putting the singles meet and greet in a tenured area

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

there were other reasons for putting this in the tenure section....one of them being that how are you to contact that person that you'd like to get to know without everyone else knowing that you like them? non-tenure members don't have PM's. nor are you ALLOWED to post your email address or fb address. so how would you communicate with them? that was the other reason.
aternity wrote:That wouldn't be fair to the rest of us who are not tenured yet....

Nightraven: lol they'll answer soon, they're probably still in a shock and Awww with that pic you put up.take them time to digest it all... :thumbup:
not to mention there are only three people who were brave enough to put their profiles on there. so where is everyone else's profiles, that are stating "this isn't fair"? it kind of reminds me of the children's section that CH made for parents and how several people commented on "what a wonderful ideal." yet no one is using that at all.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Aternity of Darkness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Art Spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mix of All DA
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Dark Shadow

Dark Abyss wrote:there were other reasons for putting this in the tenure section....one of them being that how are you to contact that person that you'd like to get to know without everyone else knowing that you like them? non-tenure members don't have PM's. nor are you ALLOWED to post your email address or fb address. so how would you communicate with them? that was the other reason.
aternity wrote:That wouldn't be fair to the rest of us who are not tenured yet....

Nightraven: lol they'll answer soon, they're probably still in a shock and Awww with that pic you put up.take them time to digest it all... :thumbup:
not to mention there are only three people who were brave enough to put their profiles on there. so where is everyone else's profiles, that are stating "this isn't fair"? it kind of reminds me of the children's section that CH made for parents and how several people commented on "what a wonderful ideal." yet no one is using that at all.

I don't think there's an issue with letting everyone know you like someone, the only reason others didn't put their profiles is because we can't put our contact info to further communicate with them...
"this isn't fair" i'd say is a fair statement.... we are all here as one big team,by separating certain members seems like favoritism....

Either way, whatever is decided in the end is cool with me, i'm not complaining, just stating some true facts on how some new people would feel knowing they got separated and thought we were all here to be one big happy family.. :silly:

“It is inevitable that some defeat will enter even the most victorious life. The human spirit is never finished when it is defeated...it is finished when it surrenders.”

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

aternity wrote:"this isn't fair" i'd say is a fair statement.... we are all here as one big team,by separating certain members seems like favoritism....
::facepalm:: there is a lot of stuff on the forum that isn't accessible until you are tenured... it is not favoritism, people have put in their time to show that they are personally invested in this community...

Personals are a big step with lots of personal information - it is important to keep this safeguarded.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:FYI, there are only about 100 members who are Tenured, and I'm not sure if there are enough singles in just the Tenured area? We can put it in the Registered area, which means that you have to be registered in order to see it.
That would be great :thumbup: I would feel safe as long as it wasn't open to the general public

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Sequinox
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Sequinox
Zodiac:

Why not both? Tenured and non tenured. That way you can still filrt in public, but get a little more serious in a more discreet atmosphere.

Actually, as it turns out, it is easy being green.
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

RaeNebula wrote:Why not both? Tenured and non tenured. That way you can still filrt in public, but get a little more serious in a more discreet atmosphere.
because again, what happens when one person is tenure and the other isn't or you have two people who aren't tenure and they'd like to take things a little bit more serious? how are they suppose to contact each other when emails and fb addys aren't allowed?

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I think the whole section is a terrible idea for the awkward type of drama that it could spawn, but that's just me.. lol.

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

Just FYI...but it doesn't take many posts to be considered "registered" (since Mags suggested making that the restriction instead)...but you can apply for tenure after 6 months on the forums. :)

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

Dark Abyss wrote:
RaeNebula wrote:Why not both? Tenured and non tenured. That way you can still filrt in public, but get a little more serious in a more discreet atmosphere.
because again, what happens when one person is tenure and the other isn't or you have two people who aren't tenure and they'd like to take things a little bit more serious? how are they suppose to contact each other when emails and fb addys aren't allowed?
This is a good point...if you're looking to get more intimately involved, how do you do that when you don't both have PM access? Wolfie and I found each other outside of CH. But if you meet on CH and don't run into each other elsewhere...what then? lol

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Garvix
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Forest Cake
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eating Cake
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: Go to Awake

Ashira wrote:
Dark Abyss wrote:
This is a good point...if you're looking to get more intimately involved, how do you do that when you don't both have PM access? Wolfie and I found each other outside of CH. But if you meet on CH and don't run into each other elsewhere...what then? lol
There's that old saying of things finding a way if it's meant to be...
Just have to be creative...

The Universe is Hostile... So Impersonal... Devour to Survive.... So It Is, So It's always been....

Return to “Forum Suggestions”