You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 31
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Banshee
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Re: Ancient Confession Found: 'We Invented Jesus Christ'

Postby MadFox45 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:15 pm

The thing is... with so much energy going into the belief system... the energy has pretty much created god and jesus. its like a thought form situation.

conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael

Postby conxtion » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Well, if Christianity is bollocks, then so is Islam, since Muslims claim Jesus to be one of their many prophets.

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.

conxtion
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods
If I could be anything, I would be...: Above God
My magical/paranormal name...: Michael

Postby conxtion » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:02 pm

By the way, can anyone make me a Jesus Christ servitor?

Would be great to have a being turn water into wine for me, help me walk on water, and bring me back to life three days after my death.

Wealth, Health and Happiness are my nature.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose

Postby Instrument of the end fire083 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:06 am

So, I have some issues with the article. The author sites no sources and the link that is supposed to have sources comes up as a bad site. That being said I have seen a similar presentation on the history channel before. There is evidence enough that a person existed who was a prophet and performed acts considered miraculous for the time. The exact nature and sort of acts may be exaggerated to an extent, and the time period may have been shifted. Doesn't mean that everything is fake.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.

darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: new to this
Your favorite spirit to work with: omnomnom
If I could be anything, I would be...: blingbling
My magical/paranormal name...: Blade Birch

Postby darkwing dook » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:34 am

MadFox45 wrote:The thing is... with so much energy going into the belief system... the energy has pretty much created god and jesus. its like a thought form situation.

Yep, and this can be said to any religion and deities, actually : )

conxtion wrote:By the way, can anyone make me a Jesus Christ servitor?

Would be great to have a being turn water into wine for me, help me walk on water, and bring me back to life three days after my death.

You'd need to consult with the sellers beforehand, whether they can and want to make a servitor based on Jesus.

Instrument of the end fire083 wrote:So, I have some issues with the article. The author sites no sources and the link that is supposed to have sources comes up as a bad site. That being said I have seen a similar presentation on the history channel before. There is evidence enough that a person existed who was a prophet and performed acts considered miraculous for the time. The exact nature and sort of acts may be exaggerated to an extent, and the time period may have been shifted. Doesn't mean that everything is fake.

Yep. It is based on the author's book, Caesar's Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy to Invent Jesus. If we read it in detail, we can find the title is misleading, possibly for marketing ploy. There's no "confession", whether oral or written confession. The idea of "We invented Jesus" is the summary of conclusion the author has hoped the research would lead into.

And of course there are those who argued with the author's findings, e.g.:
http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/rev_atwill.htm
https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_p ... vent-jesus
https://www.catholic.com/magazine/onlin ... vent-jesus
It's always good to see both sides of the arguments before jumping to conclusion : )

"Knowing a trifle about everything gives life more color." - Zhuge Liang
"Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use." - Wendell Johnson

Edens Eve
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demons

Postby Edens Eve » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:35 pm

ASH-MDA wrote:THIS DIDN'T GET MUCH MEDIA PLAY. IT'S EITHER BECAUSE HIS EVIDENCE ISN'T SUPPORTIVE ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY SURVIVE SCRUTINY. OR, THE THOUGHT OF CRUMBLING ONE OF THE TOP RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD WOULD BE TOO MUCH FOR THE SOCIAL CONSCIOUS & IT WILL NEVER HAVE THE CHANCE TO BE REALIZED.

I was wondering why I did not know about this. Personally, I feel the latter may be correct. Christianity would crumble, thus creating chaos. So they want to keep their secret, a secret.

~~ Knowledge is power ~~

WolfKnight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal(gods)
If I could be anything, I would be...: an Immortal?
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: White Wraith

Postby WolfKnight » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:21 am

akh wrote:
ASH-MDA wrote:THIS DIDN'T GET MUCH MEDIA PLAY. IT'S EITHER BECAUSE HIS EVIDENCE ISN'T SUPPORTIVE ENOUGH TO ACTUALLY SURVIVE SCRUTINY. OR, THE THOUGHT OF CRUMBLING ONE OF THE TOP RELIGIONS IN THE WORLD WOULD BE TOO MUCH FOR THE SOCIAL CONSCIOUS & IT WILL NEVER HAVE THE CHANCE TO BE REALIZED.

I was wondering why I did not know about this. Personally, I feel the latter may be correct. Christianity would crumble, thus creating chaos. So they want to keep their secret, a secret.
It's not solely Jesus that the Church claims to serve though but Angels in general and whomever the rulers of their society are?

