Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Skinwalker
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lily Jade Sphynx
Zodiac:

::nice::

'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
Love4Ever
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process

Thank you As. Well said.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

Scordra wrote:
jellybean wrote:Great post Ash!

In the shop now https://shop.creepyhollows.com/product. ... at=&page=2 LIMITED PRINT EDITION BOOK :: ONLY 100 COPIES AVAILABLE :: BOOK BY ASH ON GREAT DARK ARTS GUIDANCE, SPELLS, & RITUALS. 76 copies still available. I ordered my copy last year and just got my shipping notice yesterday. Can't wait! Magnolia has written a WA version as well. 

Didn't get a shipping notice for mine yet...but it should be following soon then! Yes, this was a great post!! :thumbup:
Just got shipping notice for this book, as well. I have ordered one of each, so that way I can choose to work with both WA and DA should I wish to do so. I have an ancestor here with me who was DA practitioner in life, so I want to learn from her about the Dark Arts. So Ash's book should come in handy, I think. :) And I agree, yet another great and educational post from Ash. There is so much to learn on this forum from the founders themselves, the more seasoned collectors and those who aren't quite seasoned yet. Everyone has something to add.

what_lies_beneath
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

ash-mda wrote:ASIDE FROM THE COMMON MISCONCEPTION THAT THE DARK ARTS & THE BLACK ARTS ARE ONE IN THE SAME (WHICH, THEY AREN'T), THE OTHER MISCONCEPTION IS THAT TO BE DARK MEANS YOU HAVE TO WALK A DANGEROUS PATH. THAT'S NOT TRUE.

BUT TO BE ON THE DARK SIDE DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE ALL LYING IN WAIT TO DO SOMETHING NASTY TO SOMEONE ELSE. WE'RE NOT ALL LURKING AROUND IN THE SHADOWS WAITING FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO POUNCE ON AN UNSUSPECTING VICTIM..
How absolutely true and I would say this also goes with those of us that are not in amongst the conventional society of what we believe in ...in other words to be spiritual and use unconventional methods to enhance ones life...spirits/spells/rituals in our life is deemed like we are out to harm others...we are evil...

The most evil in society can cover themselves with white light as an imposter... people can shroud themselves with white and that makes no difference to whats really underneath...what's hidden...

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Great article. We are all varying shades of grey. Tip the scales a little and things may get interesting.

Though with WA, a person doesn't need to be careful as much as DA. But a DA for me, does force me to be conscientious of my thoughts...and man there are so many reasons to be angry in a day! Any desire for bad assery has been replaced with maturity and self control.

Because of what I know though, even though I keep DA's, I would probably avoid other DA keepers in real life. From my observation, DA keepers are not cruel or mean on purpose, but their spirits are not very forgiving. House rules do get broken or re-interpreted, and by the time you confront them, what is done is done.

Part of me likes the swift teach-a-brother-a-lesson, part of me feels guilty about it. There is always someone carrying some emotional burden of feeling unworthy of something, who then lashes or are rude to the wrong person and then gets into a car accident or something to that effect. Constantly having to self check is eye opening.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Aternity of Darkness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Art Spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mix of All DA
My magical/paranormal name...: Dark Shadow

ash-mda wrote:ASIDE FROM THE COMMON MISCONCEPTION THAT THE DARK ARTS & THE BLACK ARTS ARE ONE IN THE SAME (WHICH, THEY AREN'T), THE OTHER MISCONCEPTION IS THAT TO BE DARK MEANS YOU HAVE TO WALK A DANGEROUS PATH. THAT'S NOT TRUE.

GRANTED, THOSE OF US ON THE DARK SIDE DO TEND TO HAVE A MORE MACABRE OR RISKY SENSE OF HUMOR, & WE KEEP COMPANY WITH PEOPLE SOMETIMES THAT OTHERS WOULD CROSS THE STREET TO AVOID, BUT TO BE ON THE DARK SIDE DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE ALL LYING IN WAIT TO DO SOMETHING NASTY TO SOMEONE ELSE. WE'RE NOT ALL LURKING AROUND IN THE SHADOWS WAITING FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO POUNCE ON AN UNSUSPECTING VICTIM.

