Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 67
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Neo Starfire Angelis
Zodiac:

Excellent Thread for both those that are new to keeping or are int he mid range and wondering if they should take that leap. Thank you Zero and for everyone else who contributed.

Rexielle
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 90
Your favorite spirit to work with: Many different kinds
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Sage advice, thank you Zero and everyone else who contributed to the thread!

Everything in the forest has its season. Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same.

My spirits I am working with this week: (A) Courtwind Angel, (A) English Psy Vampire, (B) Water Rabbit Spirit Guide, (J) Rosemary Elf, (M) Yurei, and (T) Karkadann Shifter
acciodraconis
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Asphodelia

SpiritTalker wrote:"Experienced" = knowing the DA spirit/entity MAY and probably will test you to the limits with tricks,emotional influence back and forth (as in p!ssy one minute,and cool the next) and say nasty stuff to see where you draw the line,nightmares,etc.

I JUST experienced this last night with my Shaitan. He seemed pretty friendly from the get-go, which is why last night surprised me. Via the pendulum, he asked me why I ask dumb questions. I felt like he had just punched me, kinda hurt my feelings a tad! I kept cool and apologized if I had asked anything "dumb" but then asked what I SHOULD ask. He replied that I should ask "lucky questions." (I guess seeking wishes and such?) I made it clear I did not keep him or the others for what they could do for me, but to be my companions. He then told me he was bad. I was like, okay..... (lol) After that he told me I need to be stern, and ask for things from him. I asked HOW is the best way to ask for things (humoring him) and he spelled out...LIBERATE SPIRITS. I asked how and he spelled out DIE. I promptly told him that was NOT okay to say! I scolded him and told him I would not keep him around if he was to go on like that. A definite line in the sand was drawn in the sand by me!

What came next was funny. I asked him if he had anything else to say, and he told me "J***....you are perfect...fake...test" I confirmed that he was just testing me. He then bounced back to his previously friendly self. I still told him (again) that I didn't like what he did and to never do it again, though (in case he missed it in my first scolding, lol)

They certainly have a way to surprise you, don't they!? I think I passed with flying colors, thankfully! I now know exactly what you mean now about being tested by DA. What a stinker.
I had an experience much like this, but with a Psy Vamp of all things. She was described as regal and gracious and lovely. Well, she came into my house and we sat down for a chat and OMG she was BEYOND rude. Said horrible things to me. Shocking. I put my foot down with her, she kept at it for a while, but it was indeed a test. Once she felt I had passed, she went back to being her very nice self.

I think one of my Djinn tested me in a dream the night after I purchased her vessel, it was super vivid. She was creating these nightmare scenes and whipped up a giant storm, like a tornado. In the dream I screamed that I was her one true keeper or something to that effect. The winds stopped and a beautiful woman appeared in front of me. The dream became much more pleasant after that. Never a dull moment with spirits! 8)

SoulReaderEyes
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: no preferences
If I could be anything, I would be...: I dont know yet
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: It hasnt come yet

So far after searching I can't seem to find any info on subduing a djinn that's bound to spirit. Does anyone here have experience with djinn bound to spirit?

Hi magnolia and ash, can either of you educate me on this please :-).

Clockwick Jeeves
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, Dark Lords
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

'Éxperienced' is when you encounter as few problems as possible along your path - your shielding is impeccable, you have sufficient knowledge to know the difference between what is safe and what is not therefore you know how to stay clear of problematic situations. You know how to successfully identify and tell the difference between different spirits and entities you come across and you know how to correctly deal with them should they give you problems. You understand and know the energy makeup of different spirits and entities. You know and understand your own darkness and nature. You know how to deal with trouble along your path should it arise (in such a manner that it does little to no damage to you, and you successfully avoid it or otherwise get rid of it) and you always stay humble, with the attitude of "one never stops learning"..

“One sticks to an opinion because he prides himself on having come to it on his own, and another because he has taken great pains to learn it and is proud to have grasped it: and so both do so out of vanity.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Shifa
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: Espada
My magical/paranormal name...: Despair Kitten

I'm glad to have found this thread.
There's a psy vamp in the store I've had my eye on, but he's marked "experienced only." So I sadly deleted it from my wish list, while wondering at what point could I consider getting purchases which come with warnings.
Funnily enough, for a newbie I've ended up with more DA spirits than I expected. I am new to vampires though, having only just received one, and about four more are on the way.
I can't sense diddly-squat yet, so I can't tell if my spirits have caused any problems. I'm not the type to immediately blame gods/spirits/devils for bad luck or illness or anything 'cause that's just life. Instead I just repeat the house rules each time a new one comes to me, and continue to send feelings of fondness and appreciation to them.

I see. So this is it. It lies here within this palm. The heart.
Satan's Hellcat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons, DA entities
If I could be anything, I would be...: Multi-dimensional.
My magical/paranormal name...: Satan's Hellcat
Zodiac:

Love this thread! I think experienced is able to handle the maximum spread of situations, from friendly to total war. I think that getting all Customs is not the best plan, either. I WANT some spirits who are not attuned to me, who rock the boat occasionally. I want to know that I can handle that. I do demand a bit of loyalty, and the willingness to work as part of my group. I am quite sure, for instance, that my Troll would love to truss up my Tong tongs and grill them. He is secure in the knowledge that this will not be tolerated, and that I have a Kraken that loooves to drown things. They do test the limits at times. I love this! It gives me a chance to fix a loophole in the house rules. If they are like me, if the temptation is great enough and the punishment not just right, they may decide it is worth the punishment. Adjustments, adjustments adjustments! They know I WANT them happy and healthy, which includes dominant or vicious for a few of them. I accept that a spirit has these tendencies when I decide to welcome them to my house. A good Keeper is never done with the House Rules, and they CHALLENGE their strong spirits! I want the max from them. That means I need to know their max.

MANY spirits of all types, entities, and some servitors. Massive amount of spells.
Verita
neophyte
neophyte

Nice thread.

To me, an experienced spirit keeper works the statement "knowledge is power!" to the max.

MadFox45
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Banshee
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
Zodiac:

My first spirit was a Banshee... not because I thought it was cool, but because i was drawn to her. She has done things that I don't like... and I tell her not to do it and it hasn't happened since.. I do on occasion get soft with her though because i feel sorry that I haven't been able to get a schedule in check with them lately and because she is my first ever spirit... I've been studying for an audition and i feel as though she has done what she's done because she's frustrated that there isn't a lot of connecting going on lately and shes somehow feeding on the energy that she gets from showing herself to others in the household?. I also have white arts and after keeping dark arts it was a little weird at first... fast forward about 4 months and I've been considering Black arts, but am a little hesitant as I have kids and a black arts appearance is a lot more frightening than any Banshee can appear as. At this point in time... i will be working on more meditation with my spirits as it is needed. I've heard different things from different people as to knowing whether I am ready or not... I feel as though i will be completely ready soon to take that leap... but I will have to be a little more strict than what I am with my Banshee.

Return to “Educational Material”