Living with Chaos, and the Power of Belief

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Hi.

Time, and time again, I read of, hear of or personally witness people apparently experiencing terrible onslaughts of extreme discord; sharp, twists and turns that leave them writhing in agony and seeking remedies that are either short-lived or mean nothing at all to the situation.. Their efforts hopeless, time and money and a mask of positivity seemingly wasted on what can feel like some insidious force bent on ruining their lives at any expense..

Well at the core of all this, and all eventualities, is Chaos.
Chaos gets a real bad rap.. because it is hazardous, it is destructive and random..but what we fail to recognize in the midst of it's clutches, is this is a completely neutral force of power. For creativity, and transformation are inherent to it's nature as well.

There is but one answer to your woes, and that is to get acquainted with it.. to embrace it, to understand it. And to roll with it...
But you're thinking, c'est impossible.. it's an utter mess.. you have no control. You are wrong. You have entire control at your disposal, you have all along; your unconscious fears are suppressing that and outwardly manifesting as weakness.

And this is nothing to do with positivity.. it's to do with simply, seeing things for what they are.. TAKING things for what they are and NOT freaking out about it.
The key is to be the eye of the storm.. the eye always reside within you.. the seat of perception, your piece of the cosmos.. yours to twist and yours to turn along with, in harmony with the Chaos that surrounds.

As a culture we fear Chaos and yet rather than treat it with respect we treat it with frustration and depressive attitudes, demonizing it and relegating it's purity.. fencing off our own quality of life to where the shards and tatters seep through and send our neat ideals awry. So what are we left with.. struggling against the flow, fighting a falsely perceived war.
This is not a war, and you are fine..

So an exercise for those who feel like they're dying, sinking in the quicksand..
breathe, release your preconceptions of goodness and the deserved, and consciously..authentically, tell the Chaos you embrace it..
let yourself know that you accept what you cannot control..

This in effect, empowers your capacity to gain control.. one with the tide, and aligned with your personal power..
the fight becomes instead, a constant transformation..and you move into positions of being..

However, what complicates the ability to bring this state upon oneself is rigid structures of belief holding strange and hindering notions in place. And I'm not going to call wrongness on your system, but an efficient system adapts in order to evolve and solve issues.
Most, if not all of the time, our ideas of what is are holding us hostage.. when superstition is released, new perceptions are gained, and new realities..
this too is the nature of Chaos, a fundamentally disordered source of everything, and in itself void. We can each be considered chaotic forms, dual in nature.. yet craving constructs of order to give us purpose..not knowing what true equilibrium is.
When you realize this, it's yours to own.. seek strength within, not without.

Stop making problems for yourself...

Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Hi Noc! :D
I agree, Chaos is a part of our lives and as long as we recognize it exist within us, it is a part of us then we can manage ourselves within it. Chaos and order, if we want to use these descriptions, co-exist. One cannot exist without the other. If Chaos is on one end of a spectrum and order in the other, most people exist in the middle. (It really isn't this simplistic, but it may help to get an idea across) Complete order may be boring without mixing a bit of Chaos in it and complete Chaos may be overwhelming to handle. Imagine how aggravating it may be to most people a complete white room, with nothing out of place…. a complete OCD heaven. Now imagine a kids room with toys, clothes, things just tossed everywhere. Yes, we have all seen this room, it may have been our own at some point….but there is a “madness to my order”… you may say. Of course there is, we exist with both Chaos and order. We decide how much of each we want in our lives. When one gets out of hand, we need to ask ourselves how we got there and how we want to deal with it….do we toss another piece of clothing on the floor or do we pick it up?
Noctifera wrote:
Well at the core of all this, and all eventualities, is Chaos.
Chaos gets a real bad rap.. because it is hazardous, it is destructive and random..but what we fail to recognize in the midst of it's clutches, is this is a completely neutral force of power. For creativity, and transformation are inherent to it's nature as well.
"Neutral...creativity and transformation...."...I like this description.
Noctifera wrote:Hi.
The key is to be the eye of the storm.. the eye always reside within you.. the seat of perception, your piece of the cosmos.. yours to twist and yours to turn along with, in harmony with the Chaos that surrounds.
I know this is an analogy and I understand what you want to express, but anyone who has been in the eye of a real storm has already been hit and is in the eye holding on for dear life waiting for another one, just praying they will stay alive. In the eye of a storm, I don't think anyone really contemplates in changing or taking any type of action beyond searching for a safer place to hide.

For me, my own Chaos/Order=Life is more like a labyrinth, like a beautiful and aggravatingly complex labyrinth garden, that keeps growing and when I make a wrong turn I find my way blocked and go back, make another turn and I may go a little farther but I am blocked again and again. These blocks may be shrubs, vines, weeds, walls, flowers but blocks nevertheless. When I realize I am in my own created labyrinth, because it is my own and of my own creation...then, only when I have reached that awareness then all I can do is find the power position of this garden. Where is the power of position? Above….i have to rise above the garden and see where I have been and where I want to go and figure out a way to get there…..the garden may change and grow along the way, but I get some perspective of my position. AND when I share my life with another person, they have their own garden that intercedes my own and we have to find a way to grow together in some semblance of balance between Chaos/Order. :pray:
Thanks Noc, you always provide me with thought provoking moments :lol:
Blessings,
M. :star:

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

:meme:

Brilliant post!

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
jasbro07
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: fallen angels
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: lovesclimbingthruwindows
Zodiac:

My early morning was filled with a whirl of images and symbols that i pulled up meaning from.... its so freakin fantastic to turn on the computer and see your post with a clarification of similar subject going on. I appreciate your insights Noc and your amazing ability to take the symbolic and make it so clear.

I got up this AM with a vision of Eve before me; all doe-eyed and beautiful, apple in hand with a bite missing, and a shimmering, shivering monstrous black serpent rising before her. Chaos rising within as Beingness and accepted as Meaning....Meaning derived from Beingness, from existence itself. Chaos utterly embraced as one aspect of the polarity without any need for understanding. The 'I AM' of Eve is in her very Beingness arrived at from within. No definition required. It is understood and moved with in a dance from the very center of what one is and from that place, 'the eye of the storm', one is able to do the dance and survive.

Versus order, structure and understanding derived from thinkingness arrived at from without as in the 'apple being handed to Adam' which then becomes his Understanding.

For me, to transcend the conflict between chaos and order is to accept the deeper implications behind Meaning vrs Understanding. Both are valid. But if I insist upon Understanding in order to arrive at Meaning I have terrible conflict. The answer, for me, is in Meaning, and then Understanding. ie., do the dance with Chaos, accept the abandon, and then let Understanding/Order arrive.

As mrgana said, depending where you are on the spectrum is how you come to terms/balance with the Chaos in your life.

I deal with symbols and my response to them; my interpretations are obviously my own and truly not intended to cause offense to any Christians.

And thank you Noc for being thought provoking and clarifying as always!!

:candle:

'I would rather be whole, then be good.....'
Carl Jung

“Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my Fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me, I will turn to see Fear’s path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”
Dune by Frank Herbert
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

Just So...

Fantastic post, as always, Noc. So well put. :)

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Great post!

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Really great post! :thumbup:

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!

jasbro07 wrote: For me, to transcend the conflict between chaos and order is to accept the deeper implications behind Meaning vrs Understanding. Both are valid. But if I insist upon Understanding in order to arrive at Meaning I have terrible conflict. The answer, for me, is in Meaning, and then Understanding. ie., do the dance with Chaos, accept the abandon, and then let Understanding/Order arrive.
Smart thinking is so delicious :mrgreen:

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Lionox
neophyte
neophyte
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal

Giving this an all mighty bump~

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Appreciate the bump, chaos has for myself and perhaps others only become more intricately meaningful to reflect on.

Considering the transitional times we are a part of, perhaps this post may generate greater perspective.

Return to “Educational Material”