Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

User avatar
elena.rose
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 347
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:15 pm
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: hmm I don't no
If I could be anything, I would be...: not to sure
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't have one yet, but i would like one

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby elena.rose » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:08 pm

Wonderful topic Noc:)



Lionox
neophyte
neophyte
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:48 am
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby Lionox » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:52 pm

This needs more attention...

*pets topic*



User avatar
Nirvanic_Muse
new here
new here
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 5:28 am
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby Nirvanic_Muse » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:56 pm

: bump :

Very cool topic!



User avatar
WolfKnight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal?
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: White Wraith

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby WolfKnight » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:30 am

Do you refer to change by 'chaos' or the 'disharmony' aspect? Because with the concept of change the level of disharmony is not from the change itself but from the way those around it affected react or respond to it. You can have 24/7 change but no inner disharmony if people do not take it the wrong way.

You can also have inner disharmony and predatory behavior underneath in a society that does not have change and is set in stone with certain regulations.

I would honestly rather prefer to be struggling to survive inside an environment where there are little rules, and lots of resources/methods to draw from, rather than one limited by regulations and limited resources.

This is why I view having both a society full of laws that has predatory nature/aggression allowed inside a certain framework is the worst combo one can possibly experience.

I've always lived an over-regulated life in many areas(Both internally and externally) so sick to death of it and still waiting for Odin to do something about it, he is my patron afterall. When can I experience the opposite which I would like? I myself for some reason have 0 problem at all with external change or a lifestyle with 24/7 external change all the time?

Infact I find myself in a happy/hyped mood for some reason when a drastic and sudden unexpected change that causes everything to be 'strange' immediately for some reason from experience. Or in worst case scenario for me I can get 'anxious outwardly but actually excited on the inside about new possibility which dominates over it more both at the same time'.



User avatar
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 12456
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:24 pm
You are...: experienced

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby Noctua » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:27 am

ServantofJustice wrote:I've always lived an over-regulated life in many areas(Both internally and externally) so sick to death of it and still waiting for Odin to do something about it, he is my patron afterall. When can I experience the opposite which I would like? I myself for some reason have 0 problem at all with external change or a lifestyle with 24/7 external change all the time?


Waiting for Odin to do something about it? Seriously, it's up to you to do something about it and Odin certainly teaches this. As he represents a strong, spiritual death essence you could try focusing on that aspect of him, and see how you are guided.
If you're open to engaging immortals outside of your patron, give Loki a whirl.

As for your initial inquiry, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking me. However, I believe disharmony is absolutely necessary to create significant change, this very often leads to personal turmoil and your progress depends on how you embrace this turmoil. Life itself, the so-called free world and opportunity automatically engages Chaos and while you could be very lucky to avoid havoc -- the further you want to go, the more 'death' you must embrace. For those who are complacent, non-ambitious, etc.. when that death/change/discord hails down upon you it is either a gift or a curse, the individual decides.

The more one aligns with Nature/the Wild, the closer they return to the divine power of the ancients (who held a fantastic respect for nature and enduring practice of spirituality in the development of their civilizations). Nature is synonymous with Chaos in my perspective, which spawned it and breathes through it.
People are far too removed from it and this is largely why, one : they repress, abuse, misunderstand the wild expressions of chaos; and two, they will be trampled by it, internally or externally, time and time again.


“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself.."
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

User avatar
WolfKnight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal?
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: White Wraith

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby WolfKnight » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:13 am

Noctifera wrote:
ServantofJustice wrote:I've always lived an over-regulated life in many areas(Both internally and externally) so sick to death of it and still waiting for Odin to do something about it, he is my patron afterall. When can I experience the opposite which I would like? I myself for some reason have 0 problem at all with external change or a lifestyle with 24/7 external change all the time?
If you're open to engaging immortals outside of your patron, give Loki a whirl.
So is Loki able to do stuff like disrupt and get you out of rigid routine? Introduce lots of meaningful change or interesting/strange things in your life? Might be what I'm looking for.



User avatar
WolfKnight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal?
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: White Wraith

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby WolfKnight » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Regarding Loki what form of chaos does he give? Is it a more literal, metaphysical('veil rendering into being ineffective for yourself') or abstract form of 'chaos'? I'm addicted to it and need a means of which I can experience it, even if its 'scary looking' I like to experience it?



