Connecting while being on drugs.

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Truth_Seeker
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: I'm not sure.
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Satyr.
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Sorrow
Zodiac:

Please help, I am having extreme difficulty in establishing a bond and connection with my spirits. I try to meditate and clear my mind for like 20-30 mintues and nothing happens, I don't know if I am doing it right. I been really stressed out lately due to family problems, not finding a job and financial difficulties. All I want is to communicate with my spirits so I can feel comfort, happy, learn from them and get some advice from them. Will using drugs help me by connecting, talking,hearing,seeing and feeling my spirits? And when I mean drugs, its anything that is capable of getting you high. I just been feeling really sad and lonely. :(

GreySkyMorning
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: can't choose!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Infernal Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Skylar Hound (Sky) / Aliavo Verona (Liav)
Zodiac:

You really don't have to meditate to connect... Just talking to them is a good way to connect. Also uh... I really don't see how any sort of drugs at all would help in any way, shape or form. Drugs mess with the mind and the body both, which would really be hindering more than helping...

Mind you, I have nothing against controlled (emphasis on controlled. All of the emphasis) drug use. I just completely fail to see how on earth it would help.

:werewolf:For blue, blue skies...
{If I ever sound rude, I didn't mean to! This is a preemptive apology if anything I say sounds mean!}
Spirits: My mom; Leonardo Da Vinci; 'Uno', werewolf mate; 'Deuce', kobold; 'Trip', alan; J, sterling angel; H, werewolf; F, hellhound; A, faun; K, gold djinn; 'Shu', xinshu dragon; S, psy vamp & brother; B, nympho; & a wraith & volkh!
Servitors: 2 year old son Benji; many others
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Heed this quote -

"One drink is too many for me and a thousand not enough" - by Behan, Brendan F

This is where it leads, and you don't want that. And this may be applied to any drug.

Stay away and don't chase after these sorts of highs.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

May I also add..

Consider whether how you are feeling, is really about your Spirits / not being able to connect to them, or perhaps something more to do with yourself; inner perceptions/conflicts..

Perhaps some self-digging is in order, so that you may correctly identify the cause of your feelings and come back to inner stability.

Either way, searching for outside 'fixes' (be they drugs, people, material objects etc etc) will not help you if the problems lie within yourself.

Best of luck..

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
jasbro07
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: fallen angels
My magical/paranormal name...: lovesclimbingthruwindows
Zodiac:

Truth_Seeker wrote:Please help, I am having extreme difficulty in establishing a bond and connection with my spirits. I try to meditate and clear my mind for like 20-30 mintues and nothing happens, I don't know if I am doing it right. I been really stressed out lately due to family problems, not finding a job and financial difficulties. All I want is to communicate with my spirits so I can feel comfort, happy, learn from them and get some advice from them. Will using drugs help me by connecting, talking,hearing,seeing and feeling my spirits? And when I mean drugs, its anything that is capable of getting you high. I just been feeling really sad and lonely. :(

i'm thinking back to a very loong time ago when i did this. :zombie: problem is, for me at least, not having come from a tradition that uses drugs with specific training and the intention for spirit interaction, made for a highly uncontrollable experience. i think one could get in over one's head pretty easily unless you had some background experience in consciously using drugs. in general, we don't in our culture.

in the end i had way better connection by being patient and developing talents slowly. and i agree whole heartedly with bunnicular, self digging and inner stability. just m2c :candle:

'I would rather be whole, then be good.....'
Carl Jung

“Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my Fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me, I will turn to see Fear’s path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”
Dune by Frank Herbert
jasbro07
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: fallen angels
My magical/paranormal name...: lovesclimbingthruwindows
Zodiac:

Truth_Seeker wrote:Please help, I am having extreme difficulty in establishing a bond and connection with my spirits. I try to meditate and clear my mind for like 20-30 mintues and nothing happens, I don't know if I am doing it right. I been really stressed out lately due to family problems, not finding a job and financial difficulties. All I want is to communicate with my spirits so I can feel comfort, happy, learn from them and get some advice from them. Will using drugs help me by connecting, talking,hearing,seeing and feeling my spirits? And when I mean drugs, its anything that is capable of getting you high. I just been feeling really sad and lonely. :(

I have an adapted version of something that works for me that you might find helpful.

find a symbol, a symbolic representation of your spirit. something in your world that is linked to your individual spirit. make it personal so that you are invested in it. spirits and meditating can be too abstract for some people so personalize it. so like a sigil (or draw your own symbol of their name, don't complicate it) , an image, a picture, anything that you've shared together that you know is linked to them. put the effort into it and draw/build them something. if you're not certain then just pick something that reminds you of them and that you have an emotional connection to. don't make it complicated. it can be as simple as a color. whatever works for you.

focus on that image - then send your love into it. just remember....you sending your love to your spirit; you're just using the image to solidify the experience for yourself.

there is another layer to this type of meditation but you should be already more familiar with your spirit.
reminder: don't make it complicated. its not about the mind. get the mind out of the way and make it like a game if you find yourself struggling. focus on the love, the affection.
:candle:

'I would rather be whole, then be good.....'
Carl Jung

“Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my Fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me, I will turn to see Fear’s path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”
Dune by Frank Herbert
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

jasbro07 wrote:

I have an adapted version of something that works for me that you might find helpful.

find a symbol, a symbolic representation of your spirit. something in your world that is linked to your individual spirit. make it personal so that you are invested in it. spirits and meditating can be too abstract for some people so personalize it. so like a sigil (or draw your own symbol of their name, don't complicate it) , an image, a picture, anything that you've shared together that you know is linked to them. put the effort into it and draw/build them something. if you're not certain then just pick something that reminds you of them and that you have an emotional connection to. don't make it complicated. it can be as simple as a color. whatever works for you.

focus on that image - then send your love into it. just remember....you sending your love to your spirit; you're just using the image to solidify the experience for yourself.

there is another layer to this type of meditation but you should be already more familiar with your spirit.
reminder: don't make it complicated. its not about the mind. get the mind out of the way and make it like a game if you find yourself struggling. focus on the love, the affection.
:candle:
That is very good advise! :thumbup:
I agree with you and to fuel this method even more I personally suggest a regular repeating of certain actions. Make it a ritual. Keep doing it over and over. Be in the trust that the spirit is bonding with you and that your connection becomes tighter. Even if you are not feeling it at first it will happen. Fake it til you make it.
About the drugs. Like Bunnicular said, we are not in a tradition of using drugs to reach certain levels of spirit communication. True Shamans can.
The problem I see is that by taking drugs we change the structures of our energy field. That might even confuse a spirit who wants to connect to you. Stay clear in your energy fields. Raise them to higher levels by keeping clear. You might attract energies you do not wish for. You always attract what fits to your energetic patterns.

I really like jasbros suggestion! Be patient and don´t put yourself under pressure. Believe.

lunar-sheriti
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: sheriti
Zodiac:

all good advice from everyone. so for conclusion, take it slow and just be patient with connecting. no drugs required :P

love my spirits
ImageImageImage
IoNz.S
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 627
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything except BA
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Just to add to what everyone said. Take it slow, do not take drugs out of desperation, dangerous, yes even natural ones that many shaman claims to use. You could get too dependent on psychedelics drugs that you won't be able to do anything after later. (Plus it has risks of opening yourself to attack).

My advice to you would be to.....just..relax. Tighten your muscles, release them, feel the tension leaving away. It's very basic, but basic is always good, do this for your entire body. Meditation doesnt have to be in upright posture either, lean on a pillow or something , take it easy, just try to relax your body fully. Do not expect anything. If any thoughts come across, go through it but do not have too much 'feelings' on it, just let it "pass by".

Try communicating with your spirits when you achieved a very relaxed state, put some bribes up :P (offerings) and try it. Call them and ask them questions to know more about them, look not for direct answers in you ear, but feelings you get when you ask. Once you can start feeling their energy, try giving a set of fixed rules, like, touch my left hand for Yes, touch my right hand for No. Again.....relaxxx.. i think thats the most important thing for communication :S.

Sandeur
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: No favorites yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Marth
Zodiac:

Well to be very honest,
A short time ago I used weed once but not communicate with my Spirits because I kinda left CH behind last year and I'm starting again.

But I suddenly felt a strong connection with my Dragon. It felt like he was right next to me.

I don't think that it's smart to take drugs tho especially not for connecting but the experience was overwhelming.

That is one of the reasons I came back to CH. Ive never felt anything like that before!!

Sander

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

Return to “Connecting”