YOU CAN BE BAD ASS WITHOUT BEING MALICIOUS. BEING ON THE DARK SIDE DOESN'T MEAN PUFFING OUT YOUR CHEST, TALKING A BIG GAME TO EVERYONE TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE THE MEANEST & TOUGHEST PERSON AROUND, CUTTING OTHERS DOWN, & THEN TAKING SHOTS AT PEOPLE TO PROVE YOUR POINT. THAT MAKES YOU A JERK, NOT A BAD ASS.

I'M NO ANGEL, AND I WENT A ROAD FAR EARLIER IN MY LIFE THAT NONE OF YOU NEEDS TO GO DOWN TO BE ON THE DARK ARTS SIDE. WHICH MEANS CLEARLY DRAWING THE LINE BETWEEN REAL DARK ARTS & EVERYTHING ELSE.

GRANTED, IT'S EASY TO PICK OUT THE YOUNG MALES WITH A LOT OF TESTOSTERONE & A LOT TO PROVE, SO THEY TALK LIKE THEY ARE THE BIGGEST, BADDEST, & TOUGHEST AROUND, USE LOTS OF INTIMIDATING TALK, TRY TO SCARE OTHERS AROUND THEM, & WHATEVER, WHEN IT'S ALL TALK & NO WALK. BUT, THEY AREN'T THE ONLY ONES WHO FALL PREY TO IT.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHITE ARTS & DARK ARTS ISN'T ANGELS & DEMONS, IT'S NOT ONE OR THE OTHER. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO OPERATE WITHIN THE DA WHO ARE JUST AS HELPFUL, ENCOURAGING & FRIENDLY AS PEOPLE IN THE WA.

WHAT'S SAD, IS, PEOPLE FAIL TO REALIZE THAT SOMETIMES. THEY FEEL LIKE IT'S GOTTA BE ALL SPOOKY, SCARY, SECRETIVE, & CREEPY TO BE DA. OR, IT'S GOT TO BE TALK OF KICKING ASS & TAKING NAMES, TALKING ABOUT GETTING REVENGE OVER THE MOST STUPID CRAP I'VE EVER HEARD OF, & THAT'S NOT IT EITHER.

I WOULD HELP ANYONE IN NEED WITH ALL OF MY POWER & I KNOW QUITE A FEW DA PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO THE SAME. WE AREN'T THE BAD GUYS, THOUGH THERE'S PLENTY OF PEOPLE OUT THERE TRYING THEIR BEST TO GIVE US THAT REPUTATION.

IT'S THE SAME FOR DA SPIRITS, THEY CAN CHOOSE RIGHT OR WRONG, MOST OF THE TIME THEY CHOOSE RIGHT, JUST LIKE MYSELF & MOST OF YOU READING THIS.

BE SURE TO DRAWN THE LINE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU'RE GETTING INTO THE DARK ARTS.
This is a very nice post, i can use help... i wrote a post that explains everything, its pending approval.

“It is inevitable that some defeat will enter even the most victorious life. The human spirit is never finished when it is defeated...it is finished when it surrenders.”

moongypsy
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark and white
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being me
My magical/paranormal name...: moongypsy

Thank you Ash! Very true, very important information for everyone here! :thumbup:

There is a thin line between brilliance and insanity
Fearlesswolf
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: White Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gold Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashen-Shugar
Zodiac:

Great Post Ash...........I find myself following the darker path, but I DO have some lighter spirits, and a few WA.

"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them." - Malvolio from Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night"

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it" - Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself" -Mark Twain
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

bump

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Satan and Suns
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 356
Spelled Number: 234
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Royal Demon Goddess
My magical/paranormal name...: Akelta

Thanks for bumping this Bunni. I missed it when it first came out but agree so much with what Ash says, it is a great post.
MagickFromtheMysts wrote:Thank you for pointing out that just because you're dark, doesn't make you stop shining.
This!! So true! :)

Akelta Wilde
Lover of Darkness and Night.
Mistress of Knowledge.

Return to “Ash”