Hurting for a forum cell phone app

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Forgive my ignorance, I had to Google what it meant. This is from an article:
It is a way for an app to send information to your phone (via a badge, alert, or pop up message) even when the app isn’t in use. For example, if you have a sports app with push notifications enabled, that app can send you the latest score of your favorite team even if the app isn’t running. The notification will send you a message, and when you touch it, it will direct you back to the app for more information.
To me, that sounds like there's the possibility your phone will be notifying you all the time, and I don't know if that's a very good idea. I would think you only want notifications from CH when you're actually in the app. Otherwise, you may get a notification at an inopportune time.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
AlaunarNoctis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: My friends of course
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire

Oh yes, that definitely sounds like it. It may depend on how you set it up to where it only notifies you when you subscribe but that may take a lot of work. I don't know much about creating apps so that option may or may not be available. Also, (Depending on the phone you have, I don't know much about androids) you can turn push notifications off. But that's really all I know about phone apps. Lol.

I got lost in his eyes, and his ponytail.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Mags.. you can turn off your phone, or the app, or CH, or just your internet on your phone, anytime you like, which prevents the app from updating.

If it's coming through your SMS notifications, you can turn off text messaging if you like. Or you can put your phone on silent or vibration if you want to keep getting the messages but don't want to hear them coming through at certain times.

So... this kind of app wouldn't necessarily swamp people... unless they wanted to be swamped. :)

Although... I do appreciate the concern. You're right... if we didn't have that level of control over the incessant incomings from all our different sources, it would become quite annoying. :D But we do, so I say go for it.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

I'd say the push notification is specific to the iPhone. You get them with any app that's installed, like if you get a new message on Facebook, you can have push notifications turned on so that you get little banners across your screen that state a portion of the message. I used to have this set for Facebook but then I joined a mod chat for the LHP subforum on Facebook, and I couldn't take all the millions of little notifications, plus it ate up my battery life, so I turned it off.

I think a CH app would be awesome... seriously... since so many of us are now using mobile-type devices - cells, tablets (i.e. iPad), etc. It would make perusing the forums and store easier.

RubyHeart
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon,Youkai,Ki-Lin
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I would love to see one, or maybe have the forum be on Tapatalk. I use it for some other forums I use and it seems quite handy.

Home to a ki-lin, ivory dragon, sapphire dragon, amber dragon, quartz dragon, were-leopard, youkai, nitral, drow elf, and a couple unbounds...
SpiritTalker
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them!!! :)
My magical/paranormal name...: SpiritTalker
Zodiac:

+1 for mobile app or tapatalk! :)

[img\\buad.bloomu.edu\data\UsersJKL\jlehman\Desktop][/img]

Return to “Forum Suggestions”