So far as we know angelic society has leaders, and the fallen are those who have disobeyed. Medieval Humans who were drawn to Christianity saw Angels as the superiors of humanity, and the church + kingdoms pledged also claimed to be aligned with them. Each coronation or knighting a priest would perform a ritual/ceremony to reinforce the link to them between the ruler/their subjects and the angels/Catholic deity/Jesus altogether? They built many statues, carvings, decorations, paintings and drawings of them everywhere including in graveyards where it was expected they would collect the spirits of deceased humans.

Whenever a priest or human from the times of Church rule encountered an angel they would immediately kneel or prostrate themselves in most cases.

I'm not saying its a bad thing, because maybe in a good way we were or are able to learn from the rulers of the said angelic society. Since the world seems to be decline in this age where humanity gave up the pursuit of a far leaning 'light' based spiritual path in intentions, could it help in any way/shape/form if we went back to it? Like maybe try again (This time it should not go as bad as before) if its done?

☆Aytide☆
active contributor
active contributor
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Magickian

Postby ☆Aytide☆ » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:08 pm

akh wrote:

Makes sense.. Imagine how messed up the world will be, wars everywhere...

Santa Muerte, Saint Death,
we pray to you to swallow our breath

Fireshadow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 41
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Probably something with Fire

Postby Fireshadow » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:33 pm

So I already answered this treath, but I came here again.

I believe Jesus is real, because my angel-spirits wouldn't lie to me. Maybe the Church lies, maybe Lorna Byrne lies, maybe Dan Brown lies, but not my angel-spirits. If they tell me Jesus is real, he is real.

How do I say this best?
Hm... Jesus is real... because he is too good to be true.
He is as awesome as Mother Theresa, and the Dalai Lama. ( and everyone knows they are real)
He is real... because the Church wouldn't be able to invent a person like him.
Because Humanity ( and let's face the fact that most of us are terrible towards one another) wouldn't be able to invent a guy like this, and let him be so awesome.
I'm not talking about how he is conceived, or who he exactly was, or if he went up in the air after his dead, I'm talking about the person himself. The one who touched the sick, who helped the poor, who forgave the sinners. The one who walked almost barefoot ( without a single plane/ car, because that didn't exist back then) from town to town, showing Love to all.

And yes, the Church has the ability to lie, but if you know something about the Church it's very clear they borrow a thousand things from others, and claim it to be theirs. So if The Church borrowed Easter, Christmas... why not borrow Jesus?

Maybe just maybe all those people making hoaxes should stop a second, and think before they act. I don't think the author of this article gave a **** about how this would come to the roughly 4 billion believers of Christ. And this author certainly didn't give a **** about the person Jesus. Because let me tell you, I can already hear Jesus calling out:' Well thank you dude! And I did die on a cross for you. It didn't hurt at all when they pinned me on there with some nails.
Not only are you guys calling my darling wife a whore, next of it you're claiming I'm not real but an invention! But no worries, I'm such a caring person that I would totally do it all over again! You're totally welcome!
*mumbling*No wonder people nowadays are suffering from depressions and stuff

I mean... we are on a website where they are claiming the Monster of Loch Ness, Merlin and Camelot are real. But Jesus, the one who is famous over the five continents, and who is proved to be real by a thousand accounts, isn't real?
Religions sideways and everything, this article claims that a person who is so famous, isn't real?
What's next? Julius Caesar and Martin Luther King are also inventions? Alexander the Great is an invention? Was Einstein even real? We already have Shakespeare who isn't real, so let's go and claim the whole world like we know is an invention.
I mean, let's face it: Only Edward Cullen is real, the rest of the world ( even us) are totally inventions. 1ak

To be honest, that's in my opinion the only logical answer on this article. Jesus as a person was as real as you and I. The Religious part you can be doubting, not the person himself.

my companions/family:
spirits: 2 Marid, Hippogryph,Tiger, Grigori W, Fire Fae, Minotaur, Cleopatra Djinn, Leprechaun, Water Fae, 2 Unicorn, Crocotta, Anchestors: Vamp hybrid & Merman hybrid & Angel Hybrid, Cambion, Caberra, Nixie, Red Dragon, Atlantean Sang Vamp, Courtwind, Gargoyle, phoenix, pegasus, drow, gold djinn, culebron, ayla, wraith, siren, boggart, muddled-blood vamp, fylgia, mazou
entities: Kitsune, Incubus, Arkan Sonney, cribbleshank
Immortals: Aphrodite. Merlin.

Instrument of the end fire083
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 28
Your favorite spirit to work with: Anything willing
If I could be anything, I would be...: High Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Melindrose

Postby Instrument of the end fire083 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:49 am

Fireshadow, the being is real the details we have are inaccurate because he came from much older traditions. The name commonly used is also wrong. Yeshua is the original Hebrew for him and as I understand it Joshua would be the correct translation.

All my freestyle dancing is essentially magic
To be the left hand of a god.

Return to “What Went Wrong?”