User avatar
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Posts: 3683
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:02 pm
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby Aprophis » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:16 am

ServantofJustice wrote:Regarding Loki what form of chaos does he give? Is it a more literal, metaphysical('veil rendering into being ineffective for yourself') or abstract form of 'chaos'? I'm addicted to it and need a means of which I can experience it, even if its 'scary looking' I like to experience it?

....all of it? Loki is a trickster god, one of the representatives of chaos, at least if you're hoping to connect to the more human side of it. He's a burner of bridges and sometimes more. He's the guy who'll make you wake up naked and with a hangover in a country on the other side of the earth.

He'd probably be one of the safer options. On the other hand, if you don't mind risking live(s) and sanity, you could always try it with Azathoth, for the more alien kind of chaos. Although I totally wouldn't recommend that for you. He's the guy who'll kill all your family in a terrible accident that has been caused by you as you will later find out. Because you said you didn't mind outer and inner turmoil.


Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Image

User avatar
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Posts: 12456
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:24 pm
You are...: experienced

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby Noctua » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:45 pm

Loki can be pretty severe, I suggest engaging his force to initiate yourself into that Chaos you seek. Apro gave a perfect example of the nature of what could occur with Loki in your life, lol.

Loki has been one of the major divine players along my path. I will tell you he's brought me to suffer serious physical injury before in order to help clear the way for certain dormant abilities to flourish, he's had me under possession by completely reckless emotional lunacy in order to allow me new experiences and understanding.
On the other hand he's also made sure I am taken care of and have exactly what I need to progress from the more volatile instances, his hearth-fire aspect brings one to find nourishment from the violent flame evoked for change. If he likes you enough that day. You have to expect that what you get from him is foremost based on whatever is most entertaining to him or completely necessary from his perspective and not yours; this is also depending on his mood, beyond if you work out something like a bet or a deal or a game, and apart from him having taken a serious interest and investment in you. Among his aspects the most notable are ranging between cunning trickster, playful trickster, and destroyer.

You have to be ready and willing to surrender and go with the flow, there won't be a lot of time to analyze what's just happened and if you think on it too much you suffer blocking yourself from the course he's set out (at your request..) Just 'be careful what you wish for'.
You'll hear a lot of advisories against Loki from those very experienced with his capability to bring havoc, if you're not quite aware of it already, but you actually want transformative chaos so I don't feel apprehensive about telling you to just go for it. Caveat being, don't go in with expectations of what should happen when he comes.



“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself.."
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

User avatar
WolfKnight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 am
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal?
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: White Wraith

Re: Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Postby WolfKnight » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:58 am

Noctifera wrote:Loki can be pretty severe, I suggest engaging his force to initiate yourself into that Chaos you seek. Apro gave a perfect example of the nature of what could occur with Loki in your life, lol.

Loki has been one of the major divine players along my path. I will tell you he's brought me to suffer serious physical injury before in order to help clear the way for certain dormant abilities to flourish, he's had me under possession by completely reckless emotional lunacy in order to allow me new experiences and understanding.
On the other hand he's also made sure I am taken care of and have exactly what I need to progress from the more volatile instances, his hearth-fire aspect brings one to find nourishment from the violent flame evoked for change. If he likes you enough that day. You have to expect that what you get from him is foremost based on whatever is most entertaining to him or completely necessary from his perspective and not yours; this is also depending on his mood, beyond if you work out something like a bet or a deal or a game, and apart from him having taken a serious interest and investment in you. Among his aspects the most notable are ranging between cunning trickster, playful trickster, and destroyer.

You have to be ready and willing to surrender and go with the flow, there won't be a lot of time to analyze what's just happened and if you think on it too much you suffer blocking yourself from the course he's set out (at your request..) Just 'be careful what you wish for'.
You'll hear a lot of advisories against Loki from those very experienced with his capability to bring havoc, if you're not quite aware of it already, but you actually want transformative chaos so I don't feel apprehensive about telling you to just go for it. Caveat being, don't go in with expectations of what should happen when he comes.

On the other hand because I have some additional obstacles, kinds of society that surround me(effect of their opinions) and a path made inflexible by rigid routine others set, sounds like he might be helpful.

And at the same time also among him or others who would you say are the most powerful 'veil renderers'(in reducing influence of that on yourself)? Are you saying his basically the best you can go for?




Return to “Educational Material”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests