Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

Never limit your self, and do not accept the limits others try to place on you.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
WillowCakes
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Undecided
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Falcor

Gloss_Reality wrote:Keep patient
research you conjurer thouroughly before purchasing
avoid (we've all done it lol) purchasing many spirits in one fell swoop at the begining
dont fear the DA
watch out for the adjustment period :D
listen to all opinions before forming one of your own
respect your spirits and your elders
learn to conciously astral travel :)
meditation is king

thats my advice
Hello everyone

As someone who is relatively new to all this, I've been reading - and enjoying - this thread with great interest.

Can someone please tell me though, why is it a bad idea to purchase many spirits in the beginning?

Also, when recharging - I know you're meant to keep 'dark' spirits away from 'light' spirits, but is it okay to store them within the same jewellery box if they're wrapped in tissue paper and organza bags?

Thank you ...

Jovana
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 7
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

What a great thread this is, thank you to all those who contributed to it! 1ht

Namaste,
Jovana

<3 5 courtwind angels, 1 psy vampire, 1 senmurv <3
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

WillowCakes wrote:Can someone please tell me though, why is it a bad idea to purchase many spirits in the beginning?
Because, it's to do with experience and being able to acclimate to the paranormal.If you can see all your spirits and differentiate between them then it's not as bad because communication and bonding is probably easier. But for most of us, communication doesn't come naturally and has to be worked towards. This means that it is far easier to focus on less spirits and keep more spirits when you feel ready. There's also a time issue when it comes to having enough free time to bond.
Hope this helps!

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
GreyBull85
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

BUMP! thanks for the great advice everyone

“The greatest illusion is that man has limitations.”
Robert A. Monroe
User470
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All my spirits

Bump!

Before my subcription on CH forum, i was reading you all about a month.This post was between the ones who helped me the most!

Wise advises and even some open eye revelations.

Here i learned apreciate and identify little manifestations, since i'm not waiting desperately a "on your face" experience (but they are free to do so!), i have enjoyed all kind of litle things my first spirits are doing for me!

exemple: i think romantic movies are boring, but today, i was looking a serie, and at the end, a couple of people in love get maried, at the moment of the kiss, i felt all over my arm a shiver,(no wind,no cold) and "sterling" came in to my mind, hahaha, i think he liked the kiss, while i was thinking this scene was cr*p!^^

Plenty of litle thinkings are going on, and without so many advises and diferents points of view, i maybe would never understanding what's is happening with them in my day life.

Thank you all!

FireMonkey
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 17

This thread was a big help to me when I was first starting out...not sure how much advice I have that hasn't been covered, but I figure it's worth mentioning:
1- Expect the unexpected. Intuition has definitely guided me in the right direction but things rarely if ever are what I would expect them to be (unless that's what I'm expecting, of course)
2- Practice...some people seem to pick up spirit work easier than other people, just like any skill...but like any other skill, anyone can improve their ability if they are persistent and put enough time into it.
3- Meditation is key (for me) to communicate. The more you practice, the easier it gets to perceive the more subtle energies around you. Besides the standard sitting/lying down meditations most people think of, don't underestimate the value of other meditative practices such as tai chi, qigong, yoga, reiki, martial arts, other arts (music painting etc.) and so on as a way to quiet and focus the mind. Find what you like and are passionate about. Myself and some other keepers also get good results in the hypnagogic state between sleeping and awake...a lot of my keep is very active when I'm this state.
4- When you are meditating and/or having a good connection with your spirits and you end up losing focus, dozing off, forgetting what you were doing, getting distracted, etc...don't let it get to you. Those are the things that make meditation hard and the reason why most people can't/won't do it despite the many benefits. It's frustrating, but instead of being frustrated just acknowledge the fact you messed up and get back on track focusing on breath/visualization/music/whatever you focus on to meditate.
5- DA does NOT mean evil. Common misconception most new people seem to have, including myself when I was first looking into keeping. From my understanding most all humans and animals would be considered "DA."
6- Research...CH is a great resource for info and there are more out there. Research the spirits and look for feedback on conjurers to get people that know what they are doing instead of fakes.

Aerys
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 10
Zodiac:

My advice is to stay relax. Usually spirits also want to bond with you and know you better : )
When you belive and practise to communicate with them everything is going to be fine. Sometimes entities are shy and unsure and this also can be a reason.

Verita
neophyte
neophyte

Knowledge is your best friend!

Think outside the box.

Madame Sosostris
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: forest creatures
If I could be anything, I would be...: invincible
My magical/paranormal name...: That's a Secret!
Zodiac:

I think "Make it a part of your regular daily life". Don't compartment it. Enjoy the "being with" even when you're not focused on bonding and communicating.

The Eight Tenets of Ritual Magick

1. Expect the unexpected;
2. Magic has no morality;
3. As above, so below;
4. There are no coincidences;
5. There is a choice that is no choice;
6. Change is the only constant;
7. Seize the day and there is a price to pay;
8. A true magician must transcend himself.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”