THERE IS NO BOOK OF THE DEAD, BUT, ANI DID......

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I am an egyptologist. I briefly corresponded with Sir Alan Gardiner (just before his death - the greatest of the greats!), and studied with Dr. Maryann Galvin a student of Sir Alan. Further I have studied the subject since my mother got me interested in Ancient Egypt when I was in 6th grade. Also, I sell ancient artifacts, but they are not cheap. ALso as I have studied with the 16th Karmapa and the Dalai Lama amount otheres (He wrote a Forward to a book I co-authored), So I do know what I am talking about. Also, not at all trivial, Mags gave me a binding to ANI.

There are NO Books of the Dead, either in Egypt of in Tibet. Period. What is called the Egyptian Book of the Dead is really r'w n'w p'r't m h'r'w and the absolute proper name for it is "Book of Coming Forth Unto Day's Light. "

It is not a series of discreet spells, but a terahedron mass of different human (then in BC) perceptions of Human-God Form Idenities to be "seen", "known", and "felt" by the dead soul, who was to be trained in reading and memorizing the papyrus text before death, everything is interconnected, and thus, then the human spirit (all 7 different parts of him/her) could remain in spirit, be reincarnated as a new soul, or be reincarnated as an old soul. Body parts were preserved in geometric patterns in order to remind the disembodied spirit about the "sacred tetrahedron" of the different issues of Self-Alone and/or Self-With-Body (Astral, Physical, Whatever).

Ancient Egyptian can be spoken in 2 different ways: 1.) The "added-syllable way (Egyptians did not write vowels...and this way was the "ordinary reader way; 2.) A specific way of vocalizing the words. This way way for the "ride" in the ABsolute Immortal World" Hopefuuly, before the end of thsi year, I will release a CD of reading the entire papyrus version the 2nd way, so it would have the "tetrahedron effects".

The Tibetan Book of the Dead: The actual name is: Bardo Thodol translated roughly as "the Book of What Lies between Each Cognition - and is an "opening" to the highest level of Buddha-Tantra which is Aoxchen (or Dzogchen) - The Path Beyond Paths - The Great Perfection. The lowest form of teaching is Fantastically Interesting, The Middle Path of Teaching is Interesting; and the Highest Path is Boring and Instataneous (often). Namkhai Norbu is one of severasl Dzogchen Masters.

The mediaeval Concept of Death, Destruction, Curses, and 'playing with death bodies (either in fancy or in reality, is basically an ugly waste of time and a part of arrogant mediaevalism that still prospers in some quarters.

The pics below are Bottom pic: Ramesis II - head; Middle pic: Ramesis II - "signature"; Top Pic: The All-Seeing Hand of Force of Sekmet.
Caiyros

{note by: m.d.s-s.) The Alchemists most recently rediscovered the whole pattern: Base Line: One deals with their own direct perception of certain energies and the tiny tiny moment between one thought and the next. N.B. The Alchemical books needed to be read are: Aleister Crowley's 777; Lexicon of Alchemy by Martinus Rulandus; Alchemy by Titus Burkhardt; Rudolph Steiner's Artices of Alannus ab Insulus...and Mystere des Cathedrales by Fulcanelli (French title in English translation).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
kenpodragon
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Watcher on the wall
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Darkness from Light
Zodiac:

Excellent write up MWatson-CHolmes.

Reading and understanding the symbolism of the two works is a good for anyone who is interested in some of the modern esoteric groups. Great information for crossing over and connection with others.

In terms of translations floating around out there for the Pert M Hru and Bardo Thodol, which do you prefer?

I've got several editions of the Pert M Hru. Each one has their own strengths and weeknesses. I like the Budge edition because it has a nice reference to the original Ani papryus (has the hieroglyphs inside), but am not too keen on his commentary and interpretation. I've also got several editions of the Bardo Thodol floating around as well.

Take a walk on the darker side of life.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Thank you for your post. Mwatson is Moulee de Salm-Salm, who works with me as co-author and business strategist. CHolmes is myself Caiyros Arlen Strang...

You come across as really interested in how these things work. Yea Team!
The Budge edition of The Book of the Dead with the "3 intralinears" is the best if not only for that. With the Bardo Thodol, is it possible to find advanced Tibetan teachers where you are....??? Evans-Wentz is good, but none of them are great. There is a new on with an intro of HH the Dalai Lama, but I have not read this one. I found for myself that initiation into either the VajraBhairava-Yamantaka Tantra (most advanced) or just the Yamantaka Tantra (not quite as advanced, but nevertheless, advanced) and the Chud (or Chod) will place you in a good position to fully understand The Dzogchen (Zoxchen) "Way of Being" and, in fact, some of the "quotes" from Padmasambhava in the Bardo Thodol are very helpful. Does kenpoDragon relate to Kadgupa linneage? Just rambling: The 7 line prayer to Padmasambhava has bee quite effective....

