You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

From my nearly three years of keeping, I've observed that many people enjoy spirit-keeping for the following reasons:

1. Spirit-keeping is a hobby, in terms of companionship... for someone like myself, who lives with an open t third eye, keeping spirits makes me feel less alone.

2. Spirit-keeping can help you develop and discover your spiritual path, and subsequently lead to spiritual evolution.

Some people stick with #1, some people are a combo of #1 and #2... there is nothing wrong with sticking with #1, as it may just be what is perfectly divinely correct for you. :)

Some thoughts.

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I stick with #2 almost exclusively. Yes, my spiritual family is just that - family - but we come together to help each other move forward down the road. I already know my spiritual path, though of course, there is always more to discover, as a path is like a practice - it's not growth unless you are actually constantly evolving... but the primary purpose for working with any entity or spirit, human, divine, or otherwise, is always spiritual discovery and mastery of self.

Then again, that's just me. I think that anything other than mastery of the self is kind of a waste of time. I'm weird like that.

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I am mostly #1, but with #2 attributes. They are my family and companions. They also help on my journey.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

The reason I began after the initial strong calling for the first was out of plain curiousity, and a desire for #2 even before knowing that having spirit companions was a possibility.

I felt lonely while IN a terrible relationship before that strayed me from my path. But it wasn't the loneliness one might think of. I have never been lonely in my whole life until within the past year, and thanks to them, now I can comprehend that one of the reasons they chose to come here was to help me cope with that.

But after spirit keeping for an amount of time, the reasons I actually ENJOY this integral part of my life have grown beyond what "I thought I knew."

:peace:

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

For me, it has always been about spiritual growth on my spiritual path, it was like that even before I knew about spirit keeping, I knew I had guides and teachers that came along when the time was right for them to do so, then I found my way to this site!!!!

So now I have spirits who not only help me on my path, but they are now a part of my family as well and like family we grow and learn together and we know that we are not alone, but we have each other!!! I wouldn't trade this life for nothing in the world, as spirit keepers we know the universe is so much bigger then we ever could have imagine!!! We also know that we all can pull together and work together and play together, and love each other too!!!!

It is too bad the rest of the world couldn't experience what we have experienced!!!! For if it did, it would be a much different place then what it is now!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Luminoire
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

starfire wrote:For me, it has always been about spiritual growth on my spiritual path, it was like that even before I knew about spirit keeping, I knew I had guides and teachers that came along when the time was right for them to do so, then I found my way to this site!!!!

So now I have spirits who not only help me on my path, but they are now a part of my family as well and like family we grow and learn together and we know that we are not alone, but we have each other!!! I wouldn't trade this life for nothing in the world, as spirit keepers we know the universe is so much bigger then we ever could have imagine!!! We also know that we all can pull together and work together and play together, and love each other too!!!!

It is too bad the rest of the world couldn't experience what we have experienced!!!! For if it did, it would be a much different place then what it is now!!! ;)

Oh wow! I totally agree and find myself in this answer, starfire! :hug:

I could not have put it any better.

Me and my spirit circle of friends have joined up together because we all thought that we could synergize! :heart:

Syri
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Rich
My magical/paranormal name...: H
Zodiac:

I started because I love them all as my friends and companions,and they all help me out with various things. I have come a long way with their help. :thumbup:

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood Weirdo Syri,aka "The Crazy Cat Lady" :mrgreen: Friend of all things dark

jasbro07
neophyte
neophyte
Your favorite spirit to work with: fallen angels
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: lovesclimbingthruwindows
Zodiac:

starfire wrote:For me, it has always been about spiritual growth on my spiritual path, it was like that even before I knew about spirit keeping, I knew I had guides and teachers that came along when the time was right for them to do so, then I found my way to this site!!!!

That is so much more beautiful then I could say, starfire. :heart:
i would only add that i have felt a deep need to reconnect to my ancestors; specifically the spiritual path of my ancestors which is broken and buried. My reestablishing an connection to the ancestral spirits/entities has been very powerful as it's reconnected me to my roots and my spiritual understanding.

:candle:

'I would rather be whole, then be good.....'
Carl Jung

“Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my Fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past me, I will turn to see Fear’s path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.”
Dune by Frank Herbert
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Nyctophilia Raven wrote:I stick with #2 almost exclusively. Yes, my spiritual family is just that - family - but we come together to help each other move forward down the road. I already know my spiritual path, though of course, there is always more to discover, as a path is like a practice - it's not growth unless you are actually constantly evolving... but the primary purpose for working with any entity or spirit, human, divine, or otherwise, is always spiritual discovery and mastery of self.

Then again, that's just me. I think that anything other than mastery of the self is kind of a waste of time. I'm weird like that.
I agree, but I just wanted to also give a nod to people who view it as just a source of companionship and as a hobby. It's uniquely personal in that way.. for many of us, we started off as such and it lead to self-discovery, which is priceless.

Morgana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon & vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Morgana
Zodiac:

Terror wrote:.... it lead to self-discovery, which is priceless.
Priceless indeed! :lol: ;)

"YOU CANNOT TRAVEL ON THE
PATH UNTIL YOU BECOME
THE PATH ITSELF." Buddha

Return to “Spirit Keeping”