NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

http://www.social-consciousness.com/201 ... -know.html

PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE VIDEOS IN THE ORIGINAL POST THAT ARE NOT QUOTABLE HERE
Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection Introduction

There are tons of useful and well-known methods to achieving Lucid Dreams, but what many people don't know is that if you don't live a healthy lifestyle these methods will never work to their full potential.

These 7 useful tips will give you a fresh perspective to the world of Lucid Dreaming. Whether you have years of experience or are a new aspiring dreamer, this post will help you.

Here are just a few of the benefits you'll get:
Dream recall will improve; dreams will become more vivid
Falling asleep will become easier; helps with insomnia
Lucid Living will come easily and naturally
WILD will become easier
Overall amount of LD's will greatly increase
Results in feeling healthier and revived during the day
All methods are FREE

Before we begin, here's a small amount of background research; do NOT skip over this section, as it is important to some of the tips below. Please note that everything in this article can be backed up with scientific research and reasoning. No guesswork is involved.

The Pineal Gland, Melatonin, and it's Effect on Sleep

Deep inside the brain there is a tiny pine-shaped organ called the pineal gland. The pineal gland serves many purposes, one of which is to produce a hormone called melatonin.

Melatonin works to communicate information about environmental lighting to different parts of the body. In other words, it acts as the body's internal clock; it helps regulate the sleep-wake cycle. It promotes awareness during the day and reduces the amount of time it takes to fall asleep during the night.

It also affects the quality of dreams. High levels of melatonin lead to vivid dreams and high quality sleep, while lower levels lead to trouble sleeping, insomnia, poor quality dreams, and often even mood disorders due to the chemical imbalance.

Speaking in lucid dreaming terms, 'vivid' means more lifelike, easier to recall, and naturally the dreamer is more aware of the dream. The more vivid the dream is,the easier it is to obtain lucidity.

Therefore one of the best ways to increase the chances of having lucid dreams is to increase the body's melatonin levels. Now that you have this handy piece of information, you will be able to understand how you can ultimately impact the success of your lucid dreaming life with a few simple easy steps:

1. Have a consistent sleep schedule.

This is a pretty obvious one. Going to bed and waking up at roughly the same time every day is what sets your 'body clock' (aka melatonin). You know how sometimes you wake up 5 minutes before your alarm rings? That's your melatonin in action. But it cannot function if you do not have a consistent sleep schedule. This internal 'clock' is used in many lucid dreaming methods.

2. Sleep in complete darkness.

Scientific research shows that your melatonin levels are the highest at night while sleeping in complete darkness, around the time that you dream. This promotes vivid dreams and better dream recall. In the ideal situation, there should be no difference in darkness when you open your eyes compared to when you close them. Sleeping with a light on decreases the quality of dreams and messes up your internal clock as it brings down the melatonin level in your body. Don't let light pollution ruin your dreams for you!

3. Limit your time spent with electronics.

The bright light of a computer can burn up your melatonin levels if you spend too much time in front of one. Don't spend more than 5 hours on your computer each day. Also the electromagnetic fields of cell phones, televisions, and computers can burn up your melatonin levels. Limit your time on your phone and do not sleep with your computer or TV too close to you.

4. Recall earlier events from the day.

This is a great and fun thing to do while lying in bed before you fall asleep. Think back to the very beginning of the day and recall as many details as you can. What colour was that car that was parked on the side of the road? Who was your cashier at the grocery store? What colour was his/her eyes? Were you paying attention or did you just worry about buying your food? Go through the entire day and remember as much as you can. Doing this every night will encourage you to subconsciously increase your awareness levels. Before you know it, you will be practicing lucid living with no effort at all!

5. Massage your scalp before you go to bed.

I know this sounds like a weird one but it is actually very relaxing and is wonderful for your health and lucid dreaming. When you massage your scalp, you release endorphins and serotonin. The endorphins give you a relaxing sensation that will help you fall asleep faster. Serotonin is used to create melatonin, so naturally the more serotonin you produce the more melatonin you produce. Melatonin leads to more vivid dreams, which means a higher chance of becoming lucid. Scalp massages are great to do before WILD, during WBTB, and before you go to sleep at night. If you Google scalp massaging techniques you should come up with a fair few.

6. Learn to recognize dream signs before they appear in your dreams.

Yes, this is possible. The subconscious mind works based off of the conscious mind, so if you continuously feed in information about a certain topic there is a high chance it will appear in your dreams. Before it starts appearing in your dreams, there's a good chance it will have appeared in your daydreams as well. Think really hard... Is there something you are incredibly passionate about that you think about very often? When you daydream, does a certain topic float into your mind frequently? When you relax and allow your mind to wander, how often does that topic effortlessly float in? If you can nail a specific topic, use it as a dream sign.

