoring, clearing, activating, and balancing to do. I think he said you have to anchor 50 and develop 22. Sometimes when reading about the main 7 chakras I read a suggestion to avoid assigning specific colors to the chakras. This may be because it is difficult to know just how many chakras are at each point and what their colors are.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Another thing you should note is... there are bone chakras and joint chakras, chakras for the organs, auric chakras such as the ones you are referring to here...

There are seven chakras in each heel. Then there is the main foot chakra that's split in half, one on one arch, the other on the other arch. There are chakras going up the back on either side of the spine. There are seven hearts, there are seven eyes, there are over a thousand crown chakras. There are chakras in your palms and chakras on each fingertip beyond the joint and bone chakras.

There are other extra chakras that relate to your other bodies - and while you have three bodies (physical, astral, and spiritual) there are seven planes each body exists on... so there are seven layers to each body, and each layer has its own chakras.

Then there are soul chakras.

It's very complicated and we've only just begun to plumb the depths of the extremely complicated system of energetic structures that make up our experiences.

The reason I only wrote about the seven major physical chakras is because, before you even think about working with the minor chakras, or even advancing to the bone and joint chakras, before you think about mastering the chakras in the layers of your three bodies, and reach for soul chakras...

A good foundation, a balance and clear Major System, is absolutely necessary.

Without that... the potential for doing more harm than good is... obviously... extensive.

But you ARE correct... there are MANY other chakras.

I thought sticking with the basics for a group of mostly beginner readers who seem to be totally focused on the third eye to the exclusion of ANY other MAJOR chakra, let alone the MINOR and then the Layer chakras, was probably a bit too broad.

Thank you for opening this topic for those advanced practitioners who are ready for such an expansive topic. I look forward to reading the comments and have bookmarked it to see what others with more experience have to say.

Mad blessings...
Lemon

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Inedible
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Robert Bruce (http://www.astraldynamics.com/energy-work/) suggests starting with the minor chakras before the main chakras. Especially in the hands and feet. Because the minor chakras support the work of the main chakras, he said that they can help or hinder working on the main chakras. If they are not sufficiently developed and opened they will have to be healed indirectly by working with the main chakras and it will just seem to take longer than it really is.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

That's an interesting idea, Inedible. Thanks! I will look into that!

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
Sovereign
active contributor
active contributor

Thank you Inedible and Lemon! You have both provided a lot of great information and insight.

Inedible, I feel a little silly after reading your first post, I should have realized that such information would come at a cost. Sort of like the traditional 7 chakras are public school and anything beyond is the college/university education that you have to pay for the priviledge to acquire. That makes sense now. Thank you for pointing that out.

Lemon, I do understand that your post was with the intent of providing a solid basic foundation. That is what everyone needs, as you pointed out, before they can move on to these other chakras. The fault was mine for the way I interpreted the title. But I thank you because it reawoke the memory about the "Other" chakras beyond the 7 that had been sleeping in my brain.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I am always happy to discover I have helped someone else reawaken their own knowing. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your rediscovery of yourself, and the continuation of your journey, Sovereign!

Mad blessings...
Lemon

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Here's some links which mention the 32 in relation with Kabbalah http://www.scribd.com/doc/80858750/32-P ... kra-System

http://www.freewebs.com/spiritual_tourg ... kra-system very interesting :thumbup:

Sovereign
active contributor
active contributor

Thank you so much for sharing those links, AngelFire!

The last one is very interesting. With the Kabbalah and Reiki.

Thank you again. :)

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thank you for mentioning the 32 chakras, because that's what piqued my interests and made me do a little research :thumbup:

Return to “METHODOLOGIES”