You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

VAMPIRES, LET'S LOOK AT THE DEFINITIONS AS SET FORTH BY THE KNOWN DICTIONARIES:

MERRIAM-WEBSTER
: the reanimated body of a dead person believed to come from the grave at night and suck the blood of persons asleep
a : one who lives by preying on others
b : a woman who exploits and ruins her lover

DICTIONARY.COM
a preternatural being, commonly believed to be a reanimated corpse, that is said to suck the blood of sleeping persons at night.
(in Eastern European folklore) a corpse, animated by an undeparted soul or demon, that periodically leaves the grave and disturbs the living, until it is exhumed and impaled or burned.
a person who preys ruthlessly upon others; extortionist.
a woman who unscrupulously exploits, ruins, or degrades the men she seduces.
an actress noted for her roles as an unscrupulous seductress: the vampires of the silent movies.

THEIR DEFINITIONS, DICTATED BY HOLLYWOOD LORE, AND BITS & PIECES OF VARIOUS FOLKTALES, ARE FAR FROM THE TRUTH.

LET'S START WITH THE DEFINITION THEY SUCK BLOOD, YES, SANGUINES SUCK BLOOD, BUT VARIOUS SPECIES OF VAMPIRE ARE KNOWN TO SUCK MORE THAN BLOOD; ENERGY, WATER, BRAINS, & SOULS.

THE LATTER ARE BOTH REALLY ANCIENT IN DOCUMENTATION & LEGEND. THE BRAIN-EATING VAMPIRES WERE SAID TO HAVE EXTREMELY LONG TONGUES WITH POINTY ENDS THAT COULD ENTER THE VICTIM THROUGH THE MOUTH, NOSE, OR EAR, & REMOVE THE BRAIN IN SMALL PIECES. THEIR BITE WOULD PARALYZE THE VICTIM, BUT NOT PUT THEM OUT OF THEIR MISERY WHILE THEY WERE PREYED UPON. IN SOME RECORDINGS IT WASN'T A PARALYZING BITE, BUT PARALYZING CONTENT EMITTED FROM THE MOUTH INTO THE NOSTRILS OF THE VICTIM.

THE SOUL-EATING VAMPIRES WERE SUPPOSEDLY REANIMATED MINIONS OF A GRIM REAPER FOUNTAINHEAD, WHO WOULD SEND OUT THE VAMPIRES TO COLLECT SOULS, SOMETIMES FROM STILL LIVING PEOPLE WHO WERE ESPECIALLY BAD, AT WHICH TIME THE VICTIM WOULD BECOME VIRTUALLY COMATOSE, OR ZOMBIE-LIKE.

THE BLOOD, ENERGY, & WATER SUCKING VAMPIRES ARE THE MOST WELL-KNOWN, WITH AQUA VAMPIRES BEING THE LEAST FAVORED OF THE THREE. THE AQUA VAMPIRES WERE CERTAINLY AMONG THE MORE RUTHLESS, AND TYPICALLY LIVED IN AREAS WHERE WATER WAS LITTLE ACCESSIBLE, AFTER BE-FALLING A FATE WHICH ROBBED THEM OF THEIR NATURAL SURROUNDINGS. THEY WERE NOT WELL-DOCUMENTED PAST THE MEDIEVAL AGES WHICH BEGS THE QUESTION OF EXTINCTION? OR, THEY WERE SIMPLY ABSORBED BY OTHER BI-PED SPECIES?

THE WORLD OF VAMPIRES IS NOT A SMALL ONE, ALMOST EVERY KNOWN CULTURE HAS A VAMPIRIC ENTITY THAT LIVED & THRIVED DURING VARIOUS POINTS OF CIVILIZATION. SOME ANIMALS, SOME BI-PED HUMANOIDS, SOME GHOSTLY, & SOME JUST PLAIN INVISIBLE.

VAMPIRES DON'T JUST HUNT AT NIGHT, GRANTED THE CLOAK OF DARKNESS IS GOOD FOR ANY DEED WHERE YOU DON'T WANT TO BE CAUGHT, BUT VARIOUS PREDATORS HAD VARIOUS MEANS THROUGH WHICH THEY'D GET THEIR PREY. SOME OF THE MORE RUTHLESS WOULD SNATCH BABIES, SMALL CHILDREN, THE WEAK, OR THE ELDERLY IN BROAD DAYLIGHT. MOST PEOPLE IN ANCIENT TIMES WERE IN THEIR HOMES BY NIGHTFALL, THEY WEREN'T OUT WANDERING AROUND IN THE DARK. THERE WEREN'T STREET LIGHTS BACK THEN, IF YOU WERE CAUGHT OUT IN THE DARK IT WAS PITCH BLACK. DESPITE POPULAR CONSENSUS, NOT ALL VAMPIRES CAN SEE IN THE DARK LIKE CATS. SOME RACES WERE KNOWN TO BE ABLE TO SEE IN PITCH BLACK CONDITIONS (NEW MOON STAGES, NO EXTERNAL LIGHT), HOWEVER MOST RACES COULD SEE WELL IN THE DARK ONLY IF PROVIDED SOME EXTERNAL LIGHTING. AND, HUMANS, ELVES, GIANTS, DWARVES, & OTHER BI-PED RACES WERE NOT KNOWN FOR THEIR NIGHT VISION CAPABILITIES. THEREFORE, PEOPLE KILLED UNDER CLOAK OF DARKNESS WERE USUALLY SAID TO BE ASKING FOR IT, OR HAD IT COMING.

OF COURSE, VAMPIRES WEREN'T THE PRIMARY PREDATORS PEOPLE WERE RUNNING INDOORS FOR, THERE WERE PLENTY OF ANIMAL PREDATORS KNOWN TO ATTACK AT NIGHT, NOT TO MENTION CRIMINALS OF ALL BI-PED SPECIES WHO ROBBED, RAPED, & MAIMED, SO ALL-IN-ALL PEOPLE WERE OVERLY CAUTIOUS AT NIGHT, WHICH MEANT VAMPIRES COULDN'T BE HELD TO NIGHT-ONLY HUNTING IF THEY WANTED PREY THAT WAS NOT NOCTURNAL. VAMPIRES, CONTRARY TO HOLLYWOOD (AND APPARENTLY DICTIONARIES) DIDN'T JUST FEAST ON HUMAN BLOOD, THEY WOULD DRINK THE BLOOD OF ANYTHING THAT HAD BLOOD. AND SOME VAMPIRES CONTEND THE TASTE OF BLOOD VARIES BY SPECIES & SOME PREFER A VARIETY, OR PREFER THE TASTE OF THE BLOOD OF ONE PREY OVER ANOTHER.

MOST VAMPIRES LIVED IN COMMUNITIES, SOMETIMES VERY SMALL ONES, SOMETIMES IN THRIVING, CITY-SIZED ONES. THE FORMATION OF CLANS WAS ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS, & NOT ALL VAMPIRES HAD TO BELONG TO A CLAN, IN FACT FOR HUNDREDS OF YEARS THERE WERE NO CLANS, BECAUSE THERE WAS NO NEED FOR THEM. CLANS ARE SPECIFIC TO LOCATION AND/OR PURPOSE, AND FORMED MUCH LATER IN VAMPIRE HISTORY. MOST STRICTLY-VAMPIRIC CIVILIZATIONS OPERATED MUCH LIKE OTHER CIVILIZATIONS OF OTHER BI-PEDS AT THE TIME; WITH A GOVERNING PERSON (LIKE A KING/QUEEN, DICTATOR, EMPEROR), A GOVERNING BODY (LIKE A GOVERNMENT), OR THROUGH MUTUAL EXCHANGE (BARTERING SYSTEM), IN ALL CASES THERE WERE RULES WHICH HAD TO BE LIVED BY & TYPICALLY A POLICE-TYPE FORCE THAT PROTECTED THE CITIZENS FROM THEMSELVES & OUTSIDE SOURCES. AT NO TIME WERE THEY ALL COFFIN-BOUND, IN FACT, COFFINS WERE LITTLE USED AS MOST TIMES IN ANCIENT SOCIETIES THE DEAD WERE BURNED.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything~
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

How very interesting! I have never ever heard of water vamps or ones that suck your brains out. Makes sense though and sounds highly uncomfortable O.O :crazy: :zombie:

Lots of great information~! ::nice::

Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Nice info!
Water vampires and brain sucking vampires are new to me...ouch.....scary. :vampire:
Thanks,
M. :star:

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

mrgana wrote:Nice info!
Water vampires and brain sucking vampires are new to me...ouch.....scary. :vampire:
Thanks,
M. :star:
Well, thinking about this a bit, there may be some people that hardly use their brains anyway.... :sly:

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
Zelda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: changes day to day
Zodiac:

That's interesting. I wonder if brain-sucking vampires could've been an off-shoot of the ancient spider vampires (paralyzing their victims before sucking out the juicy insides)?

I'm really enjoying all this new information.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~Cicero
FaerieWhispers
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Whispering Wind
Zodiac:

Thank you for posting this!

SAGE GOLDEN WILLOW

When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is – infinite!” William Blake
Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

Great info, ASh....
The water vampires reminded me of the "Vore" from the movie "The Beast Master" ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_6x9NRz8gk

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

WOW!!! Brain sucking vampires! Nice information, and what a concept.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
MasochisticMoans
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everything~

Huffette wrote:WOW!!! Brain sucking vampires! Nice information, and what a concept.
Eehehe, what a concept to wrap your ............brain around..................... ::rofl:: ::rofl:: ::rofl::

Darkstar
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Thanks for updating the series Ash. :thumbup:

And for me as well. The water Vamps were/are new to my ears.

YOU DONT KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR YOU.....

BLESSED WITH A UNIQUE SPIRIT FAMILY
4 GENERATIONS OF SANG VAMP IN MY BLOOD

Return to “Ash”