7. Eat lucid foods. Yes, they do exist!

There are certain foods that increase the production of melatonin, therefore making lucidity more attainable. Did you know that eating a teaspoon of mustard before bed actually does increase your chances of getting lucid? Making these foods a part of your everyday diet will help increase your chances of having a lucid dream. Below is a list of lucid foods and how much melatonin is in them (measured in nano grams).

Foods that Contain Melatonin:
White mustard (378 ng/tsp)
Black mustard (258 ng/tsp)
Almonds (39 ng/g)
Sunflower seeds (29 ng/g)
Cherries (15 ng/g)
Flax seeds (12 ng/g)
Oats (1.8 ng/g)
Rice, red radishes, poppy seeds, tomatoes, bananas (0.5 to 1 ng/g)

Other lucid-friendly foods include milk, yogurt, eggs, fish (especially cod and tuna), broccoli, sweet potatoes, mushrooms and lentils. These foods not only contain vitamin B5 (a coenzyme acid that is essential for the synthesis of melatonin), they also contain tryptophan. Tryptophan is converted into serotonin, which is later converted into melatonin.

Using these methods does not guarantee instant lucid dreams every night, but you will definitely have a greater chance at becoming lucid and probably have lucid dreams more frequently than you did before. Plus, not only will these tips give you a larger chance of becoming lucid, they will also make you healthier and happier in your day-to-day life.

This video is a sleep aid to a persons natural 90 minute sleep cycle. The first hour puts you in a calm and healing deep sleep while the last 30 minutes help transition your brain into REM sleep and induce a lucid dream.

The first hour contains ONLY binaural beats and natural rain sounds. The last half hour includes ambient music, natural wind sounds, binaural beats, and vocals suggesting you are in a dream.

Before starting it might help that you fast forward to the last half hour and check to make sure the volume is set right for you to be sleeping.

“I awake to my own dream and dream that I'm awake. I take what I've been given must now give what they would take. I accept that you are different the difference is that I accept. Your difference is my teacher your dreams are my regret.

I venture through the chaos because the chaos is my venture. If order comes whats done is done compassion is still my center. We journey towards the light the light becomes our journey. When dark meets light then life takes flight a prelude to the great turning.

We see that we are one now oneness is the new perspective. When wisdom dawns the dream will spawn a light that is self reflective. I dreamed the center was everywhere and everywhere there was a center. Dropped to my knees and gave thanks to thee necessity the mother inventor.” -Vito Santana

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Nocturna
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 9
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

thank you for this Lemon! I have melatonin pills, as I have horrible insomnia. however, I've only taken them once as they gave me a horrible headache the next day. so now I usually use Benadryl to sleep, and I think that causes a total block for me.

"In the darkness I heard your cry.

I reached out for you and felt you reaching for me too.

Your fingers grasped my hand and in that moment
I felt our souls became one"

Lucinda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 65
Your favorite spirit to work with: white dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: mermaid
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhiannon TideCaw
Zodiac:

that is so interesting, I copied it down. In Australia you need prescription for melatonin and spensy. I want some.

My Charging Box,Treasure Cove,Casting Ground, A Granite Alter, My Magickal SanctuaryImageImageImage
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Fantastic Lemon, thank you for sharing! Bookmarking!!!!

As for the melatonin, I am surprised that it caused headaches, since it has been reported to help relieve them.... however, every body is different!

May I suggest trying it with a lot of water before you give up on it.

Melatonin is actually one of my favorites. I take it for sleep, as it got me off of the heavier ambien... then found out one of the side-effects is that it can help the body fight cancer. Naturally produced or derived from plants. Sorry to go :ot:

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Nocturna
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I actually forgot I had it until I read this post. I tried last night and woke up with no headache. the first time I took it I am pretty sure I was dehydrated as I had just made a drive/move across the US. so I think the head was probably more so from being dehydrated, than the use of the melatonin.

"In the darkness I heard your cry.

I reached out for you and felt you reaching for me too.

Your fingers grasped my hand and in that moment
I felt our souls became one"

Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 115
Spelled Number: 150
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grimmy!!
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mesa Hema
Zodiac:

Very educational!
Thank you for this information. I lack a regular sleep schedule so this gives me the motivation I need. And it kinda made me laugh.... ANYTIME I'd get a scalp massage I would fall asleep. Now I know why!

~Ivy Onyx East (aka: dollybil)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I've actually found their entire website to be extremely enlightening. I believe I posted something else of theirs somewhere here recently... I don't remember anymore what... Migraine today... the fog has stolen my memory. *sigh*

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose
Zodiac:

I shall take the time to read when I have more time

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

Thanks for sharing the information! Interestingly...most of the foods listed for increased melatonin levels are either favorite foods of mine or things I crave quite frequently. I'm wondering now if perhaps the reason I crave them so often might be due to low melatonin production.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose