NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

My conclusion is the one I've always held to... words are fun to play with, but slightly gummy and have a tendency to form into shapes you're not expecting when you turn your back. They're mostly gelatinous but people keep thinking they harden over time.

I think the more fluid you perceive letters, numbers, words, concepts to be...

The safer you are...

And that this, while interesting, is just another hopeful attempt at a solid construct in an impermanent world where a word to one generation means nothing to the next, and something completely different to the third...

I remind you of the word Virgin... which used to merely mean a woman of pure faith.

And the person most likely to get lost inside these solid "traps", and addicted to the idea of them....

Is the user.

As with all words...

Buyer beware.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Lemon wrote:My conclusion is the one I've always held to... words are fun to play with, but slightly gummy and have a tendency to form into shapes you're not expecting when you turn your back. They're mostly gelatinous but people keep thinking they harden over time.

I think the more fluid you perceive letters, numbers, words, concepts to be...

The safer you are...

And that this, while interesting, is just another hopeful attempt at a solid construct in an impermanent world where a word to one generation means nothing to the next, and something completely different to the third...

I remind you of the word Virgin... which used to merely mean a woman of pure faith.

And the person most likely to get lost inside these solid "traps", and addicted to the idea of them....

Is the user.

As with all words...

Buyer beware.

While I think you are right in some ways, there are other things with which I disagree. The systems won't hurt you if you know how to use them...And there do exist systems to be used. I do agree that surface use of these things can lead to anything from just walking into a chinese finger-cuff if using a surface inspiration or process and it can become dangerous.. And looking for closure with systems made to stay open is dangerous. However, the Abramelin system is laid out in "self=protection mode" and cannot be used as seen, perceived, etc without problems. but think of it as the basis for subroutines that need to be added in order to have the system work properly, and those routines go back to a variety of systems demonstrated but never directly explanated in the original veriosn of Moses de Leon's 12th-13th century: Sepher ha Zohar ((or Zohar) and the original system here came from Nakuti the original "Queen of Sheba" and that is a long discussion. Also the letters used in the magick squares were originally (my view - not totally accepted) from Ancient Phoenician language that wound up on the African coast and intersected with the Yoruba and Ethiopian cultures....and ultimately Kenya not Ethiopia...

Also, it is good, if someone has done a kindsorta "mind meld" with Bennett & Crowley's 777 and a few other things as well....The Key is the Control of Statis & Fluidity within onecreated kinetic system that is paused in the specific immediate realm of the prson doing the casting, ceremony, whatever you want to call it.

Also, last thought: I think all worlds are permanent and have endless embeddedment that is seen by humans as serial, which allows for seeding consciousness into the universe...thus perhaps making John Chapman aka Johnny Appleseed, the incredibly important person that William Blake felt he was. Chapman was born about 15 miles from where I live....but that is a personal view not really shared by many...
C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

One other thing...When you talk about words "being slightly gummy" I can add that under the infuence of Yage, I saw achetypes of hieroglyphic languages, alive moving and watching me as though they were saying to themselves "how the F- did he get in here???" And I learned that we should also treat alphabets as hieroglyphics as well...
Caiyros

Occult Metaphysical
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I agree that all alphabets are hieroglyphic.

As to the rest... you make it so complicated. The key is not to control stasis or fluidity. The key is to flow when things are fluid, and to be still when things are in stasis... but above all, to be aware that you are more than the structure, that you are in it, but also beyond it... and be able to, with a momentary pause, still all things, and lift out. Everything is kinetic... but by virtue of that... the multiverse is whole, and still.

That is what I mean... opposition is inherently nonexistent when you accept that both ends exist simultaneously. You don't need the Zohar, or the queen of Sheba, Abremalin the magus, or anyone else to tell you that.

You just have to be still for a moment.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lemon wrote:I agree that all alphabets are hieroglyphic.

As to the rest... you make it so complicated. The key is not to control stasis or fluidity. The key is to flow when things are fluid, and to be still when things are in stasis... but above all, to be aware that you are more than the structure, that you are in it, but also beyond it... and be able to, with a momentary pause, still all things, and lift out. Everything is kinetic... but by virtue of that... the multiverse is whole, and still.

That is what I mean... opposition is inherently nonexistent when you accept that both ends exist simultaneously. You don't need the Zohar, or the queen of Sheba, Abremalin the magus, or anyone else to tell you that.

You just have to be still for a moment.

If doing any kind of ceremonial magick from guiding a space ship around the moon to doing things considered "occult" then there is danger. Intelligent on & off control of statis & fluidity is key for building anything outside of yourself (and probably inside the self-realm as well). A perfect example of this (for me) is the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPW_w68fTHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARNzSLxK0c

She is the greatest of music interpreters and is beautiful and it makes my point. One quiet & peacefull. The other raucous. Also as a personal note, as I get older, I am turning more and more to music and one work of writing only a series begun called the Comedia d'Amour..and will live with the assumption that magick and metaphysics will be just as friendly familiar as drinking a glass of wine or going for a walk... within the beauties of life, and knowing and interactive with daily realities - but totally and completely immune from all else but beauty Itself....and all else around will happen automatically...a dream but then "to dream perchance to wake..." C-

Occult Metaphysical
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

You misunderstand me. And quite deliberately I think.

I do not use ceremonial magick. I find it officious. I prefer organic practices, such as blends of contemporary, Celtic, and occidental shamanism. Intelligent shifts within stasis and fluidity give you far better control of yourself, which is the ultimate goal of any practitioner. Control yourself, control your perceptions of and therefore reactions to internal reality and external modalities, align yourself with the energies that are always there but best suit your needs at the moment you need them, in stillness, but not stasis OR fluidity. There is no need to control ANYTHING other than oneself.

I build much outside myself, and my ability to do so is absolute... yet I do not worry about controlling anything beyond myself. I control my alignment with stasis and change and effect the structures I wish. They erect themselves because I align myself with their willing erection.

Your forms are complex and outdated, and I understand why you do them. It helps you think you have some control... but the energies we work with are so vast and formless... it's much easier to accept that you really are a drop of water in the ocean than it is to attempt to, as that drop of water, convince the wave to rise. Simply be the water... and as a part of the whole, when the wave rises, you will be a part of that rising already. It is much simpler.

And it doesn't require the library of Congress to do.

Return to “PROTECTION”