The full initiation of the Chud (Chod) will most likely take you way past any need for the Bardo Thodol....
Anyone who does it will have their life changed forever.There are minor differences, in chods, but they all work well. I have done the ones from these lineages: Nyingmpa; Sakyapa; and Drikung-Kagyupa:

Base line of initiation:
You become one of these (Blue Tara, Red Tara, Black Tara, Black Vajrayogini
You move out of your body
You visualize (Vizualize only) the following
cutting off the top of your skull and using it as a huge dish (in your imagination only)
cutting up your entire body (in your imagination only)
Now stil as deity (Blue Tara etc)
You use certain rituals to bring all the bad karmas, ugly spirits, etc, to eat there fill and go away forever, as changed beings
then you use mantra sylables to dissolve your entire body into pure Nothingness
The you return as The Deity
The the deity disolves into you.
and then you praise the deity
and the you are done.

But you must do it with a Chodpa...absolutetly

Cai-

Occult Metaphysical
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

A Good Protector of mine - pics - I am sure you can identify her. And no one can control her, but she does protect those whom she has accepted...and acceptance is taking her initiation....which is 2 days long. Cai
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Occult Metaphysical
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I disagree.. there are several egyptian books of the dead/afterlife including the texts regarded as the 'Book of the Dead'. Perhaps not as popularly understood, but to say there are not any such books regarding the dead is misleading.

The Book of Coming forth by Day which you allude to is one; Enigmatic Book of the Netherworld, Book of Gates, Book of Nut, are others..

kenpodragon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks for the reply Caiyros,

Vajrayogini is a fun one :) I would love to eventually seek initiation into the tantras, but that doesn't appear to be a near term outcome.

I've always been interested in the spiritual side of the egyptian/eastern religions, but it is through my working in the Golden Dawn and Masonic esoterism that really drew these out for me.

Unfortunately I don't have any tibetan teachers around here, but one of my goals is to eventually take a trip to Tibet and study there. I also want to go back to Egypt again and back into the pyramids, the valley of kings, etc... - but with all thats going on there now it might be a while for that.

The name KenpoDragon comes from my martial arts background. I'm a 5th dan in American Kenpo Karate (among other styles) and the dragon comes from the symbolism of the dragon as taught in Hsing Yi Kung Fu.

kenpodragon
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:I disagree.. there are several egyptian books of the dead/afterlife including the texts regarded as the 'Book of the Dead'. Perhaps not as popularly understood, but to say there are not any such books regarding the dead is misleading.

The Book of Coming forth by Day which you allude to is one; Enigmatic Book of the Netherworld, Book of Gates, Book of Nut, are others..
I think Caiyros was trying to state that there is a misconception about the "books of the dead" being related to a necronomicon or grimoire, rather than a book of spiritual wisdom.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

kenpodragon wrote:I think Caiyros was trying to state that there is a misconception about the "books of the dead" being related to a necronomicon or grimoire, rather than a book of spiritual wisdom.
I am quite aware he was referring to this (although the multiple books of the dead were not addressed, from what I can see..)
However, the manner in which he does so I find to be misleading - which is why I sought to clarify the facts for others who may be reading;
the rest of what he has stated in regards to the book is more along the lines of one interpretation on the contents therein. The funerary rites can be understood as a source of death/afterlife magick. One versed in the death arts would be more attuned to that significance.

So contrary to what a scholarly notion may depict, I do not feel there is a wrong or right way to look at it.. beyond the very nature of the subject matter.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Can't edit.. wanted to add,
In any case, the original text alluded to and significance is an important consideration for those interested. I always think it beneficial for one to study the raw material, the sources and decide for themself what it's all about.. can't hurt.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

kenpodragon wrote:Thanks for the reply Caiyros,

Vajrayogini is a fun one :) I would love to eventually seek initiation into the tantras, but that doesn't appear to be a near term outcome.

I've always been interested in the spiritual side of the egyptian/eastern religions, but it is through my working in the Golden Dawn and Masonic esoterism that really drew these out for me.

Unfortunately I don't have any tibetan teachers around here, but one of my goals is to eventually take a trip to Tibet and study there. I also want to go back to Egypt again and back into the pyramids, the valley of kings, etc... - but with all thats going on there now it might be a while for that.

The name KenpoDragon comes from my martial arts background. I'm a 5th dan in American Kenpo Karate (among other styles) and the dragon comes from the symbolism of the dragon as taught in Hsing Yi Kung Fu.
Wonderful! Caiyros

Occult Metaphysical

Return to “Spirit Research”