Spelled Number: 47
Your favorite spirit to work with: Servitors
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: kelistarian

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

Postby darklordmidnight » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:41 pm

WhimsicalSage wrote:Interesting! Bump!

This wouldn't surprise me if this was atleast partly true. It's wellknown that the bible is a highly edited load of hogwash. But i wonder what the actual evidence for this actually is. Don't forget archeologists are apparently satisfied Jesus did indeed exist.

While Jesus may have existed, you can invent someone in more than one way. His abilities and status, as well as his lineage, could have all been fabricated.

"I may be a Construct, But I Feel, Love, and Want. Does That Not Make Me A Living Being?"

"7 Years Have Gone, It Can No Longer Be Left Undone
The Candle Must Be Burn Again, And Pain
Must Follow the Unholy Flame
So Burn...Burn...Burn
And Free the Spirit From Its Chain"

Drake
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Sausage
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't know.

Postby Drake » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:44 pm

Jesus was black. Least that's what the 13th apostle, Rufus, said.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra

Postby Ashino Tsume roshi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:11 am

Ladies & Gentlemen of This Court:

My own view is that the Israelites (there was no Rabbinic Judiasm until: 69 AD, or 110 AD, or 250 AD) did create a "Saviour" for themselves, but in fact, it didn't really work. Big hints to this can be found in one of the Dead Sea Scrolls (I forget its number and don't have the will to look it up) and that the person we call Jesus was a Nazarene or a Nabataean, and the person called "Joseph" was a Roman Soldier. Jesus was born about 3 BC not 0 BC.

The concept of the Xristos in the Gnostic World, especially in the Gnostic Group called "The Recognitions" is well known and mentioned in one sentence in the Gospel of John or MArk, I really confuse this for some reason - but it is there - Jesus says "In the future, greater ones than I shall come, that is my legacy"...Now that can be interpreted in a number of ways. Also, they have found the gospel of Mary, the Gospel of Judas, and the Gospel of Thomas. All of these are so radical, it is mind-blowing....The Thomas Gospel talks about what we would call Gay Marriage in a positive and mystical manner. The Mary Gospel shows that Mary was an equal partner of Jesus; and the Judas Gospel, I have yet to see any translation of it. It is known to be radical also, All of these come from Gnostic or Greek sources.

Also, I have a piece of a lead Dead Sea Scroll about half the length of a little finger that spells out the following phonetic word (in Aramaic, of course) and it is: EASHOA' which is the name that was later changed by Israelite rebels (fighting the Romans) something akin to Yahoshway and then to Jesus.

Now the Dead Sea scrolls come from that area indicating a number of different groups were there. The Israelites were the last group and if you read a translation of the Pereshat Pincus (sp?) coupled onto the Zohar, to make it more and move away from the high mysticism of the original Zohar. and to embody more stringent and warlike attitudes.

Also, it is obvious that Jesus spoke Naza, Nabatean, Israelite, Greek, & Latin..

So matter how you look at it is Jesus is a being of mystery, his teachings (not any of the interpretations of anyone from Luke to Paul and back again) tend to be strongly Gnostic coupled with his own...

When I look at the "proofs" of Jesus being an Hebraic-Roman fiction used for manipulation, I see a fascinating story, but absolutely no proof. They have cobbled together certain documented attitudes, mentioned no names, and basically used interpretations of a few recorded attitudes - not facts like Caesar would write - and not clear like Cicero would write - and certainly while Nero killed Christians, he never denounced Jesus as a fraud. And remember, as weird a Nero was, he was brilliant in terms of promoting himself.

They have not proven their case, but simply asked for doubt, based upon, interpretation, of recorded partial stories of rumours.

If we are only going to mainline various personal sayings (both old and new) that say that Jesus was a marketing promotion without a body, then we can cite the huge number of visions of Jesus, and the pays to Jesus & Mary at Lourdes, and the miraculous healings of the bleeding St Padre Pio.

