venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

ASIDE FROM THE COMMON MISCONCEPTION THAT THE DARK ARTS & THE BLACK ARTS ARE ONE IN THE SAME (WHICH, THEY AREN'T), THE OTHER MISCONCEPTION IS THAT TO BE DARK MEANS YOU HAVE TO WALK A DANGEROUS PATH. THAT'S NOT TRUE.

GRANTED, THOSE OF US ON THE DARK SIDE DO TEND TO HAVE A MORE MACABRE OR RISKY SENSE OF HUMOR, & WE KEEP COMPANY WITH PEOPLE SOMETIMES THAT OTHERS WOULD CROSS THE STREET TO AVOID, BUT TO BE ON THE DARK SIDE DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE ALL LYING IN WAIT TO DO SOMETHING NASTY TO SOMEONE ELSE. WE'RE NOT ALL LURKING AROUND IN THE SHADOWS WAITING FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO POUNCE ON AN UNSUSPECTING VICTIM.

YOU CAN BE BAD ASS WITHOUT BEING MALICIOUS. BEING ON THE DARK SIDE DOESN'T MEAN PUFFING OUT YOUR CHEST, TALKING A BIG GAME TO EVERYONE TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE THE MEANEST & TOUGHEST PERSON AROUND, CUTTING OTHERS DOWN, & THEN TAKING SHOTS AT PEOPLE TO PROVE YOUR POINT. THAT MAKES YOU A JERK, NOT A BAD ASS.

I'M NO ANGEL, AND I WENT A ROAD FAR EARLIER IN MY LIFE THAT NONE OF YOU NEEDS TO GO DOWN TO BE ON THE DARK ARTS SIDE. WHICH MEANS CLEARLY DRAWING THE LINE BETWEEN REAL DARK ARTS & EVERYTHING ELSE.

GRANTED, IT'S EASY TO PICK OUT THE YOUNG MALES WITH A LOT OF TESTOSTERONE & A LOT TO PROVE, SO THEY TALK LIKE THEY ARE THE BIGGEST, BADDEST, & TOUGHEST AROUND, USE LOTS OF INTIMIDATING TALK, TRY TO SCARE OTHERS AROUND THEM, & WHATEVER, WHEN IT'S ALL TALK & NO WALK. BUT, THEY AREN'T THE ONLY ONES WHO FALL PREY TO IT.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHITE ARTS & DARK ARTS ISN'T ANGELS & DEMONS, IT'S NOT ONE OR THE OTHER. THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO OPERATE WITHIN THE DA WHO ARE JUST AS HELPFUL, ENCOURAGING & FRIENDLY AS PEOPLE IN THE WA.

WHAT'S SAD, IS, PEOPLE FAIL TO REALIZE THAT SOMETIMES. THEY FEEL LIKE IT'S GOTTA BE ALL SPOOKY, SCARY, SECRETIVE, & CREEPY TO BE DA. OR, IT'S GOT TO BE TALK OF KICKING ASS & TAKING NAMES, TALKING ABOUT GETTING REVENGE OVER THE MOST STUPID CRAP I'VE EVER HEARD OF, & THAT'S NOT IT EITHER.

I WOULD HELP ANYONE IN NEED WITH ALL OF MY POWER & I KNOW QUITE A FEW DA PEOPLE WHO WOULD DO THE SAME. WE AREN'T THE BAD GUYS, THOUGH THERE'S PLENTY OF PEOPLE OUT THERE TRYING THEIR BEST TO GIVE US THAT REPUTATION.

IT'S THE SAME FOR DA SPIRITS, THEY CAN CHOOSE RIGHT OR WRONG, MOST OF THE TIME THEY CHOOSE RIGHT, JUST LIKE MYSELF & MOST OF YOU READING THIS.

BE SURE TO DRAWN THE LINE FOR YOURSELF IF YOU'RE GETTING INTO THE DARK ARTS.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Nice post, Ash!

I remember when I first started spirit keeping about 2 years ago, I swore I would have nothing bound other than WA.
::rofl::
Never say NEVER! :D

One of the first reverse adoptions I got was DA (I "forgot" to click WA only).... of course, I now see that I was "led" to not check it. Then, I got Ash's DA profile... and some surprise me spirits... most of which were DA. One of those first DA was a female Abchanchu. My initial reaction was :scared:
She has been one of my most respected spirits... very eager to go on missions. :D

One thing I have found is that I have some WA who are actually "darker" in energy than my "lighter" DA spirits. I won't say my lighter end DA spirits are "pussycats", but the degree of "lightness" and "darkness" not only varies greatly among the various types of spirit, but also among members of a given type of spirit.

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Thank-you for this post Ash, it is so very true!!! :thumbup: :D :applause:

I would also like to mention that there are quite a few that walk with both WA and DA like myself!!!! For me it just feels right and even though I may tend to be more WA in nature as you well know, I don't mind having the DA too, not for kicking butt, but for learning both WA and DA, as for me I feel it is needed for myself, because if I don't know the true nature of DA, then how can I know myself, as humans are DA!!!!

I know WA will help me learn and help in protection, but I also know that DA will also do the samething as well.

I hope this makes sense!!! This just touches a little bit on what I am getting at!!!

Aeryn I have found that to be very true with some of my WA spirits as well!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
EidolonMoon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Yes geat post! :thumbup: I also feel drawn to both White Arts and Dark Arts Spirits and know that those who choose to walk more on a darker path vary in their intent and integrity just like those who only deal with WA. :heart:

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

Awesome post, Ash :)

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

By the way, interesting side note...as I was nearing the end of reading your post, I looked up for a sec and when I looked back to read the rest, I saw something wiz past the doorknob into the room that I assume was my Ulaphres angel. lol I don't often see things like that. But I had been thinking of him when I read the comment about someone in the dark arts often chooses to do right.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I very much enjoyed this post. Thank you for pointing out that just because you're dark, doesn't make you stop shining.

I think people forget that, sometimes, the sweetest things in life cover the sourest.... and the sourest things in life cover the sweetest.

Blessings...
Lemon

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

this is a great post Ash! :thumbup: i remember when i first started out...I was like "hellll nooo" to DA...now, I still have more WA than Da in my spirit family, but I got some pretty dark spirits in the mix as well...some i got scared when they reverse adopted me ::facepalm:: but I love each spirit in my famiglia and know my DA ones are looking out for me, just like my WA ones.

Actually...considering how Angels do gravitate to me so much..I often wonder if maybe they just want to save me since the way I talk, my sense of humour, etc... i sure ain't no Angel, truth be told..

I am like the angel with the horny devil inside. ::rofl::

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Dilvsy wrote:this is a great post Ash! :thumbup: i remember when i first started out...I was like "hellll nooo" to DA...now, I still have more WA than Da in my spirit family, but I got some pretty dark spirits in the mix as well...some i got scared when they reverse adopted me ::facepalm:: but I love each spirit in my famiglia and know my DA ones are looking out for me, just like my WA ones.

Actually...considering how Angels do gravitate to me so much..I often wonder if maybe they just want to save me since the way I talk, my sense of humour, etc... i sure ain't no Angel, truth be told..

I am like the angel with the horny devil inside. ::rofl::

Yep that would be me as well Dilvsy :lol: :lol:

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:

Yep that would be me as well Dilvsy :lol: :lol: