Estate of V. Price

Talk about your fav or not so fav auctions and listings
Rain
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Some really top notch one of a kind estate items from the Price estate is on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0317999514

Some of the items are out reaching my current budget right now but I'll keep trying :thumbup:
I would love this for my collection!!

Great items in a buyers market! I doubt we will see so many again at one time.

Check them out :drool:

My destiny is to know what I don't know
Wasnt_Me
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

That is beautiful. Good luck! :thumbup:

What are these principles? Those of good & evil - the belief that nothing is good for a human being which does not make him just, self-controlled, brave, & free: & nothing evil which does not make him the opposite of these.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

What concerns me is the lack of provenance. How did they come to own these items? How were they assured they belonged to Price? etc... so that is my greatest concern when it comes to obtaining the belongings of historic people or celebrities online... where is the provenance?

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Rain
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I agree and I asked this very question to the seller and I'm awaiting their answer. Price art works are very rare to find, but looking at the other auctions they have listed (such as the letters and signed backstage photos) I would guess that they are real. However my bids without it stopped at the $300 mark without absolute proof of who they came from, when they were given ect. I'm willing to take a chance on a deal, but I've been burnt before so even I have a limit. LoL!! :roll:

I've been watching their stuff sell for about 3 weeks or so and it seems that all is on the up and up.
I imagine that the reserve is in the 4 digits easy.

And selling so many items from the estate (?) would have brought attention to it, if it were fakes by now they would be busted.

Treasure is still out there if you can look hard enough and have the cash to take a chance.

Just saw a C. Dickens first edition that was signed by the man himself sell for under $1200. Beat up and dirty, but real (the buyer hopes! LoL).

Anyway it would look just right on the wall next to my other finds :mrgreen:

Lets see if the seller replies to my email.

And with the Price sale at CH on the way, what better items to have a binding done! :thumbup:

My destiny is to know what I don't know
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Absolute provinance almost does not exist anymore. What we can look for are the following:
1. Known and established sellers
2. Existing Documentation that creates a time pattern.
3. Knowing the family.
4. Knowing the sellar very well.
5. And most impotantly, lets say with the example given her an a.1st ed. s. of Charles Dickens. Knowing the 1st edition and being able to authenticate the handwriting and ink.

As a manuscript, book, print, antiquities, & Photo dealer I could authenticate the book or not as the case may be. But even then - on top of all that - it has to "feel right" when I touch it or hold it.

About this "Feel & Touch" test here are some personal examples (of things owned and bought with provinance):
1. Jean HArlow's dress from Riff Raff has an incredible buzz of energy
2. One of several Sherlock Holmes pipes of BAsil Rathbone is very relaxing to hold.
3. A piece of the Orgueil Meteorite feels "like my life force is extending itself "widely" but NOT with additional power.
4. Xena's bracelet feels like she's "one hot chick".
5. My Friends Select High School pennant feels like being back in the building itself.

And I have touched other various previously unknown-to-me items blindfolded and come up with similair response. I think that psychometry is very real and works, but you're on your own with these folks.

The weirdest example of this was one time a friend of mine who shall remain nameless who bought and sold rare musical instruments in LAmbertiville, NJ asked me to do him a favor...OK...

He blindfolded me and led me into his back room, sat me down on a piano bench and said he had a very old piano and to just play it....something introspective

So I began playing a quiet tune I had written some time ago, and OMG, my fingers were on fire....my head was buzzing with sounds and ideas......It was too much.

I stopped playing, and LP took off my blindfold and there it was a pre-piano piano...

"That, my friend, belong to Beethoven...."

We went to Ledger's bar and talked about it for a long time....

Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
queenie
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Im getting wonderful visuals from this story. :thumbup:

Living on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun
every year.
Vampire Lover [its a neck thing].
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

rain - thanks for sharing and it's an absolute find! kudos for your eagle eye. :thumbup: :applause:

caiyros - for yule, my daughter found an 1866 edition of nathaniel hawthorne's two volume set "twice told tales", printed by university press in cambridge. the two volumes have a small amount of wear to the spine of volume 1 with none to volume 11 and the embossed leather is in great shape. some page yellowing but no rips or tears, some gilt still on the page edges. actually all in all the books are still very tight as if they had not been opened much. this was quite the find for her and she was so proud when she handed me the wrapped gift. i think she's now hooked herself on finding antiques. :) always good when we can pass our love of the past along to our children. thanks for sharing your thoughts on provinance as it concerns antiquities. i always try to make sure i have a detailed past on an item unless i trust the seller absolutely (as i do with one of my dealer friends in cairo....she has never ever sold a piece that could not be dated back to the time she states it is from, and her pieces i plan to leave to my daughter if she wants them otherwise she is to donate them to the university of pa). take care! arsine :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Nalathni
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Harpies, Peluda
If I could be anything, I would be...: A telekinetic Peluda
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Caiyros Damia AKH-ET wrote:So I began playing a quiet tune I had written some time ago, and OMG, my fingers were on fire....my head was buzzing with sounds and ideas......It was too much.

I stopped playing, and LP took off my blindfold and there it was a pre-piano piano...

"That, my friend, belong to Beethoven...."

We went to Ledger's bar and talked about it for a long time....

Caiyros
That is WICKED cool!!! :thumbup:

"If you love someone, set them free. If they come home, set them on fire." ~ George Carlin

"Either this wallpaper goes, or I do!" ~ Oscar Wilde, on his deathbed

"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night." ~ Sarah Williams, The Old Astronomer to His Pupil
ImageImage

Return to “eBay/Etsy/Bonanaza/Website Auctions & Listings”