I rest my case,
Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels

Postby Huffette » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:23 am

My take is simple. Muslims also teach about Jesus Christ. Other religions besides these two teach of him and his teachings and miracles. Even the angels reference him as the holy child.

If it were not for this body of evidence, I would doubt his existence. The body of evidence is too great to just ignore.

Huffette
Mommy to three haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

NeoStarFire
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 67
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Neo Starfire Angelis

Postby NeoStarFire » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:29 am

Very interesting. The way I look at it, even if a man named Jesus never existed in the past, he exists now as a thought form. A very powerful one at that. Or perhaps he did exist and the prayers, thoughts, and energy of all the people in the world over the centuries has created his divinity. Very interesting in any case.

The Lich King
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 2
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lich King

Postby The Lich King » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:05 pm

i knew there was a reason i never got attached to the religion

Aiko
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Throne Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Warrior Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Postby Aiko » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:27 am

The documentary Zeitgeist - Origin of Religion on YouTube presented interesting stuff about religion in general and Jesus specifically. Actually that one is the best of them all from them. I like Venus Project too.
Highly recommend.Zeitgeist Movement that is.

brolasta
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 53
If I could be anything, I would be...: Slayer
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Postby brolasta » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:02 am

There's also the idea that the Jesus character is a synthesis between Apollonius of Tyania and an actual man that lived by the name of yashua or some variant of it to appease the various conflicting "Christic" cults, unite and conquer lol... I don't see how they wouldn't throw some astrotheology into the mix in order to also appeal the pagans.

Rubyluv
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gryphon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Rubyluv

Postby Rubyluv » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:25 am

In documentation found at that time, there WAS a man, a thief, that was crucified. His name, according to these records was "Jesu Christo". Apparently that is the only record discovered that points to the existence of anyone named Jesus Christ. My personal belief has always been that there was a young man named Jesus that, for whatever reason, suited a group's purposes and they built a mythology around him. Maybe they didn't know the mythology would grow to the epic proportions that it did, maybe they did, I don't know. But religion was often created both to explain things not understood (a thunderstorm is because you displeased the gods; God said gays are bad [when really they simply wanted to encourage procreation in a barren world]; pork is dirty [no means of preserving it so yes, it went bad quickly,valthough the reasoning was that the pig is a filthy animal, therefore God says no].) Religion was also created to exert and preserve power. (You have to listen to me because God says so; listen to your parents because "honor thy parents"; give me your money because God says you have to [tithes]). I personally don't have an issue with religion, per se. It's extremism that offends me. Christianity irritates me because I feel it's all a big lie. Every story in the bible, there are other versions of them in other, far older religions. Saints and such are based on pagan gods. Christian holidays are based on older pagan festivals and holy days. I cant live my life or put my faith whole heartedly into something i feel is nothing but lies and thievery. And dont get me started on the violent oppression and atrocities committed in the name of the religion.
A very long reply but hope it all makes sense.

Proud companion of a Gryphon-N, Werewolf-D, Steel Golem, Norse Light Elf-A, Air & Water/Sea Elf Spirit-M, Bird Fairy-Ar, Lion Shifter-Mz, Throne Angel-De, Ice Stag-K, Pegasus-L, Sanguine Vampire-Ke, Barrow Dragon-Mi, Unicorn-An, Owl Familiar-Sc, Avenging Angel-T, Mermaid-Me, Rainbow Dragon-Ag, Raven Familiar-Th, Fairy Godmother-Mia, Snake Familiar-H, Were-Horse-To

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced

Postby Noctua » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:39 am

I don't have much to add, but really like your comment Ruby as it's very well articulated and you've touched on every aspect that needs touching on in a concise manner.

As for Jesus he is a form of 'resurrected god' represented in a few pantheons, including Dionysos (whom I practice as priestess to).. and it really gets a lot more interesting in my view when we look at the pagan connections. I think regardless of the historical record one way or another, Jesus is also established as 'this' figure but as with many areas -- Religious folk can interpret these forces as they will, and often do so in ways that do no sort of justice to the main premise or essence of the force.

“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself.."
― Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

Return to “What Went